Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100 million a year ...... No lower

Dak deserves it ...... I saw a Kurt WArner video that confirms it.

Best QB in the league ....... 3 years with 12 wins ....... 12 heckin wins!!!!

5 year contract, 100 million a year ...... 500 million guaranteed

Done.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
100 million a year ...... No lower

Dak deserves it ...... I saw a Kurt WArner video that confirms it.

Best QB in the league ....... 3 years with 12 wins ....... 12 heckin wins!!!!

5 year contract, 100 million a year ...... 500 million guaranteed

Done.
Damn Z now you've done it...your like list has been compromised and soap wont wash that off.....

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn Z now you've done it...your like list has been compromised and soap wont wash that off.....
Dang lost another one ehh?
Not many of you Dak Davidians are left here............oh well you can thank only Dak I guess. :muttley:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dang lost another one ehh?
Not many of you Dak Davidians are left here............oh well you can thank only Dak I guess. :muttley:
Whats a Dak Davidians..is that a play on a horrible event that happened to women and children who were killed in a cult compound? hmmm... i guess some would laugh at that....like i said soap cant wash that off..

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You made a BIG deal about it and got emotional.
No I didn’t. You did. That’s why you keep repeating what you already said several times and did so once again. You think it’s some big accomplishment that Dak was the QB who beat an 8-9 team with Brady on it. Unlike you, I think it means little to nothing, whether it would’ve been Staubach, Aikman, or Romo as the QB who did it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No I didn’t. You did. That’s why you keep repeating what you already said several times and did so once again. You think it’s some big accomplishment that Dak was the QB who beat an 8-9 team with Brady on it. Unlike you, I think it means little to nothing, whether it would’ve been Staubach, Aikman, or Romo as the QB who did it.
Yes you did and you won’t let it go. :rolleyes: This all started with you. I made a simple comment and you got emotional over it. I’m repeating what I said because nothing seems to sink into your head. I don’t care who our QB was in the playoffs against Tampa in 2022. It was a big accomplishment beating Brady on the road. He could still play. He passed for almost 4700 yards that season and put up 350 yards and two TDs against us. He already beat us once that season at home. You’re full of it if you think a playoff win means little regardless the opponent. The previous week we got our butts handed to us on the road by a bad Washington team that was being led by a rookie QB making their first NFL start. Howell’s first NFL pass was a TD. Many Cowboys fans didn’t even think we would beat Tampa the following week after that embarrassing debacle. We’ve covered this enough. Take my advice and let it go. :thumbup:

starfan1

Reaction score
Yes you did and you won’t let it go. :rolleyes: This all started with you. I made a simple comment and you got emotional over it. I’m repeating what I said because nothing seems to sink into your head. I don’t care who our QB was in the playoffs against Tampa in 2022. It was a big accomplishment beating Brady on the road. You’re full of it if you think a playoff win means little regardless the opponent. The previous week we got our butts handed to us on the road by a bad Washington team that was being led by a rookie QB making their first NFL start. Howell’s first NFL pass was a TD. Many Cowboys fans didn’t even think we would beat Tampa the following week after that embarrassing debacle. We played to win that game with our starters and laid an egg. Take my advice and let it go. :thumbup:
A team that handed them their arses week 1 as well. these folks use anything they can to diminish the teams accomplish so they can push their narrative

erod

Reaction score
Had they absolutely sucked they wouldn’t have made the playoffs. They won one fewer game than Green Bay did last season and they beat us in the opener at home. They lost in a shootout to KC scoring 31 points. Some of you will do anything to downplay that win and Dak’s performance.
LOL, they finished the season with a losing record and still won their division. Their offense was dreadful.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yes you did and you won’t let it go. :rolleyes:
Uhh no. I’m not going to let it go because it’s a straight up lie.

This was my first post in the thread:

“This is silly. QBs don’t play each other. The QB plays against the defense of the other team.”

If you think that’s emotional, you’re a clown.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A team that handed them their arses week 1 as well. these folks use anything they can to diminish the teams accomplish so they can push their narrative
They handed it to us pretty good in the opener, and Dak had possibly the worst game of his career. He ended up having arguably the best game of his career in the playoff game against them.

starfan1

Reaction score
They handed it to us pretty good in the opener, and Dak had possibly the worst game of his career. He ended up having arguably the best game of his career in the playoff game against them.
whole team played bad fournette carved us up like a thanksgiving turkey. I think they gave up 170 yards rushing or something like that. OL gave up 4 sacks and even though dak only was picked once he played bad and was not himself. I cant remember for sure but I was thinking we wer down a starter on the line but I cant remember which one. Maybe Tyron

Sully

Reaction score

Disagree..... Signing Dak ( or any QB at $60M+) is a lose/lose for any team

We already know Dak needs players around him for even the little success he has for the regular season and even less in the playoffs. So you pay any QB, that kind of contract, the team has to cut other players in order to fit that contract into a TEAM salary cap. So if Dak couldn't get it don't now, how is he going to have better success with lesser players. And lets not forget how Cowboys fans were annoyed with Jerry doing nothing in FA. That will be MORE of the norm paying not just Dak, but then throw in Lamb/Parsons and you care cutting more players. Depending on UDFA and the draft. Forget FA all together.

That is why I say trade at least Lamb or Parson so to get draft capital back and not just let them walk. I am more for trading Parson because WRs have a lesser chance ( I say lesser ) of injury. So to keep Lamb on the field

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have to believe that if Dak goes into the season without a new deal his agent will change the contract demands to reflect the projected cap in 2025. Then you're probably looking at $65M+
+ no trade no tag clauses, 4 yr deal, 200 mil G
Dak should just wait till march now.

Funny how few weeks ago it was lamb who was the priority, and now it is dak!
LOL these are just bozo's who dont know anything that are doing click bait stuff.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You don't need leverage to ask for anything. Leverage means you can force the other party to accept your terms. They obviously do not have that.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s part of his leverage. If the Cowboys let him walk, they get nothing in return.
Wrong.............they dish a need-to-be-carried QB that they have wasted 2 talent pools and 8 seasons with only 2 playoff wins to show.
Cowboys WIN baby................
P.S. And Jerry finally knows this...........hence NO extension!!!

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Must be the agent talking….Dak said he doesn’t even play for money; just for the love of losing big games.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
im legit at the point where it doesnt matter, i dont care anymore

we could sign him for $3.50 then theyll blow it and give osa $30m/yr saying hes the next russel maryland and then penny pinch the rest

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Hell yes we hope they don’t make the same mistake they made in 2020 which y’all all said we would see when it happened. Well all I see is zero playoff success and 5 years gone to nothing
Yup.

Zero ROI in the playoffs.

Plus we still have $100+ million in dead cap over 2024-26 because of Daks last contract.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yup.

Zero ROI in the playoffs.

Plus we still have $100+ million in dead cap over 2024-26 because of Daks last contract.
I remember all the Dak fans claiming that contract was going to be a deal. Today we sit around looking at that contract like a piece of Lutefisk....no one wants any part of it and no one wants to even touch it.