Predict the first 5 games of reg season

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
LOL.....so certain playoff teams dont count eh? Typical troll behavior. 3-5 and the Bucs were a tossup.

So the notion that the Cowboys cant beat good teams or dont is a lie.
That's not very nice. Aero is an Eagles fan & earned his time on the Dallas boards. Fans from other teams are not considered trolls. Unlike some of our posters!
:hammer::dance:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can count all playoff teams, but that does not make all playoff teams good teams, which was his argument. Mediocre teams make the playoffs all the time, ESPECIALLY now as the 7th seed.

The cowboys whooped teams that failed to win even 10 games in a 17 game season, that we can all agree on.

Nope, the original argument was " The Cowboys dont beat good teams". When they have beaten one good one, that becomes a lie.

Once that lie is exposed, then the trolls start moving the goal posts until we finally get to something that is accurate. Which is always a long way from the original lie.

You can spin and make up whatever nonsense you want. The lie has been debunked.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's not very nice. Aero is an Eagles fan & earned his time on the Dallas boards. Fans from other teams are not considered trolls. Unlike some of our posters!
:hammer::dance:

So I guess he is arguing that his own team is not a good team? Sounds like an Eagles troll to me.

Redline360

Reaction score
2-3

Although it wouldn't suprise me we come out and beat the Bucs. Then we can see the 100 Dak is god posts

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nope, the original argument was " The Cowboys dont beat good teams". When they have beaten one good one, that becomes a lie.

Once that lie is exposed, then the trolls start moving the goal posts until we finally get to something that is accurate. Which is always a long way from the original lie.

You can spin and make up whatever nonsense you want. The lie has been debunked.

Im not the one spinning. You changed “good team” to anyone who qualified for the 7 seed playoff format, which is of course not true. He did not do that, I did not do that; you did that. That’s moving goal posts. I simply pointed your goal-post-moving out. Philly was not a good team last year, neither was Pittsburgh. Every other year in NFL history before 2020 they would have failed to make the playoffs… that is until it was expanded to allow more middling teams in.

Now what goal post did I move?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Im not the one spinning. You changed “good team” to anyone who qualified for the 7 seed playoff format, which is of course not true. He did not do that, I did not do that; you did that. That’s moving goal posts. I pointed your goal-post-moving out. Philly was not a good team last year, neither was Pittsburgh. Every other year in NFL history they would have failed to make the playoffs… that is until it was expanded to allow more middling teams in.

What goal post did I move?

Lying wont help your cause. I spun nothing, I simply stated the facts that were misrepresented. You want to argue about if a playoff team should be considered a good team? I think its a dumb argument. You can go argue you that one with someone else.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lying wont help your cause. I spun nothing, I simply stated the facts that were misrepresented. You want to argue about if a playoff team should be considered a good team? I think its a dumb argument. You can go argue you that one with someone else.

Lying? The entire conversation is recorded in this thread. Quote the part that I said something different than what I said before.

It only a dumb argument to you because it means you’re not correct. If they expand the playoff to 16 teams to make maximum money, does that now mean every team is a good team? Of course not, because making an expanded playoff spot is a silly justification for a team’s quality.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lying? The entire conversation is recorded in this thread. Quote the part that I said something different than what I said before.

It only a dumb argument to you because it means you’re not correct. If they expand the playoff to 16 teams to make maximum money, does that now mean every team is a good team? Of course not, because making an expanded playoff spot is a silly justification for a team’s quality.

Did the Cowboys beat or play well against any good teams last year? Yes or no?

The more accurate statement would be...."The Cowboys rarely beat any great teams"

Which would be completely accurate. Its the TEAMS biggest problem.

And no I wont get into some dumb argument over what the word "good" means.

You make the playoffs you are one of the top 9 teams in the NFC. That qualifies as good. Dont insult yourself by trying to argue otherwise.

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys beat or play well against any good teams last year? Yes or no?

Again, his argument wasn’t how you play against good teams, it’s what the final score is. You’re creating new goal posts. Do you recognize you’re doing this?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again, his argument wasn’t how you play against good teams, it’s what the final score is. You’re creating new goal posts. Do you recognize you’re doing this?

I was arguing with another poster genius and you jumped in. This was the point I was contesting:

I also think it will be 2-3. The pattern here is we look like world beaters against bad teams and fall apart against teams that know what they're doing.

Until they prove otherwise, I'll go by that.

They do not deserve the benefit of the doubt

So the reality is I changed no goal posts, you jumped into OUR conversation and changed it yourself.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I was arguing with another poster genius and you jumped in. This was the point I was contesting:

I also think it will be 2-3. The pattern here is we look like world beaters against bad teams and fall apart against teams that know what they're doing.

Until they prove otherwise, I'll go by that.

They do not deserve the benefit of the doubt

So the reality is I changed no goal posts, you jumped into OUR conversation and changed it yourself.

Yah, Dallas will win one of those 3 games. Especially being at home. I will go with 3-2.

