Premier League

joseephuss

Reaction score

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
beslar is not below average . He has been very good on the national team level and has started almost every game. If he was below average he would've been replaced. I think you may be confused with someone else. Beslar's weakness is actually height and aerial defending. He is poor at heading and short at 6'0. He is great reading and has very excellent quickness and good speed. Its the other CB spot thats been a problem for usmnt.

and yea beasley is in Liga MX not a euro team . Hasn't played in europe in ages.

Re-read what I wrote.
Omar is all height, no game.

Besler is WELL below average by international standards.
Starting in the weakest aspect of the US team is hardly a coup.
We painfully lack center backs right now.

Beasley developed overseas. He spent 04-11 in Europe.
That's where the kids like Yedlin need to be going to prepare for 4 years from now.

There isn't a truly good American player that's remained with MLS for their careers.
Every plus player we have developed elsewhere and kids like Brooks, Iceman and Green are surpassing veteran MLS guys as babies.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I've always felt this was a remote possibility once Mourinho came back to Chelsea. Not a done deal, but it may happen. If it does it could also impact how they deal with Lukaku. I can't imagine he would be please if Drogba was back wiht teh Blues.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-line-up-didier-drogba-3660832

Chelsea line up Didier Drogba transfer 'home' to the Bridge after the World Cup

Drogba coming back is about his life after playing. He is set for a club job.
His coming back is actually a plus with Lukaku because that's his idol.
Lukaku's issue is not being first team so the Costa signing is what kills his chances at Chelsea in 2014/15.
Lukaku and Drogba together is exactly what the kid wants... but he won't get it.

Could the team go Costa, Lukaku. Drogba at striker? I wish... but they'll have Lukaku playing elsewhere developing again is my guess.
After selling Mata and Luiz no hurry for them to bring in more money.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lukaku's issue is not being first team so the Costa signing is what kills his chances at Chelsea in 2014/15.
Lukaku and Drogba together is exactly what the kid wants... but he won't get it.

Could the team go Costa, Lukaku. Drogba at striker? I wish... but they'll have Lukaku playing elsewhere developing again is my guess.

You know I think Lukaku could do well as a Wide Cam as well.

Let him get some space on the wings and just try to cut in and cross.

I just hope we don't see him leave Chelsea. At worst put him out on loan for another year.

JBS

Reaction score
Fabregas sweepstakes is getting fun. .. Both United and Chelsea need him... Chelsea looked like they had him a few days ago but i think United is making a late push

joseephuss

Reaction score
Fabregas sweepstakes is getting fun. .. Both United and Chelsea need him... Chelsea looked like they had him a few days ago but i think United is making a late push

Chelsea will have the advantage. He will want to go to a team that is playing Champions League games.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Obviously the Costa signing is what is driving Lukaku's desire to leave Chelsea, but a Drogba signing will not help. Drogba may be Lukaku's idol, but Drogba will take away some of his playing chances as well in hte EPL and Champions League mathces. It isn't as if Drogba will be playing in the League Cup games. Drogba has the respect, trust and admiration of Mourinho and that matters. Lukaku will either get few chances to play at Chelsea or get loaned out again. Another season on loan will only strengthen his desire to play elsewhere full time. Chelsea may not be in a rush to bring in more money, but they have already spent some of that Mata/Luiz income on the Costa signing. Some will also go in the direction of Fabregas, Koke or whomever they bring in to play in the midfield as well as a defender or two. I don't think they will definitely sell Lukaku this summer, but the more and more I see and read I just don't see him being a permanent fixture with the Blues. And that opinion is independent of them actually signing Drogba.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Re-read what I wrote.
Omar is all height, no game.

Besler is WELL below average by international standards.
Starting in the weakest aspect of the US team is hardly a coup.
We painfully lack center backs right now.

Beasley developed overseas. He spent 04-11 in Europe.
That's where the kids like Yedlin need to be going to prepare for 4 years from now.

