Prediction that we win against AZ

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe he is not as fleet of foot as he once was. If we can get them in 3rd and long I have faith the addition of Lawrence will help since there is no game film on him yet.

Yes, we should get to him. Is Lawrence going to play?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Who will be the starting quarterback for Dallas?

Unless Tony Romo was completely unable to respond to the next round's bell, he has played. Unless there is life threatening danger attached, I see no reason he won't play this Sunday.

Shots kill a lot of immediate affects of pain...

btcutter

Reaction score
And even then, the team had a losing record.

The team had a losing record but I believe Kitna in those last 8 game was 5-3 ( I think). Of course our D played out of it's mind including beating the Colts with Lee getting 2 ints.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Yeah, if Dez can't show up against rookie DB's Peterson will eat him alive. He's as good as a ghost for Weeden

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Palmer can't move around to avoid rushes. They rely on the passing game. RM needs to attack Palmer and not have our guys playing soft in coverage. As far as their defense goes. They're strong all around, but these guys aren't Seattle. We need to sustain long drives with some points and put it to these guys in our run game.

This should be a close game and Sunday couldn't get here soon enough.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I'll give us a 60% chance of winning if Romo plays and isn't really healthy.

If he plays and is pretty good i'll push that to 75-80%.

I'll go no better than 40% chance if Weeden starts.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The team had a losing record but I believe Kitna in those last 8 game was 5-3 ( I think). Of course our D played out of it's mind including beating the Colts with Lee getting 2 ints.
I liked Kitna's leadership skills a lot.

It did help in 2010 that after they dumped Wade the same team that had given up on him then decided to play their tails off to impress the new coach.
Even then, The team was 4-6 in the games Kitna played down the stretch. He didn't play the last game.
Or if you wish to exclude the 1st Giants lost--where we were winning when Romo went down--the team was 5-6 with Kitna.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
This team could easily be 3-5 or 4-4 if not for the big plays made my dez, romo, and williams.

However, i think it is going to be a close game. And my gut tells me cowboys will win. The cardinals have beaten us the last 3 times, that streak can't last much longer can it?

30 Cowboys
28 Cardinals

conner01

Reaction score
Here is a simple why... and it doesn't matter if Romo or Weeden start.

The coach will be FORCED to focus on RUN and heavily lean on our OL to dominate the game and TOP. That's our formula to be successful....regardless of QB. Sure Romo is a better passer but just look at this team's past history when Romo goes down. We rode Orton for several wins when our stupid coaches don't over call passing play. This OL is far superior than past OL. It can dominate almost any line in the league. It just needs to be given a chance. Our potential weakness here is the D. But I am hoping for a rebound performance and for the D to be playing above average. As long as D does that and we don't turn the ball over.....We WIN.[/quote

can't recall orton ever winning a game here

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yeah because Arizona's been doing that a lot lately and we've been losing by that much lately. Cmon. Arizona has really overachieved this IMO. I think they have a good solid team but they are definitely not good enough to blow out a good team(which we are) by 20. Their biggest win this year was by 11 at Oakland, the worst team in the league. I also think you are giving their receivers too much credit. The Brown guy you are talking about had done nothing until that 75 yard TD against the Eagles last week. Floyd has been somewhat disappointing for them this year and Fitzgerald much like Brown hadn't really done much until that 80 yard TD against the Eagles. Their running game is not very good either. Ellington averages about 3.5 yards per carry and no other back on their team has more than 18 carries. What I'm trying to say is Arizona is not that good to run away and blowout a team. We'll at the very least be in the game and I think we'll win.

Yea, some people are acting like Arizona has Denver's offense and Seattle's defense. They're a solid team, but they're not very explosive on offense or dominant on defense. They're a good team, but no where near a great one. If we play a clean game, we should win this game at home. We played terrible on Monday night and absolutely nothing went our way, but we stll only lost by 3 in OT. It was the Foreskin's Super Bowl and everyone knows it. Don't read too much into that game. St. Louis beat Seattle last week, so does that mean the Rams are the better team and Seattle's season is over????

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yea, some people are acting like Arizona has Denver's offense and Seattle's defense. They're a solid team, but they're not very explosive on offense or dominant on defense. They're a good team, but no where near a great one. If we play a clean game, we should win this game at home. We played terrible on Monday night and absolutely nothing went our way, but we stll only lost by 3 in OT. It was the Foreskin's Super Bowl and everyone knows it. Don't read too much into that game. St. Louis beat Seattle last week, so does that mean the Rams are the better team and Seattle's season is over????

Of course I'm assuming Romo plays and isn't severely limited due to his injury. If he doesn't play, it's a crap shoot.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yeah because Arizona's been doing that a lot lately and we've been losing by that much lately. Cmon. Arizona has really overachieved this IMO. I think they have a good solid team but they are definitely not good enough to blow out a good team(which we are) by 20. Their biggest win this year was by 11 at Oakland, the worst team in the league. I also think you are giving their receivers too much credit. The Brown guy you are talking about had done nothing until that 75 yard TD against the Eagles last week. Floyd has been somewhat disappointing for them this year and Fitzgerald much like Brown hadn't really done much until that 80 yard TD against the Eagles. Their running game is not very good either. Ellington averages about 3.5 yards per carry and no other back on their team has more than 18 carries. What I'm trying to say is Arizona is not that good to run away and blowout a team. We'll at the very least be in the game and I think we'll win.

And the Cowboys have overachieved on d. Let's see, we let a scrub QB go 30-35. But a vet like Palmer, better recievers, and team with better corners to handle our wr's. And Weeden most likely is playing for us. You have your opinion, and I have mine.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They're a solid team, but they're not very explosive on offense or dominant on defense. They're a good team, but no where near a great one.

OFFENSE
Dallas pts per game - 26.6
Arizona pts per game - 23.4

DEFENSE
Dallas pts per game - 20.8
Arizona pts per game - 19.8

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Palmer can't move around to avoid rushes. They rely on the passing game. RM needs to attack Palmer and not have our guys playing soft in coverage. As far as their defense goes. They're strong all around, but these guys aren't Seattle. We need to sustain long drives with some points and put it to these guys in our run game.

This should be a close game and Sunday couldn't get here soon enough.

It's true, he doesn't really move nearly as well as he used to but the thing about Palmer is that he can stretch the defense. He does throw a nice deep ball.

Wood

Reaction score
I have no idea who wins but I have sneaking suspicion we see both Romo and Weeden again.