Predict Cowboys record

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
11-6
I think this defense is gonna win a bunch of games for us.

The Cowboys haven’t had a defense that could win games for them since the 90s and those teams had a great offense. Despite 4 INT’s last night the Cowboys squeezed out a one point win. Our backup offense wasn’t very good all preseason and our starting offense may suffer a big drop off from what we’ve seen in previous seasons. You have to be able to score points to win games and we can’t rely on takeaways all season to save us. The defense may be a little better than what we saw last season but if we leave the D on the field too long it will fold. We can’t rely on the defense to hold opponents down.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
8 wins because the defense pulls us out. Lose at least 1-2 to the kicker. Lose 1-2 from coaching, either too many penalties, bad time clock decisions or Kellen baffles us again. Lose 1-2 from defenses shutting our receivers down. Lose the rest because the offensive line is too inconsistent and everything else that comes from it or compounds the problem - Zeke is out of gas, and Dak doesn’t have enough targets that can get free.

If it’s a Playoff season it’s because that D is damn good, everyone else on ST can overcome our kicker, the offensive line works out with rookie at LT, and the running game comes back.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
My only prediction is that this offense will continually squander the great field position that the defense will get them. The defense will be gassed at the end of games for being on the field too much because of the 3 and outs the offense will provide.

The Cowboys and Commanders are tied for the easiest “strength of schedules” this upcoming season that will only serve to fool some here. The wins will be less than meaningful and surprisingly some here will be shocked if this team gets bounced out if they make the playoffs.

Unfortunately, this could get ugly

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
8 - 9, most wins are divisional.

I think this is gonna be a tough season with a pretty unbalanced team.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
I’ll roll with 10-7 and crossed fingers...for me I’m jacked about potential of this defense for the first time in a longtime ...how far this team goes will be on the D....
Jmo

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
7-10

if this line is as bad as it is shaping up to be and the receiver corps is what it currently is all season, Dak will be running for his life, we won’t be able to run the ball and the defense will be gassed going into the 4th quarter of every game.

We will win games because the team is talented in many areas but will lose more because the team is weak in areas where you just can’t be weak.

What’s most concerning about things is the fact that little has been done to tighten up the weak areas with all the cap space we have. Why are we afraid to spend money on a decent tackle and receiver? I just don’t get it.

BUT…

If Tyler Smith is ready for prime time at LT right now, we will be 12-5 again lol.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
8 - 9 just too many issues with penalties and questions with the oline and WRs

Toro9

Reaction score
You haven’t seen the OL play :lmao::lmao2:
Don't forget that Zack Martin is still awesome. While it's true than he's technically only 20% of the line he's going to make the center and right side a lot better. If Tyler Smith is even decent, and Dak knows when to bail, it might be okay. Wishful thinking maybe.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
8-8-1....fall short of the playoffs...McCarthy is fired...Hello Sean Peyton

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Hmm I'm getting a 12-win vibe right now. This team always seems to perform better than expected, especially when the so-called experts don't expect much from them.

CWR

Reaction score
Sticking with my original 11-6. Philbin actually did better with less talent in 2020; maybe he patches it together. I was hoping for a new oline coach, but considering the turnover and his job with a reserves, he may be okay this year.

Defense will be fun to watch, and I believe we are planning on pounding the rock. This is KMs last stand; he will need to prove he can coordinate a run game and beat a cover 2.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With our o-line issues, Dak's lack of mobility (post injury) and not seeing a solid WR core coming together any time soon we will go 9-8 and we won't win the East.

We will be fun to watch for most which all JJ cares about, Thanks Jerry! I had high hopes for this year a few months ago.