There isn't a truly good American player that's remained with MLS for their careers.
Every plus player we have developed elsewhere and kids like Brooks, Iceman and Green are surpassing veteran MLS guys as babies.

then you've got to give credit to MLS for developing Cameron , Altidore , Dempsey , Bradley etc because thats where they developed. Its obvious you don't respect MLS but its your loss. I love the league and have witnessed its development. It is very entertaining and i love the fact that the best American players are choosing to stay and grow the league. How about no yedlin does not go to europe . I think he should stay here and grow the league and continue to get full minutes with seattle. I love MLS and there will be a huge amount of bandwagoners in the next 5 years. MLS is becoming a huge success hence the huge expansion coming . Orlando city , Miami , Atlanta , and Minnesota are soon to come !!!! can't wait .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
then you've got to give credit to MLS for developing Cameron , Altidore , Dempsey , Bradley etc because thats where they developed. Its obvious you don't respect MLS but its your loss. I love the league and have witnessed its development. It is very entertaining and i love the fact that the best American players are choosing to stay and grow the league. How about no yedlin does not go to europe . I think he should stay here and grow the league and continue to get full minutes with seattle. I love MLS and there will be a huge amount of bandwagoners in the next 5 years. MLS is becoming a huge success hence the huge expansion coming . Orlando city , Miami , Atlanta , and Minnesota are soon to come !!!! can't wait .

No, I don't, because none of them developed in MLS.

Alitdore played all of 2 seasons in MLS.
He was academied at IMG which is an international prep school. They have less than 50% American students. It is home to the US under 17 team.
Jozy has played in Europe since 2008.

Dempsey spent all of 3 seasons in MLS. He came out of the Dallas Texans Soccer Academy which is run by... English guys.
I played for them too....

In fact that's basically what all these good players have in common.
SHORT MLS stints then on to better leagues.

What I think matters very little, but what Klinsman thinks does matter quite a lot and he feels exactly as I do that MLS is not quality enough to provide elite development. It's like a great high school player being stuck on JV until they are a Senior.

If Yedlin stays in MLS he'll never develop into more than a mediocre player which would be a shame because he has elite potential.
If he wants to start for the US in 4 years time he'll be overseas playing within 18 months.

I'd love MLS to develop into much more than what it is but to do so it needs to start importing top young talent not spending its money drawing 40 year old marketing tools.

Seattle has something great going but that is one of the few cities where it exists.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BTW, my niece who is 3, scored 21 goals in an indoor game against a boys team with more players on the field aged 5:) --it is a no goalie league obviously.
Kid has pace as an uncannily accurate shot with both feet already!

My poor nephew who is 5 hasn't scored that many in 20 games, lol.

erickb

Reaction score
No, I don't, because none of them developed in MLS.

Alitdore played all of 2 seasons in MLS.
He was academied at IMG which is an international prep school. They have less than 50% American students. It is home to the US under 17 team.
Jozy has played in Europe since 2008.

Dempsey spent all of 3 seasons in MLS. He came out of the Dallas Texans Soccer Academy which is run by... English guys.
I played for them too....

In fact that's basically what all these good players have in common.
SHORT MLS stints then on to better leagues.

What I think matters very little, but what Klinsman thinks does matter quite a lot and he feels exactly as I do that MLS is not quality enough to provide elite development. It's like a great high school player being stuck on JV until they are a Senior.

If Yedlin stays in MLS he'll never develop into more than a mediocre player which would be a shame because he has elite potential.
If he wants to start for the US in 4 years time he'll be overseas playing within 18 months.

I'd love MLS to develop into much more than what it is but to do so it needs to start importing top young talent not spending its money drawing 40 year old marketing tools.

Seattle has something great going but that is one of the few cities where it exists.

Most Youth Soccer Clubs have some kind of European coaches/directors not just the Dallas Texans Soccer Academy FYI, I would say 75% of those here in WA state are that way heck even the soccer program I coach with for ages 3-12 is ran by an Englishman. That being said, as far as Yedlin goes I would love to see him get an overseas loan to train (a few Sounders players have done this) but you are mistaken if you don't think he could continue to grow by playing in the MLS, is it the "TOP" league no but there are still some quality players and it keeps getting better.

MLS academy teams are getting better and better along with youth programs all over you now have clubs that go from rec level all the way up into ECNL, Academy, and EPD. My son just finished his last year of soccer (not because he could not play anymore but because he joined the **) and my daughter plays year round at the Premier level, she hates HS soccer because of the drop off and plays indoor just for fun!

