Prescott and Romo

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think this is a case of people seeing what they want to see. The behavior between the Romo apologists and the Dak slobberers is one and the same. Must be a QB thing.
Maybe. Or maybe its a matter of what stands out to you. Im not gonna deny my take is possibly skewed by perception. Im not really more favor of Prescott than I was with Romo. Id probably qualify as an apologist for both while they were at the helm.

Ill admit I started looking at Romo differently when he started hanging out with Jones and Garrett more and more. For the sake of transparency. Im not auditioning for Newmaxx or Breitbart lol

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I can tell what time it is during the day....its about that time you get off that short bus with your helmet on....."luulz" and "big mad"...you don't know if you're a 41 year old "bro" or a 15 year old female. :laugh:

Corny, smh.

But thanks for taking time away from your Madea marathon to type out a lame snipe.

As an aside I hear Drumline is on. Clear out some space on the DVR boy.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think this is a case of people seeing what they want to see. The behavior between the Romo apologists and the Dak slobberers is one and the same. Must be a QB thing.

100%

Which is why it’s absolute comedy reading some of these Dak stans take-off on Romo stans.

It’s like a kid standing a sewer pointing and laughing at the kid in the dumpster.

Redline360

Reaction score
It's an easy decision. If you had to build a team around Romo or Dak who would you choose?

Correct and only answer would be Romo. He had the talent you build around. Dak you just hope drives the bus straight without crashing.

Nobody in their right mind would pick Dak over Romo. Must be fn delusional. Only two votes would be Tad and Jerry who would vote Dak

Gameover

Reaction score
….sad that we are reduced to debating the superiority of 2 quarterbacks that have 3 playoff wins in 15+ seasons……on the other hand though, I guess there’s nothing more meaningful to discuss on this site now.

But you fail to realize: Romo was about to go on a Brady like run until Dak stepped in ruined all of that! Cause you see Romo and the Cowboys had no talent until 2016. Since 2016, all Dak has done is waste all that talent that Romo would have won with. That’s the subjective way Romo fans see things

shabazz

Reaction score
But you fail to realize: Romo was about to go on a Brady like run until Dak stepped in ruined all of that! Cause you see Romo and the Cowboys had no talent until 2016. Since 2016, all Dak has done is waste all that talent that Romo would have won with. That’s the subjective way Romo fans see things

……I realize all of that. It’s just sad that after 1 game in the playoffs we’re back to discussing trivial threads like this…….as in, we should be discussing beating the wildcard team we just lost to

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Corny, smh.

But thanks for taking time away from your Madea marathon to type out a lame snipe.

As an aside I hear Drumline is on. Clear out some space on the DVR boy.
I actually like Drumline….I can deal with that but take your sorry *** on about Madea….you going too far now….you figure out if you want to be a female or a middle aged bro?

pansophy

Reaction score
You can’t compare the 2.

Dak could win a Super Bowl. He still doesn’t have the skill to throw a football and read a defense like Romo does.

Is he a better leader than Romo? Sure.. Better intangibles? Sure.

But as far as the natural ability to fling a football you can’t compare them.
Romo is a better passer, no doubt. What this stat should tell everyone is that QB isn’t the problem.

Jerry builds the team like he did before the salary cap. Get a bunch of shiny players and you win, but with the salary cap that means holes in other places. He has tried to adjust to that by getting high risk reward players on the cheap, some of which always end up out.

Jerry needs to look at how he puts a roster together, plain and simple. The team is as good as it’s worst starters. We finally cut Jaylon Smith and he is essentially out of the league before year end. I don’t know how jerry doesn’t look in the mirror and realize that we have a talent deficit.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo is a better passer, no doubt. What this stat should tell everyone is that QB isn’t the problem.

Jerry builds the team like he did before the salary cap. Get a bunch of shiny players and you win, but with the salary cap that means holes in other places. He has tried to adjust to that by getting high risk reward players on the cheap, some of which always end up out.

Jerry needs to look at how he puts a roster together, plain and simple. The team is as good as it’s worst starters. We finally cut Jaylon Smith and he is essentially out of the league before year end. I don’t know how jerry doesn’t look in the mirror and realize that we have a talent deficit.

I think they built a heck of a roster. Most NFL rosters are the same and I do think we have a cut above.

Where I think they messed up is signing a Runningback to a big deal and paying a 25 mill a year QB like he’s the best quarterback in football.

Now the team around Dak will dwindle and he is not good enough to put the team on his back.

They should’ve focused on the entire roster until they had the right QB.

I wish they would’ve let Dak hit the open market. That’s what really needed to happen.

If a team was dumb enough to pay him top dollar so be it. Let them be the fools.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What we need are the types of players who are the solution. Not being the problem is part of the problem.

Zordon

Reaction score
main-qimg-674537b02eabb06445ba508a7f6fd959-lq

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I actually like Drumline….I can deal with that but take your sorry *** on about Madea….you going too far now….you figure out if you want to be a female or a middle aged bro?

That’s what I thought with your corny Nick Cannon loving arse.

:lmao:

BobSacamano

Reaction score
They're both losers.

Jerry thought because they were an undrafted and 4th round pick that overachieved that he'd found the next Tom Brady.

When push comes to shove they always revert back to that undrafted and 4th round pick player.

Tom Brady is the outlier. Get a real QB in Dallas, Jerry. It's time to stop playing games with these bums.
Sure. You just target the QB and tell Jerry to acquire him.

Only caveat is he has to be Aaron Rodgers or his clone…

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have two guys that are/were in the bottom portion of the top 10 at the position, playing for a franchise that cant figure out the space between playoff team and title contender. The way the franchise has been run, they will need an Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees caliber QB to elevate them. Neither Romo or Prescott are that. But both players are good to win with a better franchise. Much lesser QB's like Flacco and Garopollo have either won it all, or came pretty close to winning it all woth a much better roster

At Romo's pinnacle, he was better than Prescott. However, we dont know if Prescott has any more room to get better. Either way, both careers will likely be identical