Prescott and Cooper named to Pro Bowl

Ken

Reaction score
not sure what you mean. we ran 20 times. passed 32. the fact is that dallas goes as zeke goes. dak had his usual average day. zeke didn't. we lost. its been the trend all year this year and last year. zeke over a 100 total yards we are 9-1. zeke less than 100 yards, we are 1-6. it didn't matter how dak did. he had good passing days, bad passing days, as zeke went, so did dallas.
"Average Day" for Dak was the 2nd best Total QBR performance in the playoffs to this point.

But go ahead with the average narrative.

Praxit

Reaction score
Did Brees cancel his opportunity? Cant blame him if he did..

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
anti garrett crowd logic. "Mcvay advanced further than Garrett, thus Mcvay is better."

this is not Dak's team. this is Zeke's team.

Well, I'm not part of the Garrett crowd, there's no doubt that McVay is better. This is about some being so resentful about Dak, that they get upset over a Pro Bowl selection and vouch for a QB who didn't make the playoffs and was on a losing team.

Reactions: CWR

stiletto

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is LAMEas it gets.. Doesn't matter who goes and who doesn't.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak getting voted into the Pro bowl, means that some of the players and coaches that he went against this season, voted for them. Since they have the NFL knowledge and game experiences of actually playing against Dak, I would take their word for it that Dak isn't as bad as some Cowboys fans say he is.

But, the Anti-Dak crowd will just reject any stat or football related subject that points to anything else, other than their view of him being 100% trash.

Mitchell Tribusky made the same Pro Bowl...

It's an objective question to people - do you genuinely believe that both Dak Prescott and Mitchell Tribusky should have been voted into the Pro Bowl based on their performances this season over Matt Ryan?

If yes then well, god help you in life generally.

Swagger

Reaction score
Anti-Dak crowd logic. "Goff advanced further than Dak in the playoffs and is 2-0 against Dak so that makes him better."

"But, Matt Ryan has the better stats, even though ATL had a losing season, even though Matt Ryan lost to Dak this season and even though Dak made it further in the playoffs than Ryan did this season."

NO need to blame it on Ryan having a bad team around him, since the notion is that a true franchise, elite QB doesn't have to be "carried" by a better supporting cast and teammates and can elevate average players around him, to put a team on his back and carry them into the playoffs. Also, saying that Cooper is the reason for Dak's success, when Ryan has Julio Jones.

Cowboys fans being miserable over their own QB making the pro bowl or winning games. :muttley:

Ok...so based on your logic because The Eagles beat the Patriots in last years Superbowl a former college basketball player is a better quarterback than Tom Brady?

InTheZone

Reaction score
"Gifted" huh?

Has Dak ever done anything that wasn't by someone else doing something in your estimation?
I knew my point would be lost. I'll clarify myself once more. When I said we were gifted, I'm talking about the absolutely stupid mismatch we had where the rams put only a deep safety on Cooper in coverage. Has nothing to with with our QB and I'll take those free opportunities every time.

After that play I said we're not getting an easy TD for the rest of the game so we better play and my point is since that score our Dak led offense STRUGGLED bad.

So now you understand my perspective on this subject can you please focus on the entirety of my post and not sidetrack? Sorry for any confusion.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's kind of funny to read some of these posts. Sounds like folks are actually twisted up and pissed that Prescott got selected. Sad, really.

But this isn't about pretty fantasy football statistics. It's about coaches, players and fans all having input on the votes. So, if Prescott got in, even as an alternate I'd say that's pretty cool that they think that highly on Prescott. And it shows how biased a handful of fans here are, but they're in the minority.

aria

Reaction score
Another worthless feather in the cap. Weren’t popularity contests a “thing” in 80’s grade school?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Ok...so based on your logic because The Eagles beat the Patriots in last years Superbowl a former college basketball player is a better quarterback than Tom Brady?

Earlier the Anti-Dak crowd used Goff advancing further than Dak, as prove that Goff was better. Using the same logic the other way around in support of Dak. This board will pretty much uplift any QB to tear down Dak. Then get offended if Dak isn't called trash, while all the other QBs for other teams aren't praised and worshiped on a Cowboy board.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Mitchell Tribusky made the same Pro Bowl...

It's an objective question to people - do you genuinely believe that both Dak Prescott and Mitchell Tribusky should have been voted into the Pro Bowl based on their performances this season over Matt Ryan?

If yes then well, god help you in life generally.

Didn't make the playoffs. I'm sure that if Dak had the stats, yet was 7-9, while Ryan made the playoffs. Then there would still be the Anti-Dak crowd complaining about how Dak didn't deserve it, because he missed the playoffs. And that Ryan or another NFC QB who made the playoffs over Dak deserved it more.

Swagger

Reaction score
It's kind of funny to read some of these posts. Sounds like folks are actually twisted up and pissed that Prescott got selected. Sad, really.

But this isn't about pretty fantasy football statistics. It's about coaches, players and fans all having input on the votes. So, if Prescott got in, even as an alternate I'd say that's pretty cool that they think that highly on Prescott. And it shows how biased a handful of fans here are, but they're in the minority.

How is it biased?

The irony is that it's the complete opposite!

Those claiming that Prescott should be in the Pro Bowl this season and/or are very happy about it are biased because unless you genuinely believe that he should be included over someone like Matt Ryan then he clearly should not be in the Pro Bowl this season based on his performances.

For the record, Dak Prescott deserved to be in the Pro Bowl in 2016, he had an excellent rookie season - even allowing for the incredibly offensive friendly team he found himself in, he fully deserved to be included.

My point is a very impartial and objective one in that his performances over the entirety of this season do not merit his inclusion in the Pro Bowl.

It's not hating or being anti-Prescott just conveying some objectivity which is sadly lacking on this forum!

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Stats isn't everything. When comparing Matt Ryan to Dak. The Cowboys won more games, and you can't say Dak wasn't one of the reasons we went from 3-5 to 10-6, winning the division. I'm sure the league and players took notice. Didn't this happen to Romo a few times?

Swagger

Reaction score
Didn't make the playoffs. I'm sure that if Dak had the stats, yet was 7-9, while Ryan made the playoffs. Then there would still be the Anti-Dak crowd complaining about how Dak didn't deserve it, because he missed the playoffs. And that Ryan or another NFC QB who made the playoffs over Dak deserved it more.

Ok so based on the above logic why didn't Blake Bortles make the Pro Bowl last season ahead of Philip Rivers?

Swagger

Reaction score
Stats isn't everything. When comparing Matt Ryan to Dak. The Cowboys won more games, and you can't say Dak wasn't one of the reasons we went from 3-5 to 10-6, winning the division. I'm sure the league and players took notice. Didn't this happen to Romo a few times?
What rankings were the Falcons defense and the Cowboys defense?

I will give you a clue - one of them was near the top 5 and the other was near the bottom 5...

Swagger

Reaction score
I am owning all of you Prescott lovers out there and you know it!

Do I need to provide anymore rebuttals...