The talent is there and the coaching is getting better and better. The only slight I have towards soccer in the US is you still have coaches that go for size and athleticism first, when I look at players and evaluate I look for first touch, heads up, skill set, passing, all those things that soccer players can do. I coach a 10 year girl that knows how to make a run, look for a pass, and knows when to shoot or pass better then U17 girls I have seen that can just bulldoze people.

Sorry All we do is soccer so I can get a little long winded

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Most Youth Soccer Clubs have some kind of European coaches/directors not just the Dallas Texans Soccer Academy FYI, I would say 75% of those here in WA state are that way heck even the soccer program I coach with for ages 3-12 is ran by an Englishman. That being said, as far as Yedlin goes I would love to see him get an overseas loan to train (a few Sounders players have done this) but you are mistaken if you don't think he could continue to grow by playing in the MLS, is it the "TOP" league no but there are still some quality players and it keeps getting better.

MLS academy teams are getting better and better along with youth programs all over you now have clubs that go from rec level all the way up into ECNL, Academy, and EPD. My son just finished his last year of soccer (not because he could not play anymore but because he joined the **) and my daughter plays year round at the Premier level, she hates HS soccer because of the drop off and plays indoor just for fun!

The talent is there and the coaching is getting better and better. The only slight I have towards soccer in the US is you still have coaches that go for size and athleticism first, when I look at players and evaluate I look for first touch, heads up, skill set, passing, all those things that soccer players can do. I coach a 10 year girl that knows how to make a run, look for a pass, and knows when to shoot or pass better then U17 girls I have seen that can just bulldoze people.

Sorry All we do is soccer so I can get a little long winded

No worries on long, love any discussion with passionate people. Ultimately that's what succeeds.

I played elite level youth soccer 20 years ago so have a bit of an understanding of what has transpired.
Completely agree about high school soccer.
Outside a handful of high school teams it is largely pointless.
Middle school is even worse. It's actually damaging to their development.

Development in the US right now is sinking money into bottomless pits far too often.
I know a youth player who is a striker, pays 3500 a season and has never been taught a banana kick or any variation at all.
Far too much emphasis on winning games and not enough on skill development.

North Texas is a hotbed for youth sports. We produce a great deal of countries best athletes across any sport that doesn't include snow or ice.
It's also a goldmine of business opps and some take advantage of this at the expense of true development.

MLS is really falling into the same traps of the USSL/NASL and various other incarnations.
Too much worry about media and growing the sport amongst the naves... instead of focusing on developing the youth who do love the sport.
The sport is proven world wide.
Teach them to play and they will love it.

The World Cup "bounce" is gone before we can blink.
Just spend everyday developing talent tho and that lasts. Because the kids we develop will develop our grandkids.

erickb

Reaction score
No worries on long, love any discussion with passionate people. Ultimately that's what succeeds.

I played elite level youth soccer 20 years ago so have a bit of an understanding of what has transpired.
Completely agree about high school soccer.
Outside a handful of high school teams it is largely pointless.
Middle school is even worse. It's actually damaging to their development.

Development in the US right now is sinking money into bottomless pits far too often.
I know a youth player who is a striker, pays 3500 a season and has never been taught a banana kick or any variation at all.
Far too much emphasis on winning games and not enough on skill development.

North Texas is a hotbed for youth sports. We produce a great deal of countries best athletes across any sport that doesn't include snow or ice.
It's also a goldmine of business opps and some take advantage of this at the expense of true development.

MLS is really falling into the same traps of the USSL/NASL and various other incarnations.
Too much worry about media and growing the sport amongst the naves... instead of focusing on developing the youth who do love the sport.
The sport is proven world wide.
Teach them to play and they will love it.

The World Cup "bounce" is gone before we can blink.
Just spend everyday developing talent tho and that lasts. Because the kids we develop will develop our grandkids.

$3,500 is what I pay for my daughter, but unlike the kid you speak of she is a keeper and has Kelly Bendixen (our club keeper coach he is also a college coach and the Sounders Woman's Keeper Coach) as not only coach but a mentor. Kelly has coached everyone from Tally Hall (played for our club) to Hope Solo as her personal keeper coach , I can't stress how much this man means not only to her but to us as a family he is very direct, does not play the "hype" game and is genuine in his love for the game and teaching it. We just got a new head coach for her GU17 team and he is the assistant head coach for PLU (Pacific Lutheran University) and our Head coach of the last 3 years was drafted at the age of 16 or 17 and played back in the days of Tatu etc.. So we get a lot for what we pay for but I do realize that not all youth clubs teach and some are about money over all.

