Prediction: Urban Meyer. Dak and Amari Stay

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Forget that. The Cowboys second pick in the first round was Spears. Rodgers was still available. The Cowboys had an aging vet at QB in Bledsoe at the time. Not a franchise QB. It ended up working out anyway when Romo took over, but no one knew at the time. But hey, Rodgers should consider himself lucky. He would have 0 Super Bowls with Garrett as head coach.
Actually Parcells wanted spears at 11. Wanted Merriman after spears.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Prediction: we get Urban Meyer and trade away our entire 2020 draft + Dak and Amari for Patrick Mahomes. We resign our folks and get a new DC to help out the defense. We roll out with Cobb, Gallup, and Devin Smith as our receivers. I assure you we will be 12-4 or better.
OMG !!! You are freaking hilarious !!! At least I think your being funny ? If not then you are seriously delusional and clueless ... hey but at least you are consistent .. gotta give you that ... you have your agenda and you stick to it no matter how ludicrous it is .. kudos

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Prediction: we get Urban Meyer and trade away our entire 2020 draft + Dak and Amari for Patrick Mahomes. We resign our folks and get a new DC to help out the defense. We roll out with Cobb, Gallup, and Devin Smith as our receivers. I assure you we will be 12-4 or better.
What happened to Devin Smith? He just disappeared from the offense, like the sister on "Family Matters" who went upstairs to her room and never came back down for the rest of the series.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Was Parcells the end all? Remember he wanted Merriman over Ware and had to be silenced.

And Parcells had alot of control. He ripped up the team. They had the #1 defense in the nfl and tore it up and built his defense. Thats alot of control.

Parcells made HUGE mistakes... Carpenter.Faselli... dismissing Sean Payton... but he DID build a core...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Meyer is a success... anywhere he goes... but he is a dictator... maybe Jerry can give up control again...

Dak is a lock... I think Amari is unless Jerry thinks he can get one of those WRs from Clemson...

My only reservation with Meyer is that he could just pull a Saban and go back to the NCAA where things are easy for a guy of his caliber. Couple rough seasons, and he might just say

"Screw it, I'm going back to collegiate football where I'll make just as much and have an overwhelming talent advantage 90% of the time".

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Forget that. The Cowboys second pick in the first round was Spears. Rodgers was still available. The Cowboys had an aging vet at QB in Bledsoe at the time. Not a franchise QB. It ended up working out anyway when Romo took over, but no one knew at the time. But hey, Rodgers should consider himself lucky. He would have 0 Super Bowls with Garrett as head coach.
23 other teams passed on Rodgers as well

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
My only reservation with Meyer is that he could just pull a Saban and go back to the NCAA where things are easy for a guy of his caliber. Couple rough seasons, and he might just say

"Screw it, I'm going back to collegiate football where I'll make just as much and have an overwhelming talent advantage 90% of the time".

Agreed... he's a fickle fellow... health, etc...

But this is the greatest stage in football...

alicetooljam

Reaction score
This is probably the best realistic scenario...which is why Ill be shocked if it happens...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Was Parcells the end all? Remember he wanted Merriman over Ware and had to be silenced.

And Parcells had alot of control. He ripped up the team. They had the #1 defense in the nfl and tore it up and built his defense. Thats alot of control.

True, but my point is Jerry still had the final say and always will.

I think JG had more say in the roster than people realize.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
TO is a good point but picking training camp location seems a bit odd. Maybe some coaches are given that choice, but it seems like each team usually uses the same spot regardless of who is coaching. Could be wrong.

I just picked that as an example because BP didn't want them holding TC in a dome but Jerry had a deal with Ford around their trucks and wanted them in Texas so he didn't want to go back to Oxnard.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I pray it isnt a college coach and pray even more it isnt Meyer.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I just picked that as an example because BP didn't want them holding TC in a dome but Jerry had a deal with Ford around their trucks and wanted them in Texas so he didn't want to go back to Oxnard.

Sure, but any deal with Ford was struck prior to 2003. Bill signed up knowing that TC would be in San Antonio because 2002 was in San Antonio. After having just 1 camp there it was moved back to Oxnard, and I doubt bill had any say in that either.

The team had only ever hosted 1 TC in Oxnard prior to Bill's arrival. TC decisions aren't something I would expect to be left up to a coach. Why would they be when agreements on locations can span a decade and HC tenures are often measured in just a few years?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Sure, but any deal with Ford was struck prior to 2003. Bill signed up knowing that TC would be in San Antonio because 2002 was in San Antonio. After having just 1 camp there it was moved back to Oxnard, and I doubt bill had any say in that either.

The team had only ever hosted 1 TC in Oxnard prior to Bill's arrival. TC decisions aren't something I would expect to be left up to a coach. Why would they be when agreements on locations can span a decade and HC tenures are often measured in just a few years?

These comments have always stuck with me.