Prescott and Romo

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right…right…you’re grasping at straws.

You got your card pulled the other day when you admitted to being a fan of Dak rather than the Cowboys.

Lol, you big mad bro?
You're a Romosexual....I ain't mad at you I feel for you lol.

Nah i'm lying. I don't feel for you lol. You deserve the lifetime of misery you've been granted.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Do I think the Cowboys would have beaten the 49ers with a Romo in his prime?
Yes!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I dont think its as intense. I think its more general fan boi'ing with the Prescott troop. There are parallels, but Romo's grew into a more cultish entity. I think the big difference could be we Prescott hasnt had the 8-8 years. No years where he clearly played on undertalented teams and there was a real reason to defend him like Romo.

I think it’s just as intense if not worse.

I’ve said it continuously that Dak’s not the problem, but rather his incessant fanbois that put a target on his back.

We see it here since Dak became the QB. His first year was a honeymoon, pretty much universally liked among our fans. In the following seasons, in instances where he struggled individually we start seeing a regular crew of apologists that dismissed every criticism of Dak. That’s no different than what we saw under Romo.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Romo's legacy is already in stone. Dak is still writing his. So I'll continue to have his back until his is in stone too.

Imagine that A Cowboys fan that supports the teams QB. You are going t be mistaken for a fan my Friend.

Tommy

Reaction score
Romo was much better at being totally clueless to the time on the play clock. No comparison between Dak and Romo in that regard.
Really? Was Romo known to get called for a lot of delay of game penalties? Please explain.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ya, would love to see what Dak would do throwing to prime TO and Witten on the field together.

The closest comparable duo to those two is Kelce and Hill in KC.
Prime Wit and old TO.Just like now , Dak wouldn’t throw them the ball.Just ask Amari, he’s open a lot.Dak can’t find him because he doesn’t see the field or he’s only open by 5 yds, not 10 and Dak is too scared to try.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They're both losers.

Jerry thought because they were an undrafted and 4th round pick that overachieved that he'd found the next Tom Brady.

When push comes to shove they always revert back to that undrafted and 4th round pick player.

Tom Brady is the outlier. Get a real QB in Dallas, Jerry. It's time to stop playing games with these bums.
well, it depends on the organization. Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Montana was a 3rd rounder. but I get your point....there is a reason first rounders are first rounders, better passers, more successful at college level, stronger arms, etc.....however there are a lot of first rounders that fail and I think its because they go to bad teams that struggle to put a good team around them (ala stafford) and expectations are much higher.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it’s just as intense if not worse.

I’ve said it continuously that Dak’s not the problem, but rather his incessant fanbois that put a target on his back.

We see it here since Dak became the QB. His first year was a honeymoon, pretty much universally liked among our fans. In the following seasons, in instances where he struggled individually we start seeing a regular crew of apologists that dismissed every criticism of Dak. That’s no different than what we saw under Romo.
You're not wrong, but I dont think they are where I saw the fringe of the Romo apologists where. To where I could see them jumping to another fan base if he went to another team. Or at least yet.

I do kind of wonder if this fanbase has cultivated that kind of devotion to a QB more than of other fan bases. I live in Bills country, and their Post Kelly QB drought lasted 22 years instead of the 6 we had post Aikman. With a whole a array of Quincy Carters like Todd Collins, Trent Edwards, JP Loseman, EJ Manuel, ect...
Bills fans dont get all up in their feels over Josh Allen when another teams QB is praised like Cowboys fan have with Romo and Prescott. Anytime guys like Ben Roethlisberger, Phil Rivers, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Josh Allen ect its always "Why dont they talk about Romo/Prescott like that". Then there is bizarre Wentz obsession...

Plankton

Reaction score
You're not wrong, but I dont think they are where I saw the fringe of the Romo apologists where. To where I could see them jumping to another fan base if he went to another team. Or at least yet.

I do kind of wonder if this fanbase has cultivated that kind of devotion to a QB more than of other fan bases. I live in Bills country, and their Post Kelly QB drought lasted 22 years instead of the 6 we had post Aikman. With a whole a array of Quincy Carters like Todd Collins, Trent Edwards, JP Loseman, EJ Manuel, ect...
Bills fans dont get all up in their feels over Josh Allen when another teams QB is praised like Cowboys fan have with Romo and Prescott. Anytime guys like Ben Roethlisberger, Phil Rivers, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Josh Allen ect its always "Why dont they talk about Romo/Prescott like that". Then there is bizarre Wentz obsession...

I think this is a case of people seeing what they want to see. The behavior between the Romo apologists and the Dak slobberers is one and the same. Must be a QB thing.