Video: Prescott lighting up the defense with Cooks

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed that as well about him. I don't know what he means by "Dak over Dallas" fans. I'm cheering for the Cowboys, and Dak is the QB. So, naturally, the better Dak does, the better the Cowboys do. So, naturally, I'd want Dak to do well while he's the QB of the Cowboys. It's only logical.
They would love him/her in a Pigeons bar

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They would love him/her in a Pigeons bar

*Shrugs* I don't know. I just think that the "player over team" thing is incredibly stupid. It makes no sense. Obviously, I've cheered on this team before any of these players were on the team, and I'll be cheering on the Cowboys long after they've retired. That said, I'd naturally like the players on this team because they play for the Cowboys. It's as simple as that.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
*Shrugs* I don't know. I just think that the "player over team" thing is incredibly stupid. It makes no sense. Obviously, I've cheered on this team before any of these players were on the team, and I'll be cheering on the Cowboys long after they've retired. That said, I'd naturally like the players on this team because they play for the Cowboys. It's as simple as that.
It's the same when they say they don't care about stats. If the stats are good, usually the team is doing good. So good stats is a good thing. If it's always super bowl or bust like these fans claim, then they only had 5 good years or 3. I would say that's pretty miserable.

NotForLong

Reaction score
You are missing the point of the Label . . . Dark over Dallas bash the whole team in order to deny any of Dam's wrong doings . . .

These Posters rip the whole team. For example . . . Mention Dak's Role in San Fran and they will bring up Diggs . . . Mention Dak's struggles and they throw Moore under the Bus . . . Mention Dak's struggles on 3rd and Short and they say Zeke is too slow . . . How many times have I heard Dak being pressured is a result of a porous offensive line or WRs inability to get open. . . . Some were so soured on Lamb they were ready to dump Him . . . etc . . . etc

NotForLong

Reaction score
It's the same when they say they don't care about stats. If the stats are good, usually the team is doing good. So good stats is a good thing. If it's always super bowl or bust like these fans claim, then they only had 5 good years or 3. I would say that's pretty miserable.
You are being disingenuous . . . You know what the argument is when it comes to stats

Momanpr100

Reaction score
You are missing the point of the Label . . . Dark over Dallas bash the whole team in order to deny any of Dam's wrong doings . . .

These Posters rip the whole team. For example . . . Mention Dak's Role in San Fran and they will bring up Diggs . . . Mention Dak's struggles and they throw Moore under the Bus . . . Mention Dak's struggles on 3rd and Short and they say Zeke is too slow . . . How many times have I heard Dak being pressured is a result of a porous offensive line or WRs inability to get open. . . . Some were so soured on Lamb they were ready to dump Him . . . etc . . . etc
Or you can view it as the whole team shares the blame. If a fan only sees the Qb, then that fan is a casual, simple as that. Not one player on the team is above blame, but all share equal blame in the loss, that's team sports.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Or you can view it as the whole team shares the blame. If a fan only sees the Qb, then that fan is a casual, simple as that. Not one player on the team is above blame, but all share equal blame in the loss, that's team sports.
Straw man

They will not put 1 ounce of blame on Dak . . . And in every perceived criticism they throw the Blame on someone us . . . every single time

Similar to what you are doing now

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Straw man

They will not put 1 ounce of blame on Dak . . . And in every perceived criticism they throw the Blame on someone us . . . every single time

Similar to what you are doing now
It's not a strawman when I'm saying the team shares equal blame, that includes the Qb. Your argument is a strawman cause you want all the blame on the Qb. Like it or not Mahommes wasn't the sole reason for winning the Sb, and the same for Brady and the same for every other Qb. Everybody hates T.O. but he said it perfectly when defending Romo.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
1. Well, first of all, I’m not trying to give the impression Dak is “lighting up defenses” in training camp and because of this “impression”, the regular season spells a new Dak, as the OC that caused him to lead the league in INTs is no longer here.

2. Those other QBs have won SBs and didn’t lead the league in INTs in 11 games played either..
1.You're trying to give the opposite impression by highlighting one of the very few bad passes Dak has had in camp. If you're not trying to give that impression, analyze the good passes also since there's plenty to choose from.

2. I just thought you liked breaking down qb's bad throws, which is why I asked your opinion on Rodgers and Mahomes throws. Which you never gave by the way, you just posted their resumes... like it matters in this situation.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
1.You're trying to give the opposite impression by highlighting one of the very few bad passes Dak has had in camp. If you're not trying to give that impression, analyze the good passes also since there's plenty to choose from.

2. I just thought you liked breaking down qb's bad throws, which is why I asked your opinion on Rodgers and Mahomes throws. Which you never gave by the way, you just posted their resumes... like it matters in this situation.
You're tryna have a discussion with someone who prides themselves by saying they a legend on this board. He can't even make it as a middle school football coach, but we are sure blessed by his football acumen. That last part was sarcasm.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I mean, I will critique Dak when necessary, but there are times where other players get fault where it's their fault too.

NotForLong

Reaction score
It's not a strawman when I'm saying the team shares equal blame, that includes the Qb. Your argument is a strawman cause you want all the blame on the Qb. Like it or not Mahommes wasn't the sole reason for winning the Sb, and the same for Brady and the same for every other Qb. Everybody hates T.O. but he said it perfectly when defending Romo.
You are being obtuse . . .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For one, you can reference the article published in Dallas News, “Ex Cowboy Darren Woodson: When Tony Romo first came in as rookie, he was already the best QB on the team”.

To quote,

As far as doesn’t practice well, I didn’t say Woodson said it, as he wasn’t on the team nor was he observing, nor did anybody think he was ever better than Tony Romo. Jerry would say he doesn’t practice well, but shows up in game day.
Yes, Jerry did say that many years ago (I believe 2017). It's the way you worded it that made me believe Woodson said that. What's what happened back in 2017 got anything to do today? As usual, you pick things from many years ago to prop up Romo while bashing Dak. Look at the results? Dak has won as many playoff games in 7 years as Romo ever did (2) in 10 starting years, plus Dak did since his rookie year what Romo never did (throw for 300+ yards, 3+ TDs and bring the team back from being 18 points down halfway through the 2nd quarter to only tie the divisional playoff game with 35 seconds left in regulation). Plus, Dak helped the team break a 30 year old franchise drought by beating a playoff opponent away at the opponent's place, something Romo was never able to do.

So no matter what Woodson or Jerry said, Dak has been the more successful QB come playoffs than what Romo ever accomplished.

*drop mic*

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I mean, that makes no sense either. I mean, yes, if a player deserves to be critiqued, then critique them. But, if they do well, then they should be credited for a good play.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"Dont be posting good video's of our players in training camp on this Cowboys fan forum, we aint gonna stand for it".. what is wrong with some of you..its a TC video showing the QB and the NEW WR getting connected.. how is this bad to a Cowboys fan?