Game Day ****Pre-season Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread***

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Very typical cowboys preseason game. Players look completely uninspired, coaches apathetic, and our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers exhibit high-school level ability.

Reminds me very much of watching the old electric football game where half the players would simply go around in circles.....

Very typical fan overreactions as well.

mmohican29

Reaction score
... how can a team install a new offense that uses motion and shifts to disguise intent and and expect to execute flawlessly when those mechanics are ignored entirely during the pre-season?

Even if it's to run a dive play 3 consecutive times. The "skeleton" of the offense should be hinged at least in preparation for the season. I fear a Benny Hill situation when the bullets go live. That's my point.

75boyz

Reaction score
... how can a team install a new offense that uses motion and shifts to disguise intent and and expect to execute flawlessly when those mechanics are ignored entirely during the pre-season?

Even if it's to run a dive play 3 consecutive times. The "skeleton" of the offense should be hinged at least in preparation for the season. I fear a Benny Hill situation when the bullets go live. That's my point.

Nice post.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I can't speak for all who were disappointed in the game plan, but for me it comes down to this. I don't expect trick plays or even all out deep bombs, but a wheel route or something just as simple would of been nice to see. Put these young guys in true situational football, not base dink and doinks and expect them to break one. A little help from the play calling goes a long way in knowing what you got. No sweeps, no pitches, no attempt at a deep corner route(though White never seemed to have time to throw more than a slant) or anything designed to be more than quick hit minimum gain play. Other teams did take their shots this week and still didn't show their playbook secrets

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Let's get him over here can't be any worse then what I saw it last night. Plus they say that or Garrett said that Maher was a young guy had to build his confidence isn't he like 30 years old?

Maher is 29. I don't think Yamasaki is that old. I definitely think he's better than Maher. He's got a huge leg (which I think was a big reason why Maher was chosen over Bailey), and he seems quite consistent from what I've seen. I really hope that Jerry finds his number and calls him. I'm in no way confident in Maher going into the season without competition. And I think Yamasaki would be that. Plus, if he needs time to "develop", he's Japanese, so he qualifies for the International Practice Squad rule which allows us to carry him as an extra practice squad member with him being international. So, we could keep him around that way. But, I don't think that'll be necessary because I think, as stated, he's lots better than Maher.

CB61

Reaction score
Maher is 29. I don't think Yamasaki is that old. I definitely think he's better than Maher. He's got a huge leg (which I think was a big reason why Maher was chosen over Bailey), and he seems quite consistent from what I've seen. I really hope that Jerry finds his number and calls him. I'm in no way confident in Maher going into the season without competition. And I think Yamasaki would be that. Plus, if he needs time to "develop", he's Japanese, so he qualifies for the International Practice Squad rule which allows us to carry him as an extra practice squad member with him being international. So, we could keep him around that way. But, I don't think that'll be necessary because I think, as stated, he's lots better than Maher.
Hell jerra could buy him a plane ticket and let's try him out what's the cost of a plane ticket thousand dollars Jerry pees that much away every time he goes to the bathroom

CB61

Reaction score
Hell jerra could buy him a plane ticket and let's try him out what's the cost of a plane ticket thousand dollars Jerry pees that much away every time he goes to the bathroom
I just remembered that Jerry Jones has a private jet send that Jerry go get him before someone else does

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yup, pretty much. Heck, he can give him the treatment the Yankees gave Tanaka to get him to NY if he wanted. God knows we need the best kicker we can find with Garrett.