I had my daughter try out for ECNL about a month ago and the coach wanted her, but she did not want to stress us out with the $14,000 bill to play at that level which I love her for but at the same time it sadness me that to play at the "highest level" you do have to have a "Bank Roll" on a side note we did spend $120 for a college id camp for Central WA Div 2 school and they want her back for an official visit! The senior keeper could not get over how she showed and blew away all players not just keepers but field players as well, sorry had to brag ;)

I grew up in TX playing on old grass fields and fell in love with the game at 5 played all the way through my time in the Army even got to play against some National Teams on an all Army team. Now I coach little kids to teach them the skills of the game and how to strike, pass, cross, head etc.. with no pressure of a club environment and it is one of the funnest things that i do!!

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
They started their careers in mls I give mls the credit for signing them and giving them professional starts . If mls never scouted them and gave them a start , There's really little chance they'd be overseas . You're right on one thing what you think matters little , it's very obvious .

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
There're several succesful mls teams with youth academies . La galaxy , Kansas City , Seattle and fc dallas have all started to see the success of their academies . People forget mls is only 20 years old , it's definitely picking up significant steam .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
$3,500 is what I pay for my daughter, but unlike the kid you speak of she is a keeper and has Kelly Bendixen (our club keeper coach he is also a college coach and the Sounders Woman's Keeper Coach) as not only coach but a mentor. Kelly has coached everyone from Tally Hall (played for our club) to Hope Solo as her personal keeper coach , I can't stress how much this man means not only to her but to us as a family he is very direct, does not play the "hype" game and is genuine in his love for the game and teaching it. We just got a new head coach for her GU17 team and he is the assistant head coach for PLU (Pacific Lutheran University) and our Head coach of the last 3 years was drafted at the age of 16 or 17 and played back in the days of Tatu etc.. So we get a lot for what we pay for but I do realize that not all youth clubs teach and some are about money over all.

I had my daughter try out for ECNL about a month ago and the coach wanted her, but she did not want to stress us out with the $14,000 bill to play at that level which I love her for but at the same time it sadness me that to play at the "highest level" you do have to have a "Bank Roll" on a side note we did spend $120 for a college id camp for Central WA Div 2 school and they want her back for an official visit! The senior keeper could not get over how she showed and blew away all players not just keepers but field players as well, sorry had to brag ;)

I grew up in TX playing on old grass fields and fell in love with the game at 5 played all the way through my time in the Army even got to play against some National Teams on an all Army team. Now I coach little kids to teach them the skills of the game and how to strike, pass, cross, head etc.. with no pressure of a club environment and it is one of the funnest things that i do!!

I coach AAU girls basketball. But I do it for free for local girls. Our skills coach played at TAMU.
We charge literally 100 per month and get free gym space at the High School.
It is definitely an awesome experience coaching young people.

My youngest plays Club Volleyball at that same 3500 price point. It is probably another 1500 in travel. But she likewise is getting a lot.
I am not sure she is getting 5000 worth but it is a far, far higher level than middle school or rec ball so it is what it is.

I played soccer at hobby field then Westgate as a kid. I was going to tornados games and after parties at Mr Magoos.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There're several succesful mls teams with youth academies . La galaxy , Kansas City , Seattle and fc dallas have all started to see the success of their academies . People forget mls is only 20 years old , it's definitely picking up significant steam .

FC Dallas academy is a joke.... I know 3 or 4 parents with kids playing their now. It is hilariously bad.

MLS has between little and nothing to do with those players developing. They were college kids who didn't come through any MLS academy.

It is clear you are beyond clueless about any of this so on ignore you go. Continue to believe whatever you like. Even if it is hilariously errant in every way.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CescFabregasChelseashirt_3156901.jpg

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-deal-for-ex-arsenal-midfielder-cesc-fabregas

Premier League: Chelsea secure deal for ex-Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
this guys a joke , i already beat him to ignore button . He is beyond annoying and completely clueless. The guy probably can't even name a single player on fc dallas … any one can go look at their roster there's a load of young talent .