Pre-Snap motion through 4 weeks

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, our pre-historic offensive scheme is holding the team back

not a shock we all knew this I mean we've been watching we're we're waiting remember it had to happen after the bye week last year to start getting creative right now this is about the most basic offense I've ever seen outside of last year's first six games why is Mike McCarthy taking so long he would not answer the question he said he's aware but I don't think he's that aware somebody should've told him hey your office sucks and it's behind the times get with it

blueblood70

Reaction score
no he is right were he needs to be screwing up the beagles....
I don't know about that at least his is double I mean I would take Kelly Moore back right now over what we see here neither one of them ran the ball well but I can tell you this I'd rather have his play calling over Mike McCarthy's the last two years now the first quarter of the year just seems to be the most basic vanilla stale non creative offense I've ever seen..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't know about that at least his is double I mean I would take Kelly Moore back right now over what we see here neither one of them ran the ball well but I can tell you this I'd rather have his play calling over Mike McCarthy's the last two years now the first quarter of the year just seems to be the most basic vanilla stale non creative offense I've ever seen..
ooh i agree with your assesment of MM's scheme so far but bringing KM back is not the answer..without KM the Beagles would start winning games...

blueblood70

Reaction score
ooh i agree with your assesment of MM's scheme so far but bringing KM back is not the answer..without KM the Beagles would start winning games...
You know that's just a saying right I didn't say bring him back but I'm saying I would take him over Mike McCarthy right now if that decision needed to be made again...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look, Jerry. Nobody here is going to complain if you just walk down there and fire this imbecile now.

CWR

Reaction score
I bet you weren't saying the same last year when the Chargers were sucking and our offense was humming along. So why say it now, only four games in?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I bet you weren't saying the same last year when the Chargers were sucking and our offense was humming along. So why say it now, only four games in?
to be honest last year the offense started off like this..now it got better as the year went on but kinda makes you wonder what is the lag in year 2?

Reactions: CWR

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Top 5 scoring offenses
  • New Orleans (9th in motion rates)
  • Buffalo (23rd in motion rate)
  • Washington (27th in motion rate)
  • Vikings (12th in motion rate)
  • Ravens (20th in motion rate)
Top 5 offenses by YPG
  • Ravens (20th in motion rate
  • 49ers (6th in motion rate)
  • Packers (2nd in motion rate)
  • Lions (7th in motion rate)
  • Seahawks (13th in motion rate)

Honestly what's the big deal? It sounds like pre snap motion is a great way to run an offense. It also sounds like lower amounts of pre snap motion can be just as effective. You have really good offenses on both sides of the data. Top 5 teams in offensive EPA per play right now are Washington, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Baltimore, and New Orleans....Just one of those teams are top 10 in snap motion.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Top 5 scoring offenses
  • New Orleans (9th in motion rates)
  • Buffalo (23rd in motion rate)
  • Washington (27th in motion rate)
  • Vikings (12th in motion rate)
  • Ravens (20th in motion rate)
Top 5 offenses by YPG
  • Ravens (20th in motion rate
  • 49ers (6th in motion rate)
  • Packers (2nd in motion rate)
  • Lions (7th in motion rate)
  • Seahawks (13th in motion rate)

Honestly what's the big deal? It sounds like pre snap motion is a great way to run an offense. It also sounds like lower amounts of pre snap motion can be just as effective. You have really good offenses on both sides of the data. Top 5 teams in offensive EPA per play right now are Washington, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Baltimore, and New Orleans....Just one of those teams are top 10 in snap motion.
it comes down to fitting your scheme to help the players you have for me...I dont think our coaching staff does that very well on either side of the ball right now..I feel like our staff is fitting the players to thier scheme and its like watching an elephant try and put on skinny jeans....

CWR

Reaction score
to be honest last year the offense started off like this..now it got better as the year went on but kinda makes you wonder what is the lag in year 2?
I think a lot of it is a new line, needing time to gel and rookies needing experience. It suspect that's also affecting the route tree and play calls. MM is gonna have to open it up regardless.