Prediction: Urban Meyer. Dak and Amari Stay

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
These comments have always stuck with me.

This guy wasted picks on Carpenter and Fasano because he liked their dads...

We was good for the core, but then left us high and dry,,,

Reactions: CWR

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Prediction: we get Urban Meyer and trade away our entire 2020 draft + Dak and Amari for Patrick Mahomes. We resign our folks and get a new DC to help out the defense. We roll out with Cobb, Gallup, and Devin Smith as our receivers. I assure you we will be 12-4 or better.
That is utterly insane.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He's a troll... ignore...

Nope. I'm a "troll" yet everything I said before week 10 held true (locker room problems, implosion, coaching issues (fighting), etc). This is MY prediction/conspiracy. Just because you do not agree with it doesn't mean it's crazy. I truly obviously do not think that will happen. I can dream, however.

trickblue

Reaction score
Nope. I'm a "troll" yet everything I said before week 10 held true (locker room problems, implosion, coaching issues (fighting), etc). This is MY prediction/conspiracy. Just because you do not agree with it doesn't mean it's crazy. I truly obviously do not think that will happen. I can dream, however.

You do you...

clff15701

Reaction score
Meyer is the only guy I want. I still dont think Jerry gives up control which is why I dont think we get him. We will go with a retread coach so that Jerry can still attend meetings etc. Heck he may keep redball and fire the whole staff.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was Parcells the end all? Remember he wanted Merriman over Ware and had to be silenced.

And Parcells had alot of control. He ripped up the team. They had the #1 defense in the nfl and tore it up and built his defense. Thats alot of control.
Its gotten pretty rare for coaches to have total control these days. Parcells had alot of control, but not total control. I think a few coachs ruined the duel HC/GM thing around the turn of the century.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Forget that. The Cowboys second pick in the first round was Spears. Rodgers was still available. The Cowboys had an aging vet at QB in Bledsoe at the time. Not a franchise QB. It ended up working out anyway when Romo took over, but no one knew at the time. But hey, Rodgers should consider himself lucky. He would have 0 Super Bowls with Garrett as head coach.
There was still a huge stigma around Tedford QB's at the time. Rodgers was probably over scrutinized. Sitting for 3 year probably helped him alot

trickblue

Reaction score
Forget that. The Cowboys second pick in the first round was Spears. Rodgers was still available. The Cowboys had an aging vet at QB in Bledsoe at the time. Not a franchise QB. It ended up working out anyway when Romo took over, but no one knew at the time. But hey, Rodgers should consider himself lucky. He would have 0 Super Bowls with Garrett as head coach.

Rodgers should have been taken earlier, but it got so bad, the NFL took him backstage to stop the embarrassment of him sitting there...

LOT'S of teams passed on him...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry hasn't made his mind up yet about getting rid of Garrett. my bet is he doesn't. Somebody, some lame coach will get canned but Garrett stays.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Its gotten pretty rare for coaches to have total control these days. Parcells had alot of control, but not total control. I think a few coachs ruined the duel HC/GM thing around the turn of the century.
I dont think theres any coach who has it. Even Belichick was forced to trade players he didnt want to. Look at it now, Brady is on his last leg and Garoppolo is on his way to being a star

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Was Parcells the end all? Remember he wanted Merriman over Ware and had to be silenced.

And Parcells had alot of control. He ripped up the team. They had the #1 defense in the nfl and tore it up and built his defense. Thats alot of control.

I think Parcells also cut Emmitt Smith, brought in Bledsoe, Richie Anderson and Terry Glenn. He also didn't draft Steven Jackson and drafted the biggest bust of all - Bobby Carpenter.

Parcell had full control. Too much I think. Which is the reason why Jerry might be reluctant to give full control over to the next coach.

trickblue

Reaction score
I think Parcells also cut Emmitt Smith, brought in Bledsoe, Richie Anderson and Terry Glenn. He also didn't draft Steven Anderson and drafted the biggest bust of all - Bobby Carpenter.

Parcell had full control. Too much I think. Which is the reason why Jerry might be reluctant to give full control over to the next coach.

Carpenter was a joke... Not drafting Anderson was a huge blunder...

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Carpenter was a joke... Not drafting Anderson was a huge blunder...

I meant Steven Jackson. Yeah Parcells messed up quite a bit. Also, turned our defense into a 3-4. Forcing us to look for a def. coordinator that can run a 3-4. That's why Wade ended up in Dallas.