Predict the score for Sunday Night

erod

Reaction score
NFL is a week to week league, which means CURRENTLY only applies at the time of the play not NOW. You cannot downplay a win or loss based on what that team is doing today. You mean to say the loss to Arizona would be okay if they went on a winning streak and had a winning record right now? Broncos were a bad team then they were 6-5 so all those teams that beat the Broncos can claim they beat a team with a winning record? They were who they were when they played them, end of story.
No, you have that exactly wrong.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
83-3.

LeSean McCoy might leave the country if that happened.

Reaction score
NFL is a week to week league, which means CURRENTLY only applies at the time of the play not NOW. You cannot downplay a win or loss based on what that team is doing today. You mean to say the loss to Arizona would be okay if they went on a winning streak and had a winning record right now? Broncos were a bad team then they were 6-5 so all those teams that beat the Broncos can claim they beat a team with a winning record? They were who they were when they played them, end of story.
So you are saying you beat 2 teams with winning records? The Seahawks have 5 games left and will likely be underdogs in 3 of them if that holds they will end up with a losing record.for the season. So when you think back on the season you can take pride in beating the 8-9 seahawks and the undefeated (at the time) Jets.

Reaction score
The Jets were 1-0 when we beat them. Does that count? Of course not.

It's what teams' records are at the moment, and ultimately at the end of the season, that matters.
It is funny how I keep bringing up the (at the time) undefeated Jets and that part keeps getting ignored.

Rajveer

Reaction score
So you are saying you beat 2 teams with winning records? The Seahawks have 5 games left and will likely be underdogs in 3 of them if that holds they will end up with a losing record.for the season. So when you think back on the season you can take pride in beating the 8-9 seahawks and the undefeated (at the time) Jets.
I take pride in beating any team. A win is a win and they are hard to come by in the NFL.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, I should offer my reasoning since I'm picking that way

1. I think the O has been playing perfect for awhile. It's bound to have a hiccup here soon

2. The Defense has been playing like garbage which to O has been covering up amazingly.

3. EVERYONE is taking us to win. That never usually nodes well for that team.

Just my gut feelings. Hope I'm dead wrong.
very good points lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Cowboys have still not beat a team that currently has a winning record. Untill they do they are just presenters. For those who are going to say they already have let me explain CURRENTLY means NOW. The jets who were 1-0 are now below .500 and the Seahawks who were 6-5 are now .500.
yeah we made the Seahawks a 500 team...we knew the goalpost moving companies would be all over it...you guys are busy this time of year hope they let you of for Christmas...

Reaction score
yeah we made the Seahawks a 500 team...we knew the goalpost moving companies would be all over it...you guys are busy this time of year hope they let you of for Christmas...
I didn't move them. The Cowboys had already beat a team who at the time had a winning record. The then undefeated Jets. So beating the Seahawks didn't accomplish anything new. My comment was a winning record NOW.

erod

Reaction score
It is funny how I keep bringing up the (at the time) undefeated Jets and that part keeps getting ignored.
We don't ultimately know what the record against winning and losing teams is until the end of the season. In the meantime, you can only got by the snapshot of each week by going with the current records that week.

Sure, there are mitigating circumstances depending on injuries and whatnot. It'll never be an ideal way to judge a season.

The only real litmus test is what this team does in the divisional round and beyond because that's been a massive zero for 28 years.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Same goal post in the same place. Beating a winning team. The Jets were when the Cowboys beat them but no one counted them as a winning team because they are not and neither are the Seahawks.
If Seattle beats the Niners it becomes a good win, but if they lose to the Eagles the next week it reverts to a bad win.

Simple.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect them to come after our quarterback
First half 7-7
Second half we'll begin to wear them out. Final score 17 to 7.