Twitter: Practice update: Scandrick expected to practice today

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scandrick has looked like a shell of his former self this season.

Knees and hamstrings and now concussion. I hope that he gets back to form, but he has been our worst CB in the games he's played in (of those CBs who get significant snaps).
He is not terrible but he is not what he was pre-injury. You could make a case that he should be the 3rd CB and only play in the Nickel. Brown has been terrific. Scandrick's biggest issue has been that he is slow to plant and drive when covering on come-back type routes.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

I'm surprised Church is going to be out an entire month or more. Guys have played with casts on broken arms many times before. Sure it makes tackling more difficult, but playing with a broken arm in a cast isn't unusual.

MrMom

Reaction score
I'm surprised Church is going to be out an entire month or more. Guys have played with casts on broken arms many times before. Sure it makes tackling more difficult, but playing with a broken arm in a cast isn't unusual.
I'd imagine he would've been back for Washington if it were a regular week, the short week kills that though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Green makes the decision. I assume Green was the one who told the staff his leg hurt so much he can't play. Some players play through pain, some don't. Apparently, Green is one who can't play through this pain. What this pain is only Green knows.
That is not really how it works. The medical staff are professionals that have been evaluating players for a long time. They generally know if a player is injured. They will check range of motion and have him do some movements to see how he reacts. They also have diagnostic tools in modern medicine (MRI, Ultra-Sound, etc..). If they have him do calf-raises with weight, he won't be able to fake not having pain. Another way they evaluate is in the weight-room. If he can't do his normal weights when lifted, then they know something is wrong.

Temo

Reaction score
The pass defense fell apart the last two drives in Pittsburgh without Scandrick out there. Two quick TDs, almost all of it through the air.

He may not be the same guy he was, but he's still a positive asset.

paladin

Reaction score
That is not really how it works. The medical staff are professionals that have been evaluating players for a long time. They generally know if a player is injured. They will check range of motion and have him do some movements to see how he reacts. They also have diagnostic tools in modern medicine (MRI, Ultra-Sound, etc..). If they have him do calf-raises with weight, he won't be able to fake not having pain. Another way they evaluate is in the weight-room. If he can't do his normal weights when lifted, then they know something is wrong.
Wow.
I knew some methodology had to be used to determine injury reports.
But I've never seen it spelled out!
I always figured it was "how much dirt needs to be rubbed on it"?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I highly doubt that. If Chaz Green wants to be rewarded with a nice contract in two years, he needs to get out there and grab the starting position. If he can beat out Free, the position is his along with a nice raise. Chaz Green flashed for two games and then nothing. Need to show that you can tough it out and play through pain and injury.

Chaz Green needs to get in shape. He wasn't in shape going into camp and was playing catchup heading into the season. Not being properly conditioned is a good way to end up injured and surprise, surprise he's hurt again.

He has physical talent and can do it but he needs to work.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Knees and hamstrings and now concussion. I hope that he gets back to form, but he has been our worst CB in the games he's played in (of those CBs who get significant snaps).

All I know is that coverage went into the toilet when he went out. The issue is when he is off the field. Not when he is on it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That's good. McFadden got beaten like a drum on that fake spike

I don't agree with this. He got a decent jam and was in decent trail position despite a slight stumble.

The issue IMO was that he had no help against a top 5 WR and Roethlisberger threw his WR open with an absolute dime.

The Natural

Reaction score

I dont know, he's looked how he's always looked to me. 2014 was an anomaly

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I don't agree with this. He got a decent jam and was in decent trail position despite a slight stumble.

The issue IMO was that he had no help against a top 5 WR and Roethlisberger threw his WR open with an absolute dime.
Scandrick makes that play, just my opinion