CZ POLL ***** Predict the Season Record for the 2018 Cowboys ***** CLOSED *****

How many wins and losses will the Cowboys have this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I"m not that bullish about this team overall, still, the same coaching staff that can't make in-game adjustments and they are playing 7 games against playoff teams this year.
if the offense just stays the same (depth for tsmith injury and no zeke suspension, knock on wood), then i expect the d to become top 5 from added pressure. that to me is worth at least 3 games. if the o pieces fit as expected in terms of dak / route runners, wr could well be better than last year by the middle of the year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
the 2017 team won 9 games, and this team is much stronger and deeper.
offense - will be slightly worse than last year before zeke suspension, and improves over the season as dak clicks with improving tes and wrs.
defense - major improvement from increased pressure resulting from gregory and then irving. with the pressure the dbs play better. a safety can be easily added as long as it is not et.
I thought I was a wild man homer by stretching us to 10-6.
But 12-4.....you win, waldo

waldoputty

Reaction score
I thought I was a wild man homer by stretching us to 10-6.
But 12-4.....you win, waldo
10 wins is only a game better than last year.
we paid the price last year, and so that investment should come in this year.

starfan1

Reaction score
Wow 13 votes for 7 or fewer wins. Wow where’s the faith or why watch?

Heck I think the browns will get 5 this year. I’m going 12-4

Go cowboys

Verdict

Reaction score
I voted 11 and 5. I want to go higher, but these roster cuts have me all up in arms. Lol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
11-5.
We went 12-4, then injuries, then 12-4 with Dak, then 9-7 with injuries and missing Zeke.
Even though this team is far different now, especially from the 12-4 team. It is on the rise.

The D should be better, and the O can’t be any worse, but with Zeke back, the OL, offsets the unknown of WR and TE play.

I know many discount the win against the Eagles, but the same ones would look the other way if it was opposite.

Anyway, the trend has been up. And we are better talented now, with some better coaches added as well.
Just hope that offsets Garrett. :muttley:

But we should be Improved regardless.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless I missed it.
This thread is not official until we get the double triple gold platinum guarantee from @GORICO
:laugh:

Satchel89

Reaction score
12-4...Why? Because I'm an idiot who just always tries to be an optimist. I guess I'm actually thinking the defense is going to keep them in games and the offense will be good enough to sneak out some wins

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
11-5, looking good in regular season, losing in first playoff game, excuses afterwards

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
7 or fewer.

Very young team that looses some close games due to youth and inexperience.
However will start showing improvement late in season.
Injuries and lack of depth in areas will also play in some losses.
Wow.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
11-5. Defense is going to be dominant. Offense is going to be 2016. I don’t know if any of you have seen Wentz, but he looks as mobile as a telephone pole.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
11-5. Defense is going to be dominant. Offense is going to be 2016. I don’t know if any of you have seen Wentz, but he looks as mobile as a telephone pole.

For all of our other disagreements, we're ultimately in lock-step regarding this team's record for this year, go figure.

I say 11-5 as well. For much the same reasons that you do. I think we're going to have a feared defense this year and I think the iffense has enough talent I wall to do their part.

They're not quite as good as the 13-3 record from 2016 but much better than the 9-7 of last year's disappointment so I'm splitting the difference with 11 wins.

And I think the Eagles will stumble early on in the season and I'll wait to see if they turn things around later.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This is your chance to predict how many wins and losses the Cowboys will have this season.

In the event the Cowboys tie in an odd number of games, the wins will be rounded down and the losses rounded up. If they tie in an even number of games, the records will count as they are.

Do you want bragging rights after the season?

What is your prediction?

*** The voting will be locked before Thursday's game, so make your vote!

You can check out last season's predictions here ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/predict-the-season-record-for-the-cowboys.384296/
13-3 was an over reach but we were 9-7 with a ton of serious problems, we made some good moves and 1/3 of the fans here think we will regress? Revoke their cards man. Forget the schedule, Ive been watching for 47 years and know a schedule is fluid, you cant tell how good or hot or healthy a team is until you get closer. The Chiefs were the last undefeated team last year, then went 1-6 in their next 7. Its all about when you play someone. Dont fret the schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.