Prescott and Romo

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know how a Cowboy fan CAN'T remember that stuff.....good for Romo...he's somehow post career erased his choking history he had here in Dallas.
Im 2006 and 2007, fans built a wall around Romo being the next Tom Brady. Some fans refused to leave as the years went bye and he wasn't, and it turned into a cult

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im 2006 and 2007, fans built a wall around Romo being the next Tom Brady. Some fans refused to leave as the years went bye and he wasn't, and it turned into a cult
A very SICK cult...I don't even think Romo cares as much about them as he does them....he seems to have moved on somewhat.

Gameover

Reaction score
Dak has had much more talent around him.
How so?
TO
Glenn
Crayton
Witten
Ware
Rat
Spencer
Spears
Big Italian
Bennett
Barber
Jones
Murray
Bryant
Robinson
Austin
Beasley
Williams, T

biggest myth perpetuated is Romo had no talent. Please

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A very SICK cult...I don't even think Romo cares as much about them as he does them....he seems to have moved on somewhat.
Alot of people seemed to become Romo fans over Cowboys. I thought it would have been interesting to see what happens if he went to a different team instead of retiring in 2017

Gameover

Reaction score
Romo was much better at being totally clueless to the time on the play clock. No comparison between Dak and Romo in that regard.

Haimerej

Reaction score
How so?
TO
Glenn
Crayton
Witten
Ware
Rat
Spencer
Spears

Big Italian
Bennett
Barber
Jones
Murray
Bryant
Robinson
Austin

Beasley
Williams, T

All those talented defenders ended up with Tony having a top 10 defense one time. Dak's had a top 10 defense 3 of his 6 years.

Also, "lol," at the bolded names. There's a dearth of offensive linemen on that list, too.

Ken

Reaction score
Which target? Dez.

Currently? Cooper. Even Gallup and Schultz have done well in the redzone.

But why did Dez have his lowest TD total since his rookie year in 2016? If all you had to do was throw it up to him, why couldn't Dak figure that out with consistency? Why was Dez scapegoated in 2017? I mean, Tony made it work to a Pro Bowl level.

Part of what makes a good player is availability. You can't point to a guy sitting on the bench and say, "See? Romo's surrounded with better talent."

Because he deserved it?

I think you're derailing a little bit. No one is arguing that 2014 wasn't a stellar year. The argument is 2014 wasn't representative of what they were putting out there during Romo's career. Sure, for 1 season Romo had great production from his surrounding cast. To extrapolate that to his career and act as though he had it better than Dak because of 1 season is the revisionism you're accusing others of doing.
None are double-digit td guys because of how they inherently play.

Dez didn't have his lowest TD total in 2016 since his rookie year...he only had 3 tds in 77 targets and 9 games in 2015. Remember, this is where he hurt his ankle and was never the same? I realize romo only made it 4 games that year and then had Cassell, Moore, and others throwing him the ball...but still. Dak did fine his rookie year get him td's in his waning effectiveness.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Dez didn't have his lowest TD total in 2016 since his rookie year...he only had 3 tds in 77 targets and 9 games in 2015.

I assumed him only playing 9 games spoke for itself.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Alot of people seemed to become Romo fans over Cowboys. I thought it would have been interesting to see what happens if he went to a different team instead of retiring in 2017

Are you seriously telling me you don’t see the same parallels with the Dak Boyz?

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
How so?
TO
Glenn
Crayton
Witten
Ware
Rat
Spencer
Spears
Big Italian
Bennett
Barber
Jones
Murray
Bryant
Robinson
Austin
Beasley
Williams, T

Most of these guys fell off dramatically once they left Dallas. Some of these players would have been good wherever they played, but most were a product of Romo.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Dak did fine his rookie year get him td's in his waning effectiveness.

You can still find articles from 2016 talking about Dak struggling with Dez. Even mentions of forcing it to him being an issue. As I recall with Tony, everyone knew it was going to be forced that way and it didn't matter.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are you seriously telling me you don’t see the same parallels with the Dak Boyz?
I dont think its as intense. I think its more general fan boi'ing with the Prescott troop. There are parallels, but Romo's grew into a more cultish entity. I think the big difference could be we Prescott hasnt had the 8-8 years. No years where he clearly played on undertalented teams and there was a real reason to defend him like Romo.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The resident Romosexual dope fiend.......you still holding out hope Romo comes out of retirement? :laugh:

Right…right…you’re grasping at straws.

You got your card pulled the other day when you admitted to being a fan of Dak rather than the Cowboys.

Lol, you big mad bro?