Prediction that we win against AZ

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have not done the breakdown but I think that when you look at Arizona, you have to split the breakdown into two different comparisons. What the offensive numbers look like with Palmer at QB and what they look like without him. They maybe exactly the same but they may not be as well.

mldardy

Reaction score
And the Cowboys have overachieved on d. Let's see, we let a scrub QB go 30-35. But a vet like Palmer, better recievers, and team with better corners to handle our wr's. And Weeden most likely is playing for us. You have your opinion, and I have mine.
Well that scrub qb did all that and still didn't throw a TD pass, did throw a pick and barely scored 20 points. You are severely overhyping the Cards. You act like the 2007 Pats or the Broncos are coming in here. The Cards have scored 30 points once this season and as I said haven't beaten a team more than 11 points this season. They aren't going to run away from us unless we play the absolute worst game.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Yea, some people are acting like Arizona has Denver's offense and Seattle's defense. They're a solid team, but they're not very explosive on offense or dominant on defense. They're a good team, but no where near a great one. If we play a clean game, we should win this game at home. We played terrible on Monday night and absolutely nothing went our way, but we stll only lost by 3 in OT. It was the Foreskin's Super Bowl and everyone knows it. Don't read too much into that game. St. Louis beat Seattle last week, so does that mean the Rams are the better team and Seattle's season is over????

I don't think there is anyone including Commander fans who think that Washington is better than the Cowboys, and nobody is claiming that the season is over because of that loss either.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Here is a simple why... and it doesn't matter if Romo or Weeden start.

The coach will be FORCED to focus on RUN and heavily lean on our OL to dominate the game and TOP. That's our formula to be successful....regardless of QB. Sure Romo is a better passer but just look at this team's past history when Romo goes down. We rode Orton for several wins when our stupid coaches don't over call passing play. This OL is far superior than past OL. It can dominate almost any line in the league. It just needs to be given a chance. Our potential weakness here is the D. But I am hoping for a rebound performance and for the D to be playing above average. As long as D does that and we don't turn the ball over.....We WIN.

Are you the one who said that the Cowboys were going to win against the Commanders for the same reason? If I had t make a guess, I would give the Cowboys a 45%/50% chance with an injured Romo or Weeden.

btcutter

Reaction score
Are you the one who said that the Cowboys were going to win against the Commanders for the same reason? If I had t make a guess, I would give the Cowboys a 45%/50% chance with an injured Romo or Weeden.

Didn't make that prediction. In fact I was very afraid of the skins because of their weapons and how confident everyone was about destroying the skins. Division foes are always difficult games.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
OFFENSE
Dallas pts per game - 26.6
Arizona pts per game - 23.4

DEFENSE
Dallas pts per game - 20.8
Arizona pts per game - 19.8

If you count only points actually scored against the defense, we're giving up 19.1 per game, and Arizona is giving up 19.8. On a per-drive basis, our defenses are very similar.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Here is a simple why... and it doesn't matter if Romo or Weeden start.

The coach will be FORCED to focus on RUN and heavily lean on our OL to dominate the game and TOP. That's our formula to be successful....regardless of QB. Sure Romo is a better passer but just look at this team's past history when Romo goes down. We rode Orton for several wins when our stupid coaches don't over call passing play. This OL is far superior than past OL. It can dominate almost any line in the league. It just needs to be given a chance. Our potential weakness here is the D. But I am hoping for a rebound performance and for the D to be playing above average. As long as D does that and we don't turn the ball over.....We WIN.

Better tackling will go a long ways towards a W

Zman5

Reaction score
Bailey makes a last second FG for the win only to find out JG called a time out.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Yeah because Arizona's been doing that a lot lately and we've been losing by that much lately. Cmon. Arizona has really overachieved this IMO. I think they have a good solid team but they are definitely not good enough to blow out a good team(which we are) by 20. Their biggest win this year was by 11 at Oakland, the worst team in the league. I also think you are giving their receivers too much credit. The Brown guy you are talking about had done nothing until that 75 yard TD against the Eagles last week. Floyd has been somewhat disappointing for them this year and Fitzgerald much like Brown hadn't really done much until that 80 yard TD against the Eagles. Their running game is not very good either. Ellington averages about 3.5 yards per carry and no other back on their team has more than 18 carries. What I'm trying to say is Arizona is not that good to run away and blowout a team. We'll at the very least be in the game and I think we'll win.

thanks for posting the reasoning behind your reply and not just saying the Cowboys will win because the other team "sucks" like I read here all week leading up to the Washington game

mldardy

Reaction score
thanks for posting the reasoning behind your reply and not just saying the Cowboys will win because the other team "sucks" like I read here all week leading up to the Washington game

No problem. I never do that kind of stuff. I gotta have some substance behind.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Dallas has a very good shot at winning this game (and this is from someone that has sang the praises of the Cardinals since week 1). They will make adjustments to what the Commanders did this week and be prepared for it when the Cardinals try it. Zona has been very bad at pressuring the QB of late as evidenced by last week. Nick Foles threw it over 60 times and was not sacked once. Foles O-line is nowhere near as talented. Zona will get theirs, probably through the air, but I suspect Dallas will as well.

This game should be pretty high scoring and a lot of fun to watch. I am pretty excited.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Dallas has a very good shot at winning this game (and this is from someone that has sang the praises of the Cardinals since week 1). They will make adjustments to what the Commanders did this week and be prepared for it when the Cardinals try it. Zona has been very bad at pressuring the QB of late as evidenced by last week. Nick Foles threw it over 60 times and was not sacked once. Foles O-line is nowhere near as talented. Zona will get theirs, probably through the air, but I suspect Dallas will as well.

This game should be pretty high scoring and a lot of fun to watch. I am pretty excited.

I can agree with this assessment. Zona is not very good at all against the pass but they are pretty solid against the run. So I hope whoever is going to be our QB is ready to pass the ball a lot. Also, throw some screen passes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Carson Palmer has thrown 1 INT in his 4 games this season. Only twice in his career has he had similar runs. Both ended with multiple picks. He tends to throw them in bunches and he is due.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Mein heart say thump-thump Cowboys 23 Cards 21
Mein gut say Cowboys 21 Cards 17
Mein pancreas say Cards 24 Cowboys 23
Mein head say JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think the personnel and scheme is the toughest matchup to date for the Cowboys. Arizona is pretty balanced across the board. Defensively their scheme presses the issue to create negative plays and turnovers. Regardless of who is at QB for Dallas, its imperative Dallas plays one of their better games to win.