CFZ Predictable: How the Zack Martin Holdout will end

mrmojo

Reaction score
Not necessarily, Zac is still a pro bowl player and could be for at least another 4 years.
Jerry says this is a SB year, and next year too, so does it make sense to let Zack sit this season ??
I dont think so.

If jerry doesnt make a deal martin is happy with soon, then I have to think he doesnt really think the team is a SB contender, or he is just really stupid.

jerry has said he has to pay micah as a reason, but that is BS, he knows parsons is popular, so that is why he said that, to get fans and media
on his side, and for most part that seems to be working.

I dont know if he will, but martin should hold out into the season.
Jerry did this with Emmitt, with a team that just won a SB, that blew up in his face. So he could care less if the team is a contender or not. 30 years later different time but same stance, tells you he hasn't learned much.

timb2

Reaction score
Zack Martin just wants to miss Training Camp. He will start Game 1 of the season

Motorola

Reaction score
I’m sure there has been a big Cowboys star who held out that Jerry never caved to…I just can’t think of any.
However - there has been circumstances and situations in the past when former Cowboys Coaches, GMs, and owners faced the same dilemma.

Bobhaze: with the Zack Martin TC holdout ending, along with the resulting opinion split among the CZers on his stance (appeared to me it was 70% THUMBS DOWN on #70's action) - perhaps you and others (I can help out) to chronicle the history of player contract disputes ---BIG & small - that have been part of this franchise since it started over six decades ago.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
History often repeats itself….

Jerry Jones has said repeatedly that he’s not giving in to Zack Martin’s holdout. He even said last week that he “needs extra cash to pay Micah Parsons” and has taken a “hard stance” on this. Don’t believe any of it.

Anyone remember what was happening in August of 2019? Here are some headlines in newspapers 4 years ago…almost exactly:
I expect this pattern to be followed with Zack Martin by early September. In fact, by Sept. 4th, 2023- one week before the season opener- there will likely be a press conference to announce Zack Martin’s contract extension. He will probably be the highest paid G in pro football.

History will repeat itself.
You called it Bob!
Jerry caved!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
But he didn't get an extension, or become the highest paid guard? So what did you call? He got a decent pay raise, and guaranteed years. Both sides got some of what they wanted.

Jerry didn't have to spend to much extra money, but didn't get the years

Martin got guaranteed years, but didn't get all the money he wanted.

Feels really more like business as usual.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
However - there has been circumstances and situations in the past when former Cowboys Coaches, GMs, and owners faced the same dilemma.

Bobhaze: with the Zack Martin TC holdout ending, along with the resulting opinion split among the CZers on his stance (appeared to me it was 70% THUMBS DOWN on #70's action) - perhaps you and others (I can help out) to chronicle the history of player contract disputes ---BIG & small - that have been part of this franchise since it started over six decades ago.
Sounds like an interesting research project Motor…maybe you could do that one! :thumbup: