Prescott earns 1.3 million dollar raise

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Dak Prescott earned a raise of $1.3 million in 2019 under the proven-performance escalator for playing in more than 35 percent of the snaps in two of his first three seasons, according to NFLPA figures. Prescott was set to make $720,000 in the final year of his rookie deal but will now make $2.02 million unless he and the team are able to reach an agreement on a long-term deal this offseason. Defensive tackle Maliek Collins and cornerback Anthony Brown also earned the escalator and will make $2.02 million in 2019.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

I bet it stung to post that you ole codger, baby steps....:clap:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
And that's why I don't understand all the hate for Dak.

He is producing 10x more than he is getting compensated for.

It's like Dak is the CEO of a company and the least paid, while the mid-level employees are getting paid 4 times as much.

Once he gets his big contract all the criticism will be understandable when he is getting paid the big bucks.

But for now, $2million a year is a steal.

But the point is there's only 1 CEO running that company. No Fortune 500 company is gloating about their bargain basement, above average CEO. Everyone would happily pay enormous amounts for a better one. It's not about the efficiency of Dak to his contract, it's about every other QB who's made it further since 2016, regardless of pay.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And that's why I don't understand all the hate for Dak.

He is producing 10x more than he is getting compensated for.

It's like Dak is the CEO of a company and the least paid, while the mid-level employees are getting paid 4 times as much.

Once he gets his big contract all the criticism will be understandable when he is getting paid the big bucks.

But for now, $2million a year is a steal.
Nobody's more concerned about how much he's getting paid than they are about whether or not he can get this team to the promised land.

J12B

Reaction score
Nobody's more concerned about how much he's getting paid than they are about whether or not he can get this team to the promised land.

He's played great in his 3 playoff games. None of those losses had to do with him.

The GB loss in 2016 and the Rams loss this year were on the defense.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Well that’s partially true. If we pay too much that will leave us at a deficit in other areas.. If I’m Jerry I ride the rookie deal till his performance commands more money.. If he balls out in 2019 he might get a deal by mid season...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What impact does it have as far as cap room?

@AdamJT13 ?

I know there's the "likely-to-be-earned" bonuses that teams have to account for. Just curious how these performance bonuses work.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
This was for playing time. That's it.

He's still the weakest link on the offense.
lol, yea, stats certainly support that wishful hypothesis......you guys are something else.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score

:lmao: right bro lol funny stuff heres the real list for weakest offensive link 2018

LG
RT
TEs
Back up RB
Coaches ie Linehan and Garett
Fullback

2nd row

Beasly,hurns, and other Wrs and backups

3rd row meaning not even close

Dak, Amari, Gallup, Smith, Martin ,and Zeke

Relaity is different from haters view

they all need to grow and get better but no way Daks our weak link

what actuall kept us from the NFCCG

DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's played great in his 3 playoff games. None of those losses had to do with him.

The GB loss in 2016 and the Rams loss this year were on the defense.
I wouldn't say GREAT, but if you want to say well, I agree. While he could have been better, he didn't get much help from his offense. Too many drops, crap running game, etc.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well that’s partially true. If we pay too much that will leave us at a deficit in other areas.. If I’m Jerry I ride the rookie deal till his performance commands more money.. If he balls out in 2019 he might get a deal by mid season...
Absolutely. I'm not saying I'm not concerned with his pay, just that if he earns his money, I'll back him.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Currently waiting for the comments that will come in and say "Too much! We need to save that money on something else!" "Dak doesn't deserve it!" "Dak is a backup at best and only deserves 500,000!" Anyone wanna bet this will happen on page 3 or less?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Lol.....he sure wasn’t in that Rams game. He looked better than his defense, coaches and running back...weak link of the offense.....with the tight ends and offensive line looking like it did? Weaker then Cooper Williams? Yikes.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Haven’t we paid enough already for our mistakes?

(Sorry. Thought it was time somebody throw a stink bomb in here.)