Prescott earns 1.3 million dollar raise

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
What impact does it have as far as cap room?

@AdamJT13 ?

I know there's the "likely-to-be-earned" bonuses that teams have to account for. Just curious how these performance bonuses work.
These are straight pay raises and are accounted for already on this year's cap

LCollins also had a 2m incentive that he hit by playing time in 2017-18

DAL is down to 47m under the Cap right now

Dak, Brown and MCollins will also get playing time bonuses in March around 300k but those are cash payments from an NFL Pool and don't count against the cap

It is kind of sad that ABrown earned the raise to 2m by playing well but it could also be the reason he is cut..... that would be very sleazy imo

J12B

Reaction score
These are straight pay raises and are accounted for already on this year's cap

LCollins also had a 2m incentive that he hit by playing time in 2017-18

DAL is down to 47m under the Cap right now

Dak, Brown and MCollins will also get playing time bonuses in March around 300k but those are cash payments from an NFL Pool and don't count against the cap

It is kind of sad that ABrown earned the raise to 2m by playing well but it could also be the reason he is cut..... that would be very sleazy imo

No way Anthony Brown is getting cut.

J12B

Reaction score
Just saying some teams use the raise as a reason to cut a young player and that sucks

I see Dallas making noise in free agency in a couple of months to fill patches this season and for 2020.

In 2020, they'll more than likely be super quiet in free agency and let players like Malik Collins, La'el Collins, and Anthony Brown walk in free agency in order to receive comp picks.

Brown has been valuable for a 6th round pick. Hopefully, he can yield a 5th round comp pick. It wouldn't make any sense to cut him now just for 1 million in cap savings.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that's why I don't understand all the hate for Dak.

He is producing 10x more than he is getting compensated for.

It's like Dak is the CEO of a company and the least paid, while the mid-level employees are getting paid 4 times as much.

Once he gets his big contract all the criticism will be understandable when he is getting paid the big bucks.

But for now, $2million a year is a steal.
Some fans have no idea how tough it is. Some fans talk outta their butts because they don't know a dang thing about football or because they want to stir the pot or just because they are idiots. Just they way I like to stir the pot every time I say Garrett sucks. We're lucky to have Dak, who else would we have right now? I would have loved if Romo could have stayed healthy and played another 5 years, he couldn't and he didn't. So, yes! We are stuck with Dak and we are lucky to have him.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao like paying him a **** load of money is making us better. Cowboy fan or a Dak fan. Yep give him a boat load of money, lets see who we have to get rid of because your boy has to get paid. Heck we have an extra 11 million, give that too him.. Time for him to play without a defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
lmao like paying him a **** load of money is making us better. Cowboy fan or a Dak fan. Yep give him a boat load of money, lets see who we have to get rid of because your boy has to get paid. Heck we have an extra 11 million, give that too him.. Time for him to play without a defense.
you mean like against the rams, sure the same no defense for Dak two playoffs now ..lmao so what will change :)

BTW who gave him boat load of money, he earned that VIA NFL league stipulation not Cowboy Bonus..he will eventually get a real raise and for sure a boat load but I agree it cant be outrageous..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you mean like against the rams, sure the same no defense for Dak two playoffs now ..lmao so what will change :)

BTW who gave him boat load of money, he earned that VIA NFL league stipulation not Cowboy Bonus..he will eventually get a real raise and for sure a boat load but I agree it cant be outrageous..
not this raise, the one next year that will destroy the team "we have to have ole shaky".. I'd be acquiring first round pick for Trevor Lawrence when he comes out.

and I'd pay Zeke before him, one carries the team, the other is dragged behind the bus.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes, it is, he is a tremendous bargain player and part of the "hate" stems from Romolovers or he's just not the guy some posters want. I think his rookie season really works against him and too many think he should have improved from there instead of looking at that soph season as his real rookie season because that's when he was really asked to be a NFL QB.

J12, what do you think this forum would have looked like with Don Meredith, the Morton-Staubach duel, Danny White and Aikman's first couple of years, think there would have been some Steve Walsh fans? I would love for this to have existed during Aikman's rook season as we've never seen a QB go through what he did. He would have been the Cowboys worst draft pick ever by a lot of posters.

I had hoped they would let Prescott's contract play out but it looks like they'll move forward while simultaneously having a HC in a contract year and a rookie OC, what can possibly go wrong with this?:cool:

You are painting with a fairly broad brush, my friend. I thought the world of Romo and I am not a Dak hater. I realize you know this, but not everyone falls into that category. They are not mutually exclusive concepts.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
He's played great in his 3 playoff games. None of those losses had to do with him.

The GB loss in 2016 and the Rams loss this year were on the defense.
Dak and the offense came out flat in the GB game. If they hadn't we may have won it. Once he warmed up and got going he was great. That seems to be a habit of Garrett's teams coming off a bye though.

rags747

Reaction score
And that's why I don't understand all the hate for Dak.

He is producing 10x more than he is getting compensated for.

It's like Dak is the CEO of a company and the least paid, while the mid-level employees are getting paid 4 times as much.

Once he gets his big contract all the criticism will be understandable when he is getting paid the big bucks.

But for now, $2million a year is a steal.
You get what you pay for usually.