Power Football

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wait....

"They figure that playing a rookie at LT, a JAG at LG, a JAG at C, a HOF at RG and a JAG at RT is a recipe for a win. They think all of this because of Zoner posters. "

You think that NFL think this because of what we post here?

That is comedy right there!

Sydla

Reaction score
please explain, did you mean to say playing so much inexperience is a receipe for disaster?

Also explain , how does this concept works for power running against starting caliber NFL DLs ( with real DTs and run stopping DEs , Gap responsible LBs)

I can’t understand.

His point was laughable. Apparently the Tampa Bay Bucs now know the Cowboys have inexperience along the OL because fans on this message board said it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He finds the players. Jerry doesn’t. McClay is the de facto GM.
Head of Scouting is not GM.

Jethro and Son don’t have to find the players to be making personnel decisions after they’ve been found.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Come on Rocky stop everybody hasn't given up on the season but people are very ticked off that positions that should have been addressed in free agency were left unattended and now it makes things quite a bit more difficult than it would necessarily have to be to get to the playoffs.

Whether or not Jerry is responsible for every bad decision is neither here nor there because if he's not responsible directly he employs whoever is responsible.

That said please don't flatter yourself and think that zone posters have any influence over anything in the NFL our opinion and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.

What is telling is when Nate Newton is on national television being prodded by Michael Irvin to say something positive about our offensive line and he absolutely refuses to say anything positive and basically just says they suck and are trying to get through with the game.

That in my mind and I would think any serious football fans mind would be cause for concern if you're expecting us to have a serious power running game.
he said 68 would make the team. lol

Reaction score
95% of Zoners have already given up on the season. “Jerry wasn’t prepared for Tyron going down.” “Jerry didn’t address the WR position.” Jerry didn’t do this or that. The fact is, Jerry doesn’t do any of that. It’s Will McClay and the coaching staff who address personnel decisions.

If you’ve paid attention to OTA’s, Mini Camps, training camp, inter-squad practices and preseason games you would see that the Cowboys are going to be a power running attack team. At least, initially. This is because teams like Tampa Bay are going to dare Dak to throw the ball. They figure that playing a rookie at LT, a JAG at LG, a JAG at C, a HOF at RG and a JAG at RT is a recipe for a win. They think all of this because of Zoner posters. You couch potatoes have no clue. There’s posters here that habitually crap on Dak, the offensive line, the coaching, Perception becomes reality.

In reality, the Cowboys are going to be a power running game. Preseason is preseason but they’ve been successful running the ball in every game. Without the starters. If you can run the ball in the NFL then your offense is going to be successful. If you can play defense like the Cowboys can with that power running offense then you can go far.

The unknown that everyone is overlooking is the QB, The many ignorant Zoners here pound their chests saying “What has he won!!!!!”. They don’t look at what he can do. They don’t look at his stats. They only look at the fact that “He hasn’t won squat”. Those are the ignorant losers who only come here to crap on Dak and or the Cowboys.

Dak needs a power running game to be his best, I'd love to see the Cowboys put some effort into run blocking schemes and power football,,, this year's defense might compliment that well.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
95% of Zoners have already given up on the season. “Jerry wasn’t prepared for Tyron going down.” “Jerry didn’t address the WR position.” Jerry didn’t do this or that. The fact is, Jerry doesn’t do any of that. It’s Will McClay and the coaching staff who address personnel decisions.

If you’ve paid attention to OTA’s, Mini Camps, training camp, inter-squad practices and preseason games you would see that the Cowboys are going to be a power running attack team. At least, initially. This is because teams like Tampa Bay are going to dare Dak to throw the ball. They figure that playing a rookie at LT, a JAG at LG, a JAG at C, a HOF at RG and a JAG at RT is a recipe for a win. They think all of this because of Zoner posters. You couch potatoes have no clue. There’s posters here that habitually crap on Dak, the offensive line, the coaching, Perception becomes reality.

In reality, the Cowboys are going to be a power running game. Preseason is preseason but they’ve been successful running the ball in every game. Without the starters. If you can run the ball in the NFL then your offense is going to be successful. If you can play defense like the Cowboys can with that power running offense then you can go far.

The unknown that everyone is overlooking is the QB, The many ignorant Zoners here pound their chests saying “What has he won!!!!!”. They don’t look at what he can do. They don’t look at his stats. They only look at the fact that “He hasn’t won squat”. Those are the ignorant losers who only come here to crap on Dak and or the Cowboys.

I dont believe Steele is a JAG. He can be a potentially very solid player for us. People dismiss how far he has come.

I do believe they are planning on pounding the football. Tyler may struggle at recognition and technique at times, but his pure power will help the run game. Would've been cool to run left with both the Smiths.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Please read the assessment about Ball in the 2nd and 3rd preseason game, his pass blocking is improving but run game he is losing as he is not quick enough and lunges and misses.
Tyler smith , if he starts at LG will help run game , but what about Biadaz?
Zack is of course Zack , Steele is ok .

If Tyron is healthy I would agree , this will be a good OL for run game. ( running left )
That’s your problem. You read. If you watch, you don’t understand so you read.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Head of Scouting is not GM.

Jethro and Son don’t have to find the players to be making personnel decisions after they’ve been found.
Jethro and Son don’t find players. Will McClay and staff do. The Jones just sign the checks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak needs a power running game to be his best, I'd love to see the Cowboys put some effort into run blocking schemes and power football,,, this year's defense might compliment that well.
Dak doesn’t need a power running game. But starting out this year with h youth on the line and at WR that’s what they need to do until players get back and the line gets some experience.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah I mean heck we're not asking for Larry Allen but I don't think somebody who has started a couple NFL seasons would not be too much to ask for.

Yes, I'd settle for a Doug Free or Marc Colombo. I'd settle for hamburger at oline. Just not McDonald's lol.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Power running is an antiquated concept, but I feel like even if Dallas was trying to establish that sort of identity, they don't have the personnel to pull it off. If any team could do it, then they all would.

Dallas has one Pro Bowl caliber player on the OL now, and a rookie who is notorious for holding calls and is also very raw. There is very little NFL experience on the line as it is right now to expect that unit to take over a game. Dallas's immediate path to success is Dak magically figuring out how to beat a Cover 2.

coult44

Reaction score

Couple questions. Do you know when the last time a running team won the Super Bowl was? Do you know when the last time a team without a dominant passing game won? Do you know how many times a team with a rushing leader won the super bowl? Dude, this is 2022, running the ball as a first option is a disaster waiting to happen…

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Couple questions. Do you know when the last time a running team won the Super Bowl was? Do you know when the last time a team without a dominant passing game won? Do you know how many times a team with a rushing leader won the super bowl? Dude, this is 2022, running the ball as a first option is a disaster waiting to happen…
You have to be able to run the ball period. Otherwise the passing game doesn’t work Football 101. I suggest you guys get Football for Dummies. Y’all need it.