Predict the first 5 games of reg season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
your statement was absolutely false, as no one said that. You quoted a poster who said something very different and interjected your “interpretation” of his meaning.

LOL....so the Cowboys didnt beat any winning teams last year eh? :muttley:

Sure buddy, whatever you say.

And the Eagles suck too right? Arent you an Eagles fan? :lmao:

Here is the statement word for word:

Bullflop said:
It bugs me to admit we'll likely follow the pattern, especially early-on in the season to end up with 2-3 after our 1st give games. I'm expecting it might well take a while to outgrow our habit of losing to the winning teams and beating the tar out of the bad ones. Let's hope we get lucky.

Just face it, you got completely smoked and have been exposed as a total and complete liar. :thumbup:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
LOL....so the Cowboys didnt beat any winning teams last year eh? :muttley:

Sure buddy, whatever you say.

And the Eagles suck too right? Arent you an Eagles fan? :lmao:

Here is the statement word for word:

Bullflop said:
It bugs me to admit we'll likely follow the pattern, especially early-on in the season to end up with 2-3 after our 1st give games. I'm expecting it might well take a while to outgrow our habit of losing to the winning teams and beating the tar out of the bad ones. Let's hope we get lucky.

Just face it, you got completely smoked and have been exposed as a total and complete liar. :thumbup:

I quoted the same thing in my previous post. Having a habit of losing to winning teams is not the same as never beating winning teams. Absolutism. Now THAT is moving goal posts. No one said they didn’t beat any winning teams last year. Yet you continue to insert it into now multiple posters’ statement summaries. The fact that no one said it, yet you claim it’s this myth that’s being corroborated is what was incorrect in your post.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I quoted the same thing in my previous post. Having a habit of losing to winning teams is not the same as never beating winning teams. Absolutism. Now THAT is moving goal posts. No one said they didn’t beat any winning teams last year. Yet you continue to insert it into now multiple posters’ statement summaries. The fact that no one said it, yet you claim it’s this myth that’s being corroborated is what was incorrect in your post.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Even when presented with the EXACT quote you still are trying to move the goal posts!!!

duh............bububububububububububububut a habababababit :lmao2:

Bullflop said:

Duh............good dadadadadadoenst mean papapapaplayoffffffs!

And when are you going to show me where I changed my prediction from 3-2? Is this you admitting you lied about that?

"after all, its right here in the thread we can all look it up"!! Right? So where is it?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Even when presented with the EXACT quote you still are trying to move the goal posts!!!

duh............bububububububububububububut a habababababit :lmao2:

Bullflop said:

Duh............good dadadadadadoenst mean papapapaplayoffffffs!

Yes. A habit of doing something is wildly different than an absolute statement that it will always happen.

First off, we dont lose to all the good teams. That is a troll myth.

You’re right, Dallas doesn’t lose to all the good teams. Problem is, no one ever said they do. You are the one attempting to start that myth; that’s your wording, your context.

And you call it a troll myth, one you started.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1-4 And it won't be pretty..........:(

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes. A habit of doing something is wildly different than an absolute statement that it will always happen.

You’re right, Dallas doesn’t lose to all the good teams. Problem is, no one ever said they do. You are the one attempting to start that myth; that’s your wording, your context.

So now you are trying to tell me what Bullflop and the other posters meant in my conversation with them? LOL

I am sure they can defend themselves if they choose to.

So is a habit something you do all the time or once in a while? :huh:

You got roasted buddy and got caught in a lie.

Just remember to get your lies straight before you come at me again or its going to be the same beat down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You have a HABIT of acting like a troll and making up lies.

There, did I use it correctly? :muttley:

Oh by the way, thanks for admitting I am right:

You’re right, Dallas doesn’t lose to all the good teams. :thumbup:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So now you are trying to tell me what Bullflop and the other posters meant in my conversation with them? LOL

So is a habit something you do all the time or once in a while? :huh:

You got roasted buddy and got caught in a lie.

