Twitter: Practice notes 9/20

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think that most people have them as the best team at this point.
Maybe, but I still get the impression from the national media that they have seen this before from Dallas and they need to prove it in the postseason. That’s very fair. It’s only two weeks in. Not sure many have us jumping SF or Phi just yet actually….

Thing is, we can’t prove our postseason issues are behind us in September.

People can be skeptical and I wouldn’t blame them, but it’s no reason to not enjoy what’s going on now. I’ve been on the other end of it too many times.

If they fail again, they were good enough but just got beat. That happens.

rambo2

Reaction score
I would say pencil me in as one of those fans also. Did the G-men go 6 qtrs. without scoring before the flood gates opened against a team vying for Caleb Williams? And those poor Jets were clearly not prepared for life without Rodgers. Impressive wins - yes and they shouldn't be diminished but I'll feel a little better after a win against the competitive Patriots and a proper showing against our nemesis, the 9er's.

There's still plenty of work to do here. I know TD's weren't needed against the Jets but that doesn't mean you stop trying to get them and be content with field goals. And, to this point no one's been persistent enough in testing the center of our D-Line. Thanks to our turnovers others have abandoned game plans thus far but the times coming when others aren't so generous.

Time will tell if Cowherd is right in comparing Dallas to Mike Tyson being an absolute bully against push-overs but having issues with polished opponents. Boy, I hope he's wrong on multiple fronts.
Cowherd lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You know what I noticed. Fans of both the Giants and Jets as well as all the talking heads were basically in unison talking only about how bad their teams were. Dallas is getting hyped but all the usual detractors are telling us they played two bad teams. I haven't heard anyone put forth the notion that maybe the Giants and Jets aren't really that bad, its just that Dallas is soo good that they made them look that way. Both teams won when they weren't playing Dallas.
Well, for the Giants, all they had to go by was the beatdown we put on them. And then it looked bad for a while against Arizona until New York showed it isn't as bad as what it had looked like up until then. The Jets were getting some pretty good hype, with reservations because of losing Rodgers. I think that defense will keep them in a lot of games, but obviously having Wilson at QB is going to make it difficult to win them. They have to win with defense.

Loso86

Reaction score
I would say pencil me in as one of those fans also. Did the G-men go 6 qtrs. without scoring before the flood gates opened against a team vying for Caleb Williams? And those poor Jets were clearly not prepared for life without Rodgers. Impressive wins - yes and they shouldn't be diminished but I'll feel a little better after a win against the competitive Patriots and a proper showing against our nemesis, the 9er's.

There's still plenty of work to do here. I know TD's weren't needed against the Jets but that doesn't mean you stop trying to get them and be content with field goals. And, to this point no one's been persistent enough in testing the center of our D-Line. Thanks to our turnovers others have abandoned game plans thus far but the times coming when others aren't so generous.

Time will tell if Cowherd is right in comparing Dallas to Mike Tyson being an absolute bully against push-overs but having issues with polished opponents. Boy, I hope he's wrong on multiple fronts.
Lmao so 40 to 0 then 30 to 10 is just not good at all. complete domination. There will be no pleasing you type of fans. I promise