Twitter: Practice Tweets - 10/9/13 *Miles returns to practice*

Staubacher

Reaction score
Even when not healthy, he still caught almost 900 yards last year. Guy's not a bum. And if Williams & Co. continue to improve, then Austin will be released in the offseason. I have my doubts about them moving him in a trade this year. This is a win now season, and you don't give away an asset this early in the season unless you know your team is going nowhere, or it's a player-for-player swap.

Well I didn't say he was a bum or we should give him away. He hasn't been able to play. We can't count on him. I don't want the healthy guys who are producing to sit out and stunt their progress.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I didn't say he was a bum or we should give him away. He hasn't been able to play. We can't count on him. I don't want the healthy guys who are producing to sit out and stunt their progress.

I doubt you'll be upset too much if he's healthy AND producing though, would you? Is he a progress stopper if he goes out against a tough defense like the Saints seem to be now and beasts on 'em?

Ijs, if the OL is doing well, then every WR will get their chance to produce.

LOBO7

Reaction score
Figured he would be feeling better this week.
I kind of like the new guys now.
If we are going to gun like that from now on we can still use him.
Need guys coming in and out. Feel it Miles, now go get your share.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I doubt you'll be upset too much if he's healthy AND producing though, would you? Is he a progress stopper if he goes out against a tough defense like the Saints seem to be now and beasts on 'em?

Ijs, if the OL is doing well, then every WR will get their chance to produce.

I just see an opportunity to rotate some WR in and out of the game, if they can do that maybe they can keep guys fresher and healthier

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just see an opportunity to rotate some WR in and out of the game, if they can do that maybe they can keep guys fresher and healthier

Some fans forget that having depth is is a good thing...and it's not like we're trotting out the healthiest bunch.

People forget that while Harris played, he's playing with a hip pointer. Dez is coming off a back thing. And I'm afraid Cole Beasley is going to collapse after his next big hit. lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some fans forget that having depth is is a good thing...and it's not like we're trotting out the healthiest bunch.

People forget that while Harris played, he's playing with a hip pointer. Dez is coming off a back thing. And I'm afraid Cole Beasley is going to collapse after his next big hit. lol

Seems to be the case. At positions we have little depth they get upset and where we do have some quality depth it some how is a bad thing. You are right we have some WR who are a bit banged up and you never know when someone is going to be forced to miss time with an injury. I'm very happy with see Miles getting back into the mix

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Williams will still get plenty of snaps. I think Austin returning will likely force Beasley/Harris to split snaps.

khiladi

Reaction score
Austin is better than Williams by far.. Part of the reason Williams was successful is because of the scheming on Sunday and a healthy Romo. It wasn't smply about switching players. Before Miles got injured, he had 15 catches in 3 games when Romo couldn't send the ball downfield.

You play Austin when heathy and you keep the offense open and have him kill the middle...

visionary

Reaction score
They always do, unfortunately. Haslett in recent games has pretty much sent the house at Romo...

This is the bottom line
We better be ready for repeated blitzes this game
Haslett always sends the house and gets to romo

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Trade him now while he's healthy and teams are looking for a WR. We have young talent and he won't be here next year anyway. He hasnt lived up to this contract since he signedit, let's let some players that are hungry. Get a.chance at the rock...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Austin is better than Williams by far.

Not sure I'd go that far. Better right now? Yes. By season opener 2014? I hope not.

That said, even if TWill doesn't reach Austins level of play, if he stays healthy where we can count on him that puts him ahead of Austin in my book.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not sure I'd go that far. Better right now? Yes. By season opener 2014? I hope not.

That said, even if TWill doesn't reach Austins level of play, if he stays healthy where we can count on him that puts him ahead of Austin in my book.

Clearly Austin has the experiance that Williams does not have however I think Williams upside is great

visionary

Reaction score
Trade him now while he's healthy and teams are looking for a WR. We have young talent and he won't be here next year anyway. He hasnt lived up to this contract since he signedit, let's let some players that are hungry. Get a.chance at the rock...

No
This is our year
The NFC east is there for the taking
I would even try to get a DT for a low rounder if rat is not coming back since that is our biggest issue right now