Prayer request

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I keep having these obnoxious abdominal pains. My doc has me on an antibiotic in case it's some kind of infection, but he also has set me up for some kind of a scan, I think he called it a CT scan. I'm hoping it's something treatable. Some years back, I had a hernia in that area that I had to get fixed. I would hope it's something like that, and not something more serious.
My scan is set for Thursday, December 21st. If you use prayer in your life, and you wish to include me, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Prayers up for you

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Tomorrow's the big scan day. I'm working today and taking tomorrow off for it. Thank you all for your kind and supportive words. Gonna just go in and do it. I don't think they'll tell me any results at the scanning facility. I think I have to talk to my doctor after he's been sent the results.
Thank you once again. We have good people here.

nobody

Reaction score
Tomorrow's the big scan day. I'm working today and taking tomorrow off for it. Thank you all for your kind and supportive words. Gonna just go in and do it. I don't think they'll tell me any results at the scanning facility. I think I have to talk to my doctor after he's been sent the results.
Thank you once again. We have good people here.
Relax, man. It's going to be okay. When I had phantom stomach pains, it turned out to be my gall bladder. You're going to be fine. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Relax, man. It's going to be okay. When I had phantom stomach pains, it turned out to be my gall bladder. You're going to be fine. :)
My gallbladder started hurting me, felt like bad gas pains. Felt okay the next day. Day 3 I had to go to the hospital, because as it turned out, it was gangrenous. I've got some ugly scars from that one.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My gallbladder started hurting me, felt like bad gas pains. Felt okay the next day. Day 3 I had to go to the hospital, because as it turned out, it was gangrenous. I've got some ugly scars from that one.
That’s some bad luck right there. GC usually only affects older people, especially those who neglect diabetes treatment.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s some bad luck right there. GC usually only affects older people, especially those who neglect diabetes treatment.
I was 37. Both my sisters, and one of my two brothers also had to have theirs removed, but they weren't gangrenous. Also one of my nieces. Guess it's a genetic thing.

nobody

Reaction score
Duuuude, that's crazy. I never heard of a gangrenous gallbladder. Yikes. Mine was full of stones.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Duuuude, that's crazy. I never heard of a gangrenous gallbladder. Yikes. Mine was full of stones.
My brother's was full of stones too. Don't know about the others. When they told me they had to do open surgery because it was gangrenous and kept falling apart, my first thought was, "Wow, that must've stunk like hell!"

nobody

Reaction score
My brother's was full of stones too. Don't know about the others. When they told me they had to do open surgery because it was gangrenous and kept falling apart, my first thought was, "Wow, that must've stunk like hell!"
I can imagine. That's shudder-worthy. I'm glad that it didn't kill you. But the nausea caused by a gallbladder problem? utter Hell.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Man, that's rough. I'm glad they found out what was wrong. Gangrene is dangerous. I have a friend who injured his leg in a car wreck. He was living in a third-world country in Africa at the time. The people rushed him to the hospital, but the quality of the treatment there was extremely limited. He then moved to Switzerland, but his leg just kept getting worse. Even though they have extremely high quality health care in Switzerland, the doctors were not able to save his leg. It was gangrenous and had to go. So they amputated it to save his life. He had to get fitted for a prosthetic leg and learn how to use it, but at least his life was saved.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can imagine. That's shudder-worthy. I'm glad that it didn't kill you. But the nausea caused by a gallbladder problem? utter Hell.
That first night I went for a long walk, trying to throw up, thinking I ate too much at our Christmas dinner.

But the doctor said I probably would been dead in another 6 hours if I hadn't gone to the ER.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Man, that's rough. I'm glad they found out what was wrong. Gangrene is dangerous. I have a friend who injured his leg in a car wreck. He was living in a third-world country in Africa at the time. The people rushed him to the hospital, but the quality of the treatment there was extremely limited. He then moved to Switzerland, but his leg just kept getting worse. Even though they have extremely high quality health care in Switzerland, the doctors were not able to save his leg. It was gangrenous and had to go. So they amputated it to save his life. He had to get fitted for a prosthetic leg and learn how to use it, but at least his life was saved.
Wow, that sucks. I was lucky enough to lose something superfluous. Losing a leg because of inadequate health care is harsh!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Once again, thank-you all for your supportive words. I just heard from my doctor about my CT scan. He said it showed no evidence of any cancer. Thank God! He did say they found a lump on my lungs, but I already knew about that one. It's been stable for some years now, but I should keep an eye on it. He does want me to come in and see him about the abdominal pain, but at least it's unlikely to be cancer.
This has been a wakeup call. I've realized how important it is to spend my valuable time on social media arguing with people about politics .... Ha ha ha ha, just kidding. I had you going. I want to use whatever time I have remaining on my family and close friends. I won't have them forever, and they won't have me forever, so appreciate your family and friends while you still can. There are also skills I wish to continue developing, including language skills, meaning my French, German, and Swiss German. I've also always wanted to learn ventriloquism. I'm skyping later on today with a woman in Morocco to practice my French.
With any luck, maybe I've got a decent amount of time left here on Planet Earth. Thanks for your support. I appreciate every one of you guys.