Prescott hasn't touched base with CeeDee Lamb yet

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't give a crap what the technicalities are. If YOUR COMPANY offers you a contract...and you do not sign it...

YOU ARE HOLDING OUT.

You are free to live in your little Dak love bubble.
Whether a person defines it as holding out or not doesn't really matter. It's a contract negotiation either way, and neither side is obligated to give in to the other.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether you define it as holding out or not doesn't really matter. It's a contract negotiation either way, and neither side is obligated to give in to the other.

I never said anything otherwise. Why are you arguing with me about something i never said?

All I said is if you do not sign an offered contract...ANY contract- it could be for a home buyer......you are "holding out".

Definitions matter. It's how we communicate.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said anything otherwise. Why are you arguing with me about something i never said?

All I said is if you do not sign an offered contract...ANY contract- it could be for a home buyer......you are "holding out".

Definitions matter. It's how we communicate.
I wasn't arguing, I was trying to settle the argument you guys were arguing about whether to call it a "hold out" or not by indicating it doesn't really matter what anyone chooses to call it, the situation is the same either way.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Holdout - Definition:

noun
an act or instance of holding out.
a person who delays signing a contract in hopes of gaining more favorable terms:The basketball star was a holdout until they offered more money.
a person who declines to participate, cooperate, agree, etc.:Aside from one or two holdouts, everyone contributed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't arguing, I was trying to settle the argument you guys were arguing about whether to call it a "hold out" or not by indicating it doesn't really matter what anyone chooses to call it, the situation is the same either way.
Okay fine. Not sure why you choose ME then to make your point.
"Holding out" and "contract negotiations" = same thing.

That's what I am not "arguing" about. I do think that there is a distinction between "contract negotiations" and refusing a contract. We should acknowledge that and hopefully find out why.

cern

Reaction score
lots of semantics being bandied about. the reason dak can be considered a holdout is because he hasn't signed a contract. he hasn't signed a contract because he wants a more favorable deal for himself. to be half empty, the glass must have first been full. to be half full, the glass must have first been empty. but in the end, the level of liquid in the glass will be at the mid point.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay fine. Not sure why you choose ME then to make your point.
"Holding out" and "contract negotiations" = same thing.

That's what I am not "arguing" about. I do think that there is a distinction between "contract negotiations" and refusing a contract. We should acknowledge that and hopefully find out why.

lol - you are a very paranoid guy. That's two consecutive posts suggesting I'm picking on you.

I didn't choose you, I just went with the chronology, and yours was the most recent post I saw in your argument over what to call what Dak is doing.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak, will be QB, and whiners will pick out every error, mistake. Blame QB, for every loss, and complain, complain, complain. Holding out, didn't talk to CeeDee, had a gathering, worked out with Dez, is not named Brady, Rogers, Brees, etc.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's true, but it ultimately does come down to the owners not wanting to spend the money because the reason the salary cap exists is because the owners wanted to limit player salaries. And the owners are lucky they are allowed to do that because in an unrestricted open market environment players would have more leverage. Other industries don't have the luxury of being able to put a cap on salaries.
Other industries don't have to. When they hire someone, generally they aren't trying to find an employee who can beat their competitors. They're just looking for someone who can do the job they were hired to do satisfactorily.

cern

Reaction score
Other industries don't have to. When they hire someone, generally they aren't trying to find an employee who can beat their competitors. They're just looking for someone who can do the job they were hired to do satisfactorily.
fermilab always tried to hire cern's best away. cern tried to hire fermilab's best away. the competition to find the boson was a bit of a cold war.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
fermilab always tried to hire cern's best away. cern tried to hire fermilab's best away. the competition to find the boson was a bit of a cold war.
Well okay, there are exceptions. That's why I used the word "generally". But I can easily see where a field like quantum mechanics would look for the absolute best available scientists...After all, we don't want Earth being sucked into a black hope of our own creation!
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:

JReed1000

Reaction score
Why is this Crappy thread still Alive? Who cares but these anal nothing to do armchair trolls. That's what training camp is for. Unless you got Daks phone log shut up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why is this Crappy thread still Alive? Who cares but these anal nothing to do armchair trolls. That's what training camp is for. Unless you got Daks phone log shut up.
You're right. Only team members and people who agree with you should be allowed to post.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true with many industries, but not all. There can be plenty of competition among firms for high quality lawyers, doctors, engineers, scientists etc … Drug manufacturers are looking to beat their competitors in discovering new medicines, research people are trying to beat their competitors to develop new products, and clearly these days tech companies have a lot of pressure to stay ahead of the competition because with the rapid changes a company can get crushed by the competition if it doesn't.

But even with lower paying jobs, in an area where unemployment is low and there is a shortage of people to work in fast food, for example, companies sometimes have to pay much higher salaries than they want to so they can compete for that kind of labor. And there is no ceiling except what each particular employer chooses on his own - the fast food industry doesn't have a cap the employer can use to keep the overall price of labor down across the industry. I've seen this in the area where I live where high pay in the oil fields takes away a lot of the workforce that might otherwise work in an industry like fast food, and fast food restaurants have to pay $20/hour or more to get people to distribute burgers and fries through a window in the side of the building. When oil prices are strong it's very common for restaurants to close off half of the dining area because they don't have enough servers to handle the whole building, and they have to pay much higher prices than they are comfortable with to keep the servers they have.

That said, I get the owner's side too. NFL owners are trying to make as much as they can, which is also part of a free market economy. The incentive to be a business owner is to make money after all. So, it just comes down to the age old question of how to divvy up the proceeds between employer and employee.

cern

Reaction score
Well okay, there are exceptions. That's why I used the word "generally". But I can easily see where a field like quantum mechanics would look for the absolute best available scientists...After all, we don't want Earth being sucked into a black hope of our own creation!
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:
The black hole hoopla is a myth. Surprisingly many believed it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

hes the QB.

hes NOT doing his job.

he wants more money and he’s holding out.

none of the work is getting done.

BTW, where are all the #ZekeHaters ? They should be hating on Dak.