Potential HC Replacements

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next puppet up
There have been a number of repeated proclamations that Jerry Jones will hire Lincoln Riley. That is still a possibility. However, Jones' past hirings suggest it is more likely someone in-house will be elevated into the head coaching position if Garrett is canned. Someone who Jones already approves by default. I do not prefer the term 'puppet' but it is as good a definition for becoming the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys as any other.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Riley is also cut from the Kellen Moore cloth in that he’s a young (36), bright offensive mind.

The Kellen Moore cloth? This myth won't die.

"Help us Lincoln Riley"
SpottedDamagedInganue-size_restricted.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There have been a number of repeated proclamations that Jerry Jones will hire Lincoln Riley. That is still a possibility. However, Jones' past hirings suggest it is more likely someone in-house will be elevated into the head coaching position if Garrett is canned. Someone who Jones already approves by default. I do not prefer the term 'puppet' but it is as good a definition for becoming the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys as any other.

Like me, take comfort in the fact that there are no viable internal candidates.
:thumbup:

scottsp

Reaction score
I would love to know the mood in the Jones room. Are they just so over this to the point they're already plotting? Or is what we suspect, which is they're okay with allowing this to play out before making a decision? i.e. "We can still overcome this!" Certainly there is something to be said for the fact they let Jason get into this final year of his deal, but there has to be a breaking point, right? While I don't believe they act on it tonight, even after dropping this one to an 0-4 club, perhaps they now deem this to be irreparable.

So going on that assumption, a look beyond the Red River seems in keeping with how they could splash and spin this. Jerry has twice gone with coaches out of the college game. One was seven years into retirement when he got the call.

Dallas would likely look to Lincoln Riley, IMO. I think there is a better shot at that than going with an up-and-coming NFL assistant or retread. What I cannot account for at the moment is their feeling on Richard or Moore. I guess that's why the temperature in the room would be good to know. Because Jason is almost certainly a dead man walking, but are the Joneses ready to do away with the staff they have favored most to this point?

Zordon

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Will McClay was THE coach of the Dallas Desperados and was named the Arena Football League Coach of the Year in 2006.

I'd say we are pretty Desperado right now.
You posted a list of DC's you were interested a few days ago. Can you repost?

JMech

Reaction score
I have little interest in discussions of rants, reactionary diatribe, or whining. I like discussing solutions.

What potential HC are out there that would upgrade the team? Keep in mind that this is still the Cowboys with all that entails. Your neophyte prodigy might not be as good of an idea as one may think.

I really have no idea about the college ranks but would love to see what people have in mind.

Mike McCarthy would be a good option.

JMech

Reaction score
Garrett will not be released during the season so forget that

And let's remember how many head coaches were used after Jimmy Johnson. So to say "anyone" is silly

Why would a successful college coach want to leave to coach Dallas? Answer: The reason why players come to Dallas ---to get paid, not to win.

no , I think it happens tomorrow. They believe they have talent and it is very obvious he has lost these players. Not sure what is happening in the locker room but it’s not good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like me, take comfort in the fact that there are no viable internal candidates.
:thumbup:
Not viable in your opinion, my opinion, and others' opinion but not necessarily Jones' opinion--who owns the only opinion of importance.

reddyuta

Reaction score
fans have no recourse here,everybody knows Garrett is worthless but he is still here.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Anybody please. Anybody. Garrett is a disgusting bum. Jerry is a spineless ***** if he doesn’t not fire him immediately
You want to fire Garrett and throw organization into chaos before the bye week with you biggest game of the season this week?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You know and I know where your position has been. You don't get to suddenly 'jump sides' now. Not happening. Heck, you tried to defend Linehan!

I have no interest in putting forth the effort for 'your review'. I don't care what you think about it at this point.

You sure seem intent on making it about me.

As for Linehan, I just said that people had no idea what they were talking about. People would say there were no crossing routes or IPO when there was for example. Of course you translated that into what you are doing now.

If you don't want to discuss the topic of this thread, potential HC, then perhaps you might discuss something other than me?

iamliko22

Reaction score
I just want to say if Garrett were to get fired after this game (he won't) I love that Tony Romo got to call the game and be there.

LOVE IT.

I wish Demarcus Ware could have been there too.
Wouldve been awesome. It wont happen though

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have little interest in discussions of rants, reactionary diatribe, or whining. I like discussing solutions.

What potential HC are out there that would upgrade the team? Keep in mind that this is still the Cowboys with all that entails. Your neophyte prodigy might not be as good of an idea as one may think.

I really have no idea about the college ranks but would love to see what people have in mind.

In accordance with Jerry football 101 here's our new HC....
MPW-44048

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not viable in your opinion, my opinion, and others' opinion but not necessarily Jones' opinion--who owns the only opinion of importance.

What's your honest opinion? I don't think even a collapse will force Jones to can Garrett during the season, and when it's over, he'll look outside.