Twitter: Prescott: I don't necessarily feel like I'm in a slump

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Didn't actually watch his press conference, but read some quotes. Always the same the same thing. He always starts with the team needs to player better, then will semi acknowledge his play, then plays the victim. Anyone keeping count that is not how a leader acts, so I'm thinking his leadership qualities may be a little manufactured. I feel terribly for the guy in his personal life. Truly terrible the stuff he's gone through. But, professionally, no one should be feeling bad for him. He's been given every chance available a good/great offense to play on a huge contract that is above his skill grade. The professional victim card he plays is just silly and I'm sure most can see right through that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Didn't actually watch his press conference, but read some quotes. Always the same the same thing. He always starts with the team needs to player better, then will semi acknowledge his play, then plays the victim. Anyone keeping count that is not how a leader acts, so I'm thinking his leadership qualities may be a little manufactured. I feel terribly for the guy in his personal life. Truly terrible the stuff he's gone through. But, professionally, no one should be feeling bad for him. He's been given every chance available a good/great offense to play on a huge contract that is above his skill grade. The professional victim card he plays is just silly and I'm sure most can see right through that.
If you think Dak is a good leader then you thought Jason Garrett was a good leader.

It's that simple really. They're the same person. They speak exactly the same.

I believe the "victim mentality" he's going for now is just another example of the real Dak shining through. Everything is somebody else fault to him. That's why he's still trying to chase the ghost of that 2016 season. We're in year 6 and Dak's best season is still his rookie season. When you have the "victim mentality" like Dak you're never going to get better because everything is always other people fault.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
If you think Dak is a good leader then you thought Jason Garrett was a good leader.

It's that simple really. They're the same person. They speak exactly the same.

I believe the "victim mentality" he's going for now is just another example of the real Dak shining through. Everything is somebody else fault to him. That's why he's still trying to chase the ghost of that 2016 season. We're in year 6 and Dak's best season is still his rookie season. When you have the "victim mentality" like Dak you're never going to get better because everything is always other people fault.

He also has Garrett to thank for that contract. He should be taking Jason to lots of dinners and movies.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He also has Garrett to thank for that contract. He should be taking Jason to lots of dinners and movies.
I honestly believe the injury and when it happened was the best thing to happen for him contract wise.

This year has proven that Dak cannot sustain a high level of play for very long. His 2020 season would have taken the same route as this year, plus injuries with Martin and Smith on the O-line, AND a horrible defense not being able to pick up his slack would have made 2020 a disaster year for Dak. I wonder how the contract talks would have played out if Dak didn't get hurt while he was putting up big numbers in losing efforts but instead played out the season and regressed to where he always ends up?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
so, for like 5 of the last 6 weeks you stand at the podium and say you aren't playing up to your standards and that you have to play better .... but that isn't a slump. very interesting.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
so, for like 5 of the last 6 weeks you stand at the podium and say you aren't playing up to your standards and that you have to play better .... but that isn't a slump. very interesting.

He's not in a slump, it's just all the other players that suck. Yeah, that's the ticket!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's not in a slump, it's just all the other players that suck. Yeah, that's the ticket!

It's mostly the coaching, imho. Just for example, how many times are the Cowboys going to pass the ball to the receiver standing near the sideline? They make yards on that play about 10% of the time, MAYBE. Most times the receiver has to juke his way past a defender, or if he has blockers, the blockers are totally ineffective. Have seen one defender slice through THREE blockers and make the tackle.

Whoever teaches wide receiver or tight end blocking should be fired.

Or they throw a short pass to Zeke or Schultz while they are running directly to the sideline, so that once they catch the pass they have to slow up and get their shoulders turned upfield, which before they can do so a defender is right on them.

I know Stephen doesn't want Dak to run, but geez, if there's 20 yards of empty field before him why can't he run 10 and just slide? Keeps the defense backed up a bit, but noooooooooooo, Dak stands back there until there's 3 defenders all over him.

On defense, on nearly every pass play, when playing a right handed quarterback, the left DE slices inside, leaving the entire right flat wide open, even a slow-footed quarterback like Brady is free to slip out there and buy time to find a receiver, or run for a first down, and a speedy quarterback doesn't encounter a defender until he's 15 yards down field.

Guess Moore and Quinn are telling players in games "Just go out there, hang around and sooner or later the defensive player will fall down, or screw up the coverage, and we'll gain yards!, or sooner or later the offensive player will run the wrong pattern, and whoo boy! we'll stop them for no gain on 1st and 10? (Of course that won't happen on 2nd and 10 and the offense will get a td or gain 30 yards, but hey! it wasn't a touchdown!

Thanks for letting me vent....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Well your load of BS is on the way.
:laugh:
@johneric8 Father Christmas be shoveling
th

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
When a QB with a career 97.4 rating has a rating of 75.5 over his last 4 games he is in the literal definition of a slump.

I was just thinking this same thing. A slump simply means you are not playing as well as usual. It doesn't by definition explain why.

cowboynut

Reaction score
Dak will thrive in a game like this tomorrow with an inferior team. Then he will think he’s back and some of us will.