Just remember to get your lies straight before you come at me again or its going to be the same beat down.

Habit: a settled or regular tendency or practice

A tendency, that’s a good synonym. Do you feel that if you have a tendency to do something that it means you’re required to do it always and forever? That is an example of Absolutism. Something his statement did not prescribe to.

The other problem with your rewording of his statement is he posed an opinion based on an objective fact. Good teams is subjective opinion. Winning teams is a statement based on provable fact. I made the argument Philadelphia wasn’t a good team. He could very well make the argument New England wasn’t particularly good either. They did not have strong QB play, like Philly and Pittsburgh who also made the playoffs. Jones was decent, and maybe he’ll ascend as his career goes on, but he wasn’t mentionable amongst the good QBs in 2021. We could argue how they played and lost against the real good teams, like Buffalo, like Dallas. Or how they played against bad teams, and still lost, like their opening game loss to the Jets. Or how they got absolutely obliterated once they stepped into the playoffs. And you could defy this, state you quite liked their team last year. You’re completely in bounds to do this, as that’s your opinion.

However, you didn’t just rephrase his statement, you manipulated it. You twisted it from an objective standpoint of winning teams to your subjective viewpoint of what makes a “good” team. “We don’t lose to all good teams.” Hyperbolic, subjective to your specific opinion, and not at all his statement.

I don’t need to know what his true intentions of his statement were to know that what you said is very much not what he said.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Habit: a settled or regular tendency or practice

A tendency, that’s a good synonym. Do you feel that if you have a tendency to do something that it means you’re required to do it always and forever? That is an example of Absolutism. Something his statement did not prescribe to.

The other problem with your rewording of his statement is he posed an opinion based on an objective fact. Good teams is subjective opinion. Winning teams is a statement based on provable fact. I made the argument Philadelphia wasn’t a good team. He could very well make the argument New England wasn’t particularly good either. They did not have strong QB play, like Philly and Pittsburgh who also made the playoffs. Jones was decent, and maybe he’ll ascend as his career goes on, but he wasn’t mentionable amongst the good QBs in 2021. We could argue how they played and lost against the real good teams, like Buffalo, like Dallas. Or how they played against bad teams, and still lost, like their opening game loss to the Jets. Or how they got absolutely obliterated once they stepped into the playoffs. And you could defy this, state you quite liked their team last year. You’re completely in bounds to do this, as that’s your opinion.

However, you didn’t just rephrase his statement, you manipulated it. You twisted it from an objective standpoint of winning teams to your subjective viewpoint of what makes a “good” team. “We don’t lose to all good teams.” Hyperbolic, subjective to your specific opinion, and not at all his statement.

I don’t need to know what his true intentions of his statement were to know that what you said is very much not what he said.

What is a mean of lying?

1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive She was lying when she said she didn't break the vase. He lied about his past experience. 2 : to create a false or misleading impression Statistics sometimes lie. The mirror never lies. transitive verb.

You changed your 3-2 prediction to 2-3 = LYING

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What is a mean of lying?

1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive She was lying when she said she didn't break the vase. He lied about his past experience. 2 : to create a false or misleading impression Statistics sometimes lie. The mirror never lies. transitive verb.

You changed your 3-2 prediction to 2-3 = LYING

Then why lie about it?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then why lie about it?

And here is Bullflops direct response to me challenging him over the Cowboys never beating good teams. LOL

Nothing about me getting it wrong on what he meant. LOL

He actually all but admits I am right about the myth.

First of all, much depends upon how many lousy teams you're likely to be fortunate to play. Now, that's no myth at all.

Secondly, we're fortunate enough to play in an amazingly crappy division. Thus, that has much to do with how we manage to easily win far more than we tend to lose.

The best teams like the Rams, Tampa Bay and the Chiefs are also fortunate enough to play in divisions with lesser teams. It gets them in the playoffs in a regular manner. The biggest difference with them and us is that the win once in the playoffs and become regarded as "elite," while we're always one and done and seen as average.

