Prepare yourselves to be mad

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
cheap Stephen is in full force.

1. Sounds like the low balled Tank. A long term deal seems unlikely. He will skip everything he can and play under the tag and then walk

2. We won’t be serious contenders for Earl.

3. They will sign skip the first wave of free agency and sign several people we have never heard of for little $.

4. Best guess is we leave a good $20 million on the table and the Jones’ buy another helicopter

Little Jr

Reaction score
Sounds likr

1. Sounds like the low balled Tank. A long term deal seems unlikely. He will skip everything he can and play under the tag and then walk

3. They will sign skip the first wave of free agency and sign several people we have never heard of for little $.

4. Best guess is we leave a good $20 million on the table and the Jones’ buy another helicopter
Sounds like we low balled Dlaw? What have you seen, read ot heard that sounded like we low balled him?

glimmerman

Reaction score
No I think this is the way it’s played. His agent starts high and we start low. SJ May start lower than some other teams but he will come up.

With Gregory and Irving gone and no first round pick and the fact that we don’t do to much FA it leaves us paying D-Law and his agent knows it.

I could care a less about ET.

All these player want to come here (or really any team) and get paid top dollar. Some get it and some dont.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No I think this is the way it’s played. His agent starts high and we start low. SJ May start lower than some other teams but he will come up.

With Gregory and Irving gone and no first round pick and the fact that we don’t do to much FA it leaves us paying D-Law and his agent knows it.

I could care a less about ET.

All these player want to come here (or really any team) and get paid top dollar. Some get it and some dont.
I don’t see a long list of guys running to play for Dallas lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've lowered my expectations.

The Cowboys are very predictable. We can even guess who will get suspended during the offseason.

irishline

Reaction score
His agent got the impression the Cowboys aren't even serious about resigning him, the offer was so bad.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-demarcus-lawrence-was-not-considered-serious

From the article you just posted:

"Negotiating anything is about paying as little as you can to some degree, and maybe that’s the game that Dallas is playing. We don’t know if they low-balled Lawrence or if the pass rusher is just expecting some gargantuan number. What we do know is for now it seems like they couldn’t be much further apart as far as numbers go."

Story up on BTB

See above. It is just negotiating and speculation as to what was offered.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

I'm prepared for 1-4 above. Will I be mad? Nah, I'm used to it. When I was younger it angered me but I've developed a thick lizard like skin over the years. And I wear sunscreen to block the UV radiation emanating out of Texas :laugh:

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don’t even think they can leave 20 million out there. Don’t you get penalized for that?
From what I know there is a cap and floor. Teams have to spend so much money or they could be penalized from what I have read but maybe people on this board who has more experience with this matter can give us more info.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
From the article you just posted:

"Negotiating anything is about paying as little as you can to some degree, and maybe that’s the game that Dallas is playing. We don’t know if they low-balled Lawrence or if the pass rusher is just expecting some gargantuan number. What we do know is for now it seems like they couldn’t be much further apart as far as numbers go."

See above.

That had to know going in he would demand somewhere between Miller and Mack $. So if they came in we’ll below that then it is a low ball offer. If it comes out that he wants double the Mack contract I will admit I was wrong