Prepare yourself for our offseason of same

ESisback

Reaction score
Wow what a loser mentality
Good thing other Cowboys fans don’t think like you

Loser mentality?!? That’s funny, Captain Serious! I choose to enjoy the sport and treat it like a game. When did they start writing you checks?

ESisback

Reaction score
If your happiness relies on how a football team does then I feel sorry for ya.

You should not attach yourself to the wins and loses of this football team.
That’s EXACTLY my point! My happiness DOESN’T rely on a football team’s success! It’s a hobby, a diversion—not my livelihood! Where have YOU been?

raven55

Reaction score
see you'all next draft after next draft. that's the only excitement your gonna git. because our Qb couldn't guide a person across a cross walk much less into a super bowl, if you don't think so check out the kurt warner review on our 4th round franchise wonder boy

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They drafted the DPOY and a couple other good ones.

I'll take more same offseason in terms of personnel. I am worried about offensive coordination specifically the ability of the coaches to teach their schemes and concepts to the squad with cohesion.

ESisback

Reaction score
Or you could just not be emotional about a sports team. Why assume people critical of the team are perpetually miserable?

A decent indication? When the majority of their posts imply perpetual failure. How does remaining optimistic qualify as emotional? Isn’t angry ranting emotional? I get the angst, but constantly forecasting doom doesn’t solve anything. I’d rather be wrong but happy than “right” and miserable.

ESisback

Reaction score
when you think you will lose you give up

that’s a loser mentality

And I’m doing the opposite! I’m trying to resist constant doom and gloom! I think we can do better next year if we do certain things, and I’m constantly reading crap like “we’ll never win anything until the Jones family sells!”

Haimerej

Reaction score
A decent indication? When the majority of their posts imply perpetual failure. I get the angst, but constantly forecasting doom doesn’t solve anything. I’d rather be wrong but happy than “right” and miserable.

I find it strange you think criticism is a sign of misery instead of an honest opinion. It seems like you're saying it's better to just think positive in spite of honestly thinking your team isn't good.

To use your earlier analogy, what you're doing is eating black licorice and thinking, "this time it will taste better." The people you think are miserable are trying to tell you the licorice still tastes like ****.

ESisback

Reaction score
I find it strange you think criticism is a sign of misery instead of an honest opinion. It seems like you're saying it's better to just think positive in spite of honestly thinking your team isn't good.

To use your earlier analogy, what you're doing is eating black licorice and thinking, "this time it will taste better." The people you think are miserable are trying to tell you the licorice still tastes like ****.
Quit “trying to tell me”! Saying “we suck, we’re doomed” is not helpful! Most of us are well aware of the problems and the many possible solutions. The probable solutions are mere speculations. Saying “we’re awesome” is delusional, but guaranteeing failure is too. Being unhappy is not fun. Most of us lie somewhere in the middle.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I hear everyone complaining but what are we fans going to do. The Joneses are not going anywhere.

That's why I try not to do much complaining. It is what it is. I remain somewhat hopeful, but am past the point where my realistic expectations are low, especially when it comes to winning in the playoffs. My realistic expectation for next year is that we might win the division again because our division is weak and so is our schedule. However, I won't be surprised if Philly wins because the Eagles seemed to be showing progress as the season wore on while we faded. The Eagles are also more likely to use free agency to shore up their weaknesses.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

While I get what the other fella is trying to explain, your analogy here was spot on. Great post.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Trust me, when Jerrys pockets take a hit from fans lack of financial support, he will make a change

You're putting money in Jerrys pockets right now and you will continue to do so. Every time you watch CHA CHING. Every time you read CHA CHING

Every time you look up something negative to post CHA CHING.

He's Got you by the Cajones.

So why don't you just end it all? Go root for another team. Cause Jerry gonna be here. After him Stephen is going to be here. They are not selling a Billion plus Franchise

Get it through your thick heads

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That's why I try not to do much complaining. It is what it is. I remain somewhat hopeful, but am past the point where my realistic expectations are low, especially when it comes to winning in the playoffs. My realistic expectation for next year is that we might win the division again because our division is weak and so is our schedule. However, I won't be surprised if Philly wins because the Eagles seemed to be showing progress as the season wore on while we faded. The Eagles are also more likely to use free agency to shore up their weaknesses.
I still can’t believe the Eagles suckered the Colts and Dolphins out of First round picks. So glad that this is an average draft and the Eagles will be unable to get a quarterback. I don’t think people realize how bad the Eagles are. The Commanders will be our biggest threat next season with a healthy defensive line.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Quit “trying to tell me”! Saying “we suck, we’re doomed” is not helpful! Most of us are well aware of the problems and the many possible solutions. The probable solutions are mere speculations. Saying “we’re awesome” is delusional, but guaranteeing failure is too. Being unhappy is not fun. Most of us lie somewhere in the middle.

If you don't want to hear people's opinions, why are you here? So you can tell people you don't want them to express themselves?

And, again, you're attaching opinions about a football team to someone's overall mental health. I don't think you're a miserable person because you don't like black licorice. Why do you think I'm a miserable person because I don't think this team can win a championship?

mardwin

Reaction score
Meh. Mostly Burrow doing it himself.

That's the kind of QB Jerry think Prescott is.

That's what we are dealing with.

You honestly think Dak would have made the playoffs with the current Bengals roster?