CZ POLL ***** Predict the Season Record for the 2018 Cowboys ***** CLOSED *****

How many wins and losses will the Cowboys have this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pitt33

Reaction score
I’m sticking to my 7-9 prediction.

Offense will struggle to score points. Let’s hope Zeke stays healthy ladies and gentlemen or this campaign could mean a top 10 draft pick.

I do like the potential of the defense.

And I also believe this is the last we see of Linehan.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5-11. Bad offense. Defense not good enough to overcome it. Also a team not prepared for the season. Top 8 pick in the draft and an offseason theme of targeting skill position players. Some will include QB in that. Others will try to claim the weapons gave the QB no chance.

Wait for it. It's coming.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
11 - 5. As long as Zeke and Dak remain in the lineup, the offence will roll. The defense probably won't be as good as it looked in preseason, but it will be solid. The DL will get after the QB and our LBs are the fastest we've had. The only worry is at S.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
9-7 this team is a borderline playoff team. Will look good one week and suspect the next. They lack depth and are weak at safety. Couple that with a weak head coach and that puts them around average. Another wasted year with Jason Garrett.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
11-5 is my prediction which results in a loss in the NFC championship game. If we go 13-3 superbowl. 12-4 will net a home game loss in the second playoff game.

GenoT

Reaction score
10-6.

Lotta new and/or young personnel (players and position coaches), plus transitioning from Witt/Dez, so we may struggle a bit early on.

Barring unforeseen disaster, I look for us to finish strong, win a wildcard spot and have good momentum going into the postseason; where we advance to the NFC finals for the first time in @23yrs.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to make record predictions because the NFL is the hardest league to predict. But I’ll go with 9-7. I think this young team may need a few weeks to find itself which to me means there may be a slow start with a stronger finish.

To have success in today’s NFL, a team must have excellent talent combined with savvy coaching that can motivate players while adjusting to what other coaches do to stop you. I like the talent we have, but it’s hard to have confidence in a HC that seems slow to learn some of the fundamentals of NFL coaching.

Plus the every year albatross of having the Owner/GM/President/and sock and jock sorter running his mouth with more “uhs” than pearls of wisdom. 9-7 May be an accomplishment because I suspect that might be enough to sneak in the tournament.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I'm going 7-9. We'll get hot with Tyron's back, Lee's brain, at least one other unforeseen disaster, and Red's time mismaagement. While it's true that if and if and if happens, we'll be better, but this is Dallas.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
5-11. Bad offense. Defense not good enough to overcome it. Also a team not prepared for the season. Top 8 pick in the draft and an offseason theme of targeting skill position players. Some will include QB in that. Others will try to claim the weapons gave the QB no chance.

Wait for it. It's coming.
Even worse. 5-8 record and they rip off three straight wins against the Colts, Bucs and Giants at the end of the season and Garrett gets an immense amount of credit as the team fought, battled, scratched and clawed.

Hope abounds.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Even worse. 5-8 record and they rip off three straight wins against the Colts, Bucs and Giants at the end of the season and Garrett gets an immense amount of credit as the team fought, battled, scratched and clawed.

Hope abounds.
You know I can actually see that happening.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Hope abounds.
As painful as that sounds it it is within the realm of reality. Garrett has more lives than a cat.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hope abounds.

You're way too negative.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
9-7. But I hope I’m wrong. The lack of a true #1 WR worries me, as do the injuries on the OL. But no Chaz Green is a huge positive.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The passing game will struggle due to shuffling and injuries on the OL. Zeke will win a few games for us on the ground, but this team is going to play a lot of very tight contests and I don't trust JG at all in those. I say 8-8 and a miracle happens: Red gets fired!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Brutal schedule but defense gives a valiant effort. Zeke has no room to run and Dak struggles despite Zeke getting his 1000 yds.
6-10

kumizi

Reaction score
8-8

Not bad enough for the GM or coach to get fired. More years of mediocrity.

kumizi

Reaction score

Hope abounds.
Hahaha pretty much what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.