Pre-Snap motion through 4 weeks

shabazz

Reaction score
The cadence might as well be.."Yeah we are gonna run a Curl, yeah we are gonna run a curl!!!"
He would probably draw half of our offensive line offsides.....they're not used to having it used as an offensive weapon, lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
it comes down to fitting your scheme to help the players you have for me...I dont think our coaching staff does that very well on either side of the ball right now..I feel like our staff is fitting the players to thier scheme and its like watching an elephant try and put on skinny jeans....
And there could be some truth to that, I'm just not seeing a correlation between increased motion and offensive success, especially in 2024.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yikes our offense went down hill almost faster than Zeke's running ability. It's crazy this is why I hate old coaches. They get set in their ways and don't like new tricks. McCarthy has to get with the times. Or is he doing this on purpose? It would be interesting to see how much motion we used last season compared to this season.

Found:

We were in the bottom 10 in presnap motion last season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Based on your response, it appears there can only be one issue to address on each side of the ball. :rolleyes:
If we had Jordan Mason without knowing anything about him this year you'd be crying how he sucks too. But oh look in San fran the nobody is balling. I wonder why.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yikes our offense went down hill almost faster than Zeke's running ability. It's crazy this is why I hate old coaches. They get set in their ways and don't like new tricks. McCarthy has to get with the times. Or is he doing this on purpose? It would be interesting to see how much motion we used last season compared to this season.

Found:

We were in the bottom 10 in presnap motion last season.

Looking at this the dolphins motion usage is bananas. That's basically every play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most of the motion the Cowboys run isn’t really the type that gives you an advantage either.

It’s most a receiver taking 3 steps to the right and then returning to their spot before the snap.

So whack.
I was gonna say if they were higher I was gonna say it’s because it’s not really motion to free guys up.

tm1119

Reaction score
Top 5 scoring offenses
  • New Orleans (9th in motion rates)
  • Buffalo (23rd in motion rate)
  • Washington (27th in motion rate)
  • Vikings (12th in motion rate)
  • Ravens (20th in motion rate)
Top 5 offenses by YPG
  • Ravens (20th in motion rate
  • 49ers (6th in motion rate)
  • Packers (2nd in motion rate)
  • Lions (7th in motion rate)
  • Seahawks (13th in motion rate)

Honestly what's the big deal? It sounds like pre snap motion is a great way to run an offense. It also sounds like lower amounts of pre snap motion can be just as effective. You have really good offenses on both sides of the data. Top 5 teams in offensive EPA per play right now are Washington, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Baltimore, and New Orleans....Just one of those teams are top 10 in snap motion.
You’re only looking at the 1st column which is motion AT the snap. The total in the 2nd column tells the whole story. For instance Buffalo runs some type of motion on 66% and Baltimore is 61% of the plays where the Cowboys are 47%.
Maybe Washington is the outlier…also we’ll see on them, it’s still early. I would also say that having an extremely mobile QB can negate the need for some of the confusion pre-snap

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yet somehow Jayden Daniels is 47 of 53 the past two weeks and Washington is averaging 30 points a game so far (40 ppg the past 2 weeks)

How on earth are they doing that without tons of pre snap motion? I'm befuddled....