CZ POLL ***** Predict the Season Record for the 2022 Cowboys -- CLOSED *****

How many wins and losses will the Cowboys have this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is your chance to predict how many wins and losses the Cowboys will have this season.

In the event the Cowboys tie in an odd number of games, the wins will be rounded down and the losses rounded up. If they tie in an even number of games, the records will count as they are.

Do you want bragging rights after the season?

What is your prediction?

*** The voting will be locked before Thursday's NFL game, so make your vote ASAP!

Last year's winners ..

• bgeek
  • BourbonBalz
  • CCBoy
  • ChuckA1
  • cowboyec
  • CowboyRoy
  • CowboysNation85
  • cristglo
  • dogunwo
  • Elusiv1
  • KDM256
  • Khartun
  • Merlin
  • MichiganCowboyFan
  • NeonNinja
  • Pentagruel
  • phildadon86
  • rambo2
  • Rockport
  • RoyalCowboy
  • Silverstar
  • Teague31
  • TwistedL0g1k
  • TheGoat73
  • Verdict
  • zrinkill

You can check out previous season predictions below ..

2021 Season ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/predict-the-season-record-for-the-2021-cowboys-closed.482407/

2020 Season ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/predict-the-season-record-for-the-2020-cowboys.462777/

2019 Season ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/predict-the-season-record-for-the-2019-cowboys.439134

2018 Season ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/predict-the-season-record-for-the-2018-cowboys-closed.413423/

2017 Season ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/predict-the-season-record-for-the-cowboys.384296/

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Even year, consistently fold vs good teams, 26 years, and outside of maybe three players more overhyped having a roster of true pro bowlers. With that 45 years strong as a true boys fan I will be rooting for them every week I’ve just lost confidence and why I see a meltdown and a 5-12 record. Gladly would take to be proven wrong.

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
A few games over 500. I think they lose some early games due to the lack of WR's. Teams stacking the box, and then when they get some players back, get to over 500 by EOY..

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
9-8. Eagles win the division. We go into the playoffs (thank you expanded 7 team playoffs) Lose in the first round.
Tough schedule, especially in the first half of the season. We face Brady, Bengals, Rams, Packers. Holes on
offensive line, a declining Zeke, and I still think we're weak at the defensive tackles.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too many young guys that will get schooled, our D will keep us in most every game but not enough to get over a 9-8 record 2nd in the NFCE. Thanks again Jerry!

Hope I still suck at predictions. :flagwave:

Motorola

Reaction score
Gonna mull over the roster, then the schedule-opponents over the next couple of days before I make a guess

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9-8 is my prediction.

History is a stubborn thing. It’s hard not to ignore two and a half decades of evidence. Here’s what they must overcome with history:
  • They haven’t won back to back division titles since 95-96.
  • They haven’t had back to back double digit win seasons since 95-96.
  • They haven’t made the playoffs in back to back seasons since 2006-07.
If I’m being objective without the fan glasses, do I think this team is as good or better than last year? No I don’t. Certainly hope I’m wrong and will celebrate if the Cowboys finally break out of these historical numbers. Can’t wait for the season to start.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Going with history and 9-8 here too... if they haven’t won back to back in 30 years, I don’t see any reason why it will happen now even if the Eaglets are the only ones who appear capable of putting up a fight. It’s just parity. I know some people picked 12 wins last year but I think most of us didn’t see that coming, and that’s just how it goes in today’s NFL. I have a hard time seeing it happen twice with so many questions on offense in an offensive league.

Hope I’m wrong. I think I prepare for the worst these days after so many decades of defeat. One year they will finally breakthrough, just like the Bengals did last year, but who knows when that will be.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9-8 is my prediction.

History is a stubborn thing. It’s hard not to ignore two and a half decades of evidence. Here’s what they must overcome with history:
  • They haven’t won back to back division titles since 95-96.
  • They haven’t had back to back double digit win seasons since 95-96.
  • They haven’t made the playoffs in back to back seasons since 2006-07.
If I’m being objective without the fan glasses, do I think this team is as good or better than last year? No I don’t. Certainly hope I’m wrong and will celebrate if the Cowboys finally break out of these historical numbers. Can’t wait for the season to start.
They are playing one more game than in the past so a double-digit win is not that far of a stretch though it may not really matter and only serve as a stat.

JayFord

Reaction score
11-6

All they gotta do is stay healthy and play 4 quarters of football

thats it....playoffs im thinking 1 and done again

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The difference between 10-7 and 9-8 is one game but 10-7 seems like a successful season whereas 9-8 feels like a lost season. I guess in a 17-game season 11-6 is more of the standard for a solid team rather than the 10-6 record from the 16-game season.

Status
Not open for further replies.