Reaction score
Overall:
backup center
backup RB
backup guard later
no Tavon Austin
no Cole Beasley
no-name TE’s

Offense moved the ball, controlled field position, put up 10 points.
Defense pitches a shutout with their own players being dinged.

That’s a pretty good half of football. If the receivers get healthy, we will see more multiple receiver sets and fewer TEs out there. Play the backups and scrubs in the second half...W or L means nothing now. Our starters were clearly better than theirs.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Lawson is pretty good. Even though everyone who resides in the draft zone tried to tell me differently.

Yup...Lawson was one of my pet cats...still can't believe he dropped in the draft. I had a 2nd round grade on him like Lawerence...;)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I prefer Aaron Rodgers. What's the point? It's not like Wentz was still on the board when Zeke was picked.

You act like Dallas traded up for Dak instead of Wentz. :rolleyes:

Let's talk in circles some more.

This has been gone over time and time again. You don't get to pretend you just didn't have a chance at the superior Wentz because you sat still at 4 when both the 1st and 2nd picks were getting moved and you watched the Eagles move up to steal him from you. You chose to do nothing. You chose to take a QB later instead. You get what you got. Mediocrity.

It was franchise altering.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Thought the first string offense looked better than the perception given by some.
I thought they were okay. Need to get the running game going better but Zeke didn't play. They were probably trying to get Dak on the same page as his WR's. Worried about Martin though.

Bluefin

Reaction score
2nd team OL looked so bad out there
Hopefully, we won't need any of them when the games start counting.

Contract wise, the starters are all locked up. The team could look to extend La'el Collins in the off-season if he continues to progress at RT this year.

Cameron Fleming and Chaz Green (if he makes it) are going to be free agents, so swing tackle will be a huge need and I'd like to have a legit developmental 4th OT.

Joe Looney is under contract through 2019, and he's a decent reserve C/G on game day, but looking for interior competition needs to be on the menu, too.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Let's talk in circles some more.

This has been gone over time and time again. You don't get to pretend you just didn't have a chance at the superior Wentz because you sat still at 4 when both the 1st and 2nd picks were getting moved and you watched the Eagles move up to steal him from you. You chose to do nothing. You chose to take a QB later instead. You get what you got. Mediocrity.

It was franchise altering.

The cowboys got a MVP level running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.