Oh, I’m the one changing it? You know we can just go back and verify what you’re altering right?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh, I’m the one changing it? You know we can just go back and verify what you’re altering right?

LOL................now you are changing the subject to my 3-2 claim? Your just a typical troll buddy that losses a conversation and then keeps moving the goal posts.

Here is the next guy I was arguing with before you jumped in and changed it:

Bullflop said:
It bugs me to admit we'll likely follow the pattern, especially early-on in the season to end up with 2-3 after our 1st give games. I'm expecting it might well take a while to outgrow our habit of losing to the winning teams and beating the tar out of the bad ones. Let's hope we get lucky.

Duh is Philly a winning team there genius? LOL

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
LOL................now you are changing the subject to my 3-2 claim? Your just a typical troll buddy that losses a conversation and then keeps moving the goal posts.

Here is the next guy I was arguing with before you jumped in and changed it:

Bullflop said:
It bugs me to admit we'll likely follow the pattern, especially early-on in the season to end up with 2-3 after our 1st give games. I'm expecting it might well take a while to outgrow our habit of losing to the winning teams and beating the tar out of the bad ones. Let's hope we get lucky.

Duh is Philly a winning team there genius? LOL

I have moved no goal posts. The argument is you said 3-2, he said you don’t beat good teams.

Then You cited their performance against 7th seed playoff teams, that is not the same as good teams and you don’t know.

Then you justified performance against good teams, even in losing efforts, when he only mentioned beating good teams. That is not his point and you knew that.

And now you said they WILL beat one of the good teams to go 3-2, only to later change your argument is they’d go 2-3. If you don’t even agree they’d beat any of the good teams, why did you continue to defend their losing ways against good teams? Out of pedantry?

You seem to be making all these claims that I’m changing something when I’m the only one actually coming through with the evidence.

All your name-calling to divert from that doesn’t hide what’s said in this thread. What posts did I specifically change in which you’re accusing?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have moved no goal posts. The argument is you said 3-2, he said you don’t beat good teams.

Then You cited their performance against 7th seed playoff teams, that is not the same as good teams and you don’t know.

Then you justified performance against good teams, even in losing efforts, when he only mentioned beating good teams. That is not his point and you knew that.

And now you said they WILL beat one of the good teams to go 3-2, only to later change your argument is they’d go 2-3. If you don’t even agree they’d beat any of the good teams, why did you continue to defend their play against good teams? Out of pedantry?

You seem to be making all these claims that I’m changing something when I’m the only one actually coming through with the evidence.

All your name-calling to divert from that is great and everything, but what part of any of my posts did I specifically change in which you’re accusing?

All your doing is jumping into multiple conversations I am having with other people and misunderstanding the arguments. I have wasted enough time trying to make you understand.

The argument you jumped into was a couple guys saying the Cowboys dont beat

Good Teams
Winning Teams
Playoff teams

Well they beat all 3 of those last year multiple times each category so they have all be debunked as troll lies.

The first guy mentioned that "we dont play well against teams that know what they are doing". So I mentioned the bucs.

If you are going to do research at least do it right. I also never changed my prediction of 3-2...........yet ANOTHER lie by a desperate troll.

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
All your doing is jumping into multiple conversations I am having with other people and misunderstanding the arguments. I have wasted enough time trying to make you understand.

The argument you jumped into was a couple guys saying the Cowboys dont beat

Good Teams
Winning Teams
Playoff teams

Well they beat all 3 of those last year multiple times each category so they have all be debunked as troll lies.

“Troll lies”.

I jumped in when you quoted bullop by stating “First off, we dont lose to all the good teams. That is a troll myth.”

Except Bullflop never even said that. Nobody did. You took his comment and added a hyperbolic interpretation of it. That is the epitome of pedantry, and it is a dishonest summary of what he said initially. By him saying you have a habit of losing to winning teams is by no means false. It is only proven untrue once you reworded it with absolutism.

I’m not lying, this happened. You were there

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
“Troll lies”.

I jumped in when you quoted bullop by stating “First off, we dont lose to all the good teams. That is a troll myth.”

Except Bullflop never even said that. Nobody did. You took his comment and added a hyperbolic interpretation of it. That is the epitome of pedantry, and it is a dishonest summary of what he said initially. By him saying you have a habit of losing to winning teams is by no means false. It is only proven untrue once you reworded it with absolutism.

I’m not lying, this happened. You were there

Is that statement true or false? LOL

That is the one you keep arguing with me about and got smoked!!!

How about showing me where I changed my prediction from 3-2? Be my guest liar!!

More lies from a desperate troll.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Is that statement true or false? LOL

That is the one you keep arguing with me about and got smoked!!!

How about showing me where I changed my prediction from 3-2? Be my guest liar!!

More lies from a desperate troll.

your statement was absolutely false, as no one said that. You quoted a poster who said something very different and interjected your “interpretation” of his meaning.