Prediction: How many losses will it take for Garrett to get fired?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
IMO that line of thinking is what got this fanbase to accept all the previous lame HC hires. Then 1-3 yrs later everyone wants the scrub fired.
There are many good choices out there better than Garrett. Garrett is mediocre and a good friend of Jerry’s. Mediocre is worse than bad. Garrett’s mediocre will NEVER win the Super Bowl, but he gives Jerry a good show. Let’s go out and get Baltimore’s O Coordinator.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Garrett will not be fired he is the next GM everyone says Jerry needs to hire its a coming

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If he runs the table and win the NFC Championship he'll be back. Wait, hold on. Jesus is knocking on my side door. He's done. No doubt about it. 8-8 is going to be a stretch. I am so tired of this.

I got Patriots, Rams, and Eagles all as losses...……...that aint going to win the division...…….bye Clappy:yourock:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Exactly...………..the playoffs is the key...……….no playoffs and Jerry cant sell an extension and I believe Garrett was told this already.

I think that is why he looks so serious on the sidelines this year, a lot more worried looking than in year's past.
That might not do it. I hope if that does happen Garrett is gone.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I think he’s gone already, they just don’t have anyone to take his spot right now. Our top candidates are Richard, who sucks, Rod, who sucks, and Moore, who is WAYYY too inexperienced to be a HC. Besides that, who could be out interim HC? We have no options. Had we had someone that was somewhat competent within, we would have fired Garrett after the Jets loss.

Plus I think Jerry is waiting on Riley or someone else in particular. There’s no saving Garrett at this point, even if this team miraculous by the grace of all things godly got into the NFC Championship.
If we had anyone suitable to be an interim Garrett would've thrown them under the bus and had them fired. Has to be a relief going into the season lame ducking it knowing you'll at least get the whole season to kiss ***.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That might not do it. I hope if that does happen Garrett is gone.

Man, if we dont make the playoffs and Garrett still gets an extension..…...wow...…..I think I just might be done with this joke team.

Seriously, if that happens I think I will just delete my account here and spend Sundays taking my young daughter to the park.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Garrett is gone no matter what. We aren't winning the NFC Championship. Heck, we have never gone to back to back playoff appearances under Garrett, so I fully expect to miss the playoffs.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not that lucky, Garrett will probably be here at least a few more seasons as long as he makes the playoffs. I can see him get a 2-year extension if they win the division. If Dallas misses the postseason, then I think he is as good as gone as HC but will be moved upstairs.

Jason is a fungus and it will be difficult to get him outta here, at least as head coach.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m not that lucky, Garrett will probably be here at least a few more seasons as long as he makes the playoffs. I can see him get a 2-year extension if they win the division. If Dallas misses the postseason, then I think he is as good as gone as HC but will be moved upstairs.

Jason is a fungus and it will be difficult to get him outta here, at least as head coach.

I could see that happening...……….we miss the playoffs and Garrett gets kicked upstairs so Jerry can "save face" and not have to admit his hand picked coach was a complete failure. Give him a nice big office with no official duties, LOL.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
There are many good choices out there better than Garrett. Garrett is mediocre and a good friend of Jerry’s. Mediocre is worse than bad. Garrett’s mediocre will NEVER win the Super Bowl, but he gives Jerry a good show. Let’s go out and get Baltimore’s O Coordinator.

There a several good HC candidates available and not disputing that. But do you trust Jerry to hire a legit HC? History has shown he will not.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There a several good HC candidates available and not disputing that. But do you trust Jerry to hire a legit HC? History has shown he will not.

This team needs new blood and a voice Vinman. What is the worst that can happen...keep on not winning super bowls?

They need a new direction no matter how good or bad the next guy is, Garrett is not the answer.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Miss the playoffs = fired
Lose in the wildcard round = fired
Lose in the divisional round = toss-up depending on how bad it looked

He has everything going against him right now. History is not on his side...he's never coached them to back-to-back playoffs, there hasn't been a repeat NFC East winner in 15 years, and there's a strong chance that you'll have to play Rodgers, Brees, or Wilson (with actual receiving weapons compared to last year) in the playoffs.

He's done!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Miss the playoffs = fired
Lose in the wildcard round = fired
Lose in the divisional round = toss-up depending on how bad it looked

He has everything going against him right now. History is not on his side...he's never coached them to back-to-back playoffs, there hasn't been a repeat NFC East winner in 15 years, and there's a strong chance that you'll have to play Rodgers, Brees, or Wilson (with actual receiving weapons compared to last year) in the playoffs.

He's done!
You just said it yourself. Every other year we don’t make the playoffs and Garrett is still coaching. What makes you so sure? Any inside knowledge or just your opinion? I hope he’s gone if we make the playoffs, but doubt it.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I could see that happening...……….we miss the playoffs and Garrett gets kicked upstairs so Jerry can "save face" and not have to admit his hand picked coach was a complete failure. Give him a nice big office with no official duties, LOL.
What ever official title they give him will have all typical responsibilities removed and "walk around" added as a prefix.