GAME, SET. MATCH!!!

As well as you being exposed as a complete LIAR!!

Enjoy the rest of your day. :thumbup:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
And here is Bullflops direct response to me challenging him over the Cowboys never beating good teams. LOL

Nothing about me getting it wrong on what he meant. LOL

He actually all but admits I am right about the myth.

First of all, much depends upon how many lousy teams you're likely to be fortunate to play. Now, that's no myth at all.

Secondly, we're fortunate enough to play in an amazingly crappy division. Thus, that has much to do with how we manage to easily win far more than we tend to lose.

The best teams like the Rams, Tampa Bay and the Chiefs are also fortunate enough to play in divisions with lesser teams. It gets them in the playoffs in a regular manner. The biggest difference with them and us is that the win once in the playoffs and become regarded as "elite," while we're always one and done and seen as average.

GAME, SET. MATCH!!!

As well as you being exposed as a complete LIAR!!

Enjoy the rest of your day. :thumbup:

Don’t make plans yet, you’re far from done.

Hes right by what he said. There’s no myth behind his point because his point is not what you claimed it was. What you said absolutely is a myth, as he will attest if you quote him (which you’ve seemingly been avoiding). It’s a myth because it’s factually incorrect and entirely fabricated by you.

or did you not notice people began liking the comments I made initially disputing your “take” on his point?

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1 Sept. 11 vs. Buccaneers (SNF) 7:20 p.m. CT NBC JERRY DOME W

2 Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals 3:25 p.m. CBS JERRY DOME L

3 Sept. 26 at New York Giants (MNF) 6:15 p.m. ABC / ROAD W

4 Oct. 2 vs. Washington Potatos 12 p.m. Fox JERRY DOME W

5 Oct. 9 at Los Angeles Rams 3:25 p.m. Fox ROAD[/QUOTE] L

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
1 Sept. 11 vs. Buccaneers (SNF) 7:20 p.m. CT NBC JERRY DOME W

2 Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals 3:25 p.m. CBS JERRY DOME L

3 Sept. 26 at New York Giants (MNF) 6:15 p.m. ABC / ROAD W

4 Oct. 2 vs. Washington Potatos 12 p.m. Fox JERRY DOME W

5 Oct. 9 at Los Angeles Rams 3:25 p.m. Fox ROAD

What do you think the score of the Bucs game will be?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
“Troll lies”.

I jumped in when you quoted bullop by stating “First off, we dont lose to all the good teams. That is a troll myth.”

Except Bullflop never even said that. Nobody did. You took his comment and added a hyperbolic interpretation of it. That is the epitome of pedantry, and it is a dishonest summary of what he said initially. By him saying you have a habit of losing to winning teams is by no means false. It is only proven untrue once you reworded it with absolutism.

I’m not lying, this happened. You were there
According to roy we are all trolls , liars, and stupid lol. I think he maybe a little psychotic??

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ok I know it is early but thought I would do this anyway.
I went 5 games deep to include the rams game.
Rams buccs and bengals were the top teams last year in playoffs, so can dallas beat any of those 3?
Then we have the potatos lol my new name for them, and the nyg's who will put up a fight since it is mnf.
Wash I think wentz isnt enough to beat the cowboys.

I think dallas goes 2-3 in this stretch, I dont see them beating any of those top 3, but all 3 are in jerry world
so maybe the can.
what say you guys?

1 Sept. 11 vs. Buccaneers (SNF) 7:20 p.m. CT NBC JERRY DOME

2 Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals 3:25 p.m. CBS JERRY DOME

3 Sept. 26 at New York Giants (MNF) 6:15 p.m. ABC / ROAD

4 Oct. 2 vs. Washington Potatos 12 p.m. Fox JERRY DOME

5 Oct. 9 at Los Angeles Rams 3:25 p.m. Fox ROAD

1. Win !!!!!
2. L
3. Win !!
4. Win !
5. L