Prescott earns 1.3 million dollar raise

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak Prescott earned a raise of $1.3 million in 2019 under the proven-performance escalator for playing in more than 35 percent of the snaps in two of his first three seasons, according to NFLPA figures. Prescott was set to make $720,000 in the final year of his rookie deal but will now make $2.02 million unless he and the team are able to reach an agreement on a long-term deal this offseason. Defensive tackle Maliek Collins and cornerback Anthony Brown also earned the escalator and will make $2.02 million in 2019.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Dak Prescott earned a raise of $1.3 million in 2019 under the proven-performance escalator for playing in more than 35 percent of the snaps in two of his first three seasons, according to NFLPA figures. Prescott was set to make $720,000 in the final year of his rookie deal but will now make $2.02 million unless he and the team are able to reach an agreement on a long-term deal this offseason. Defensive tackle Maliek Collins and cornerback Anthony Brown also earned the escalator and will make $2.02 million in 2019.

i

Deserved by all three

J12B

Reaction score
And that's why I don't understand all the hate for Dak.

He is producing 10x more than he is getting compensated for.

It's like Dak is the CEO of a company and the least paid, while the mid-level employees are getting paid 4 times as much.

Once he gets his big contract all the criticism will be understandable when he is getting paid the big bucks.

But for now, $2million a year is a steal.

erod

Reaction score

It's like Dak is the CEO of a company and the least paid, while the mid-level employees are getting paid 4 times as much.

Once he gets his big contract all the criticism will be understandable when he is getting paid the big bucks.

This was for playing time. That's it.

He's still the weakest link on the offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This was for playing time. That's it.

He's still the weakest link on the offense.

If the coaching was better he could probably perform at a higher level. I don't know if he'll ever validate a big contract even with great coaching but he could Jared Goff his way to a Superbowl with the right coach.

I'm all for upgrading the position but it won't happen this year.

gmoney112

Reaction score
He should get an eleventy billion raise, because you're all stupid and Dak rules.

DakGang4lyfe

Whyjerry

Reaction score

i

Some here feel he is stealing Jerry’s money.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, it is, he is a tremendous bargain player and part of the "hate" stems from Romolovers or he's just not the guy some posters want. I think his rookie season really works against him and too many think he should have improved from there instead of looking at that soph season as his real rookie season because that's when he was really asked to be a NFL QB.

J12, what do you think this forum would have looked like with Don Meredith, the Morton-Staubach duel, Danny White and Aikman's first couple of years, think there would have been some Steve Walsh fans? I would love for this to have existed during Aikman's rook season as we've never seen a QB go through what he did. He would have been the Cowboys worst draft pick ever by a lot of posters.

I had hoped they would let Prescott's contract play out but it looks like they'll move forward while simultaneously having a HC in a contract year and a rookie OC, what can possibly go wrong with this?:cool:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good for Dak.
Maybe he can pick up the tab for Zeke for a change.
:dance: