Video: Prescott lighting up the defense with Cooks

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The addition of Cooks, and I think probably two of the UDFAs, is going to be a big deal for Dallas this year.

My two surprise cuts, which is subject to change upon further review, are Fehoko and Turpin. I think we can do better and improve upon these two players.

It's strange, because I've done a complete 180 on these two in a year's time.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Theres something wonky about the camera angles thats being fed to us . Everyone looks small. I watched maybe a hundred videos of Deuce after we drafted him to see how big he was and what he looked like on the field. I didnt think he looked tiny tiny.
But he looks like a midget in these clips. His helmet looks as big as he is.
Ill go with the tape from the college games as the barometer.
Oh yeah, he's like a water bug Canada. I watched him in college and he looked tiny then. But now? Yikes.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Theres something wonky about the camera angles thats being fed to us . Everyone looks small. I watched maybe a hundred videos of Deuce after we drafted him to see how big he was and what he looked like on the field. I didnt think he looked tiny tiny.
But he looks like a midget in these clips. His helmet looks as big as he is.
Ill go with the tape from the college games as the barometer.
Go with whatever you want. Word on the street is he's 5'5''.

It's not as concerning with him, though, because he's built, and his low center allows for him to be more shifty, which is part of his game.

khiladi

Reaction score
1.You're trying to give the opposite impression by highlighting one of the very few bad passes Dak has had in camp. If you're not trying to give that impression, analyze the good passes also since there's plenty to choose from.

2. I just thought you liked breaking down qb's bad throws, which is why I asked your opinion on Rodgers and Mahomes throws. Which you never gave by the way, you just posted their resumes... like it matters in this situation.

I don’t have to give an impression, because Dak is in year 8 and these picks are the same type of picks he’s always throws. “I’m not even going to bother to look and throw it”…

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned that era plenty of times, as my analysis regarding those seasons and the offense were spot on back then too. I’m a legend on this forum.
you are a legend in your own mind on this forum. that's for sure.

there are a few other things you are a legend on this forum, but there are a few young folks on this board and we can't mention it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A bad season from the Cowboys accomplishes two wonderful things.

Dak looks bad and the chances of moving on is increased drastically and Dak over Dallas fans meltdown all season providing entertainment to make up for the bad season.
ahhh, the leader of the Bash Dak over Dallas Cult. wishing the cowboys lose than succeed with Dak. openly. so if Dallas gets to the superbowl with Dak, what will you do? it will be quite an entertainment to make up for all the years of BS folks on this board have had to put up with.

and your next comment is going to be "do you want to account bet?"

predictable. or did I just derail you from your next predictable move :)\

btw, how do you think your eagles looking this year? its tough to get back to the superbowl back to back years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The problem is you won’t show up to be laughed at.

The thing I’ve learned about Dak over Dallas fans is that when the Cowboys are down, or Dak plays bad, they stay away from this place.
way too funny, that most of last season you disappeared everytime we won with Dak. I mean completely disappear.
are you trying to call yourself out?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The only downside to the quicker throws is that if the read is wrong the ball is going to hit a defender in the chest. There is far less time for the route combinations to develop and far fewer post-snap route changes. It simplifies the process from an offensive standpoint but it also holds true for the defense. The good news is that two things should improve for the offense this year. 1) It should be far less predictable and formulaic than it had been under Moore and Garrett. There are 9 possible base routes for a receiver to run and up 5 receivers on the field at a time. That is 9 to the 5th power route combinations. No need to trick it up with all the option routes Moore used to feature just call one of the 59000+ combinations and dare the defense to guess the right ones and then 2) The receivers are quite simply better. Better receivers = more separation and fewer perfectly thrown balls being batted to the defense ..
I think everybody is a little confused or misunderstand the new offense. as MM said, 70% is not changing and WCO doesn't mean that most of the throws are short passes and its fully relying on RAC yards in passing game. there is elements of the offense that will change. and there is no pure this offense or that offense any more. its all blended. I think what we will see is different pre-snap movement and few more short passes in crossing patterns and quick hitch throws. Billicheck didn't run a WCO, but Brady made a living with those short passes to Welker and Edleman. made them a lot of money too. also, people think quicker throws is mainly to get the QB not to have to read the defense, where in reality its also forcing the defense into certain formations and not allowing them to adjust. its pressuring the defense more so than reducing the reads. got Montana and Young to bunch of suprbowls.

and I think the biggest change we will see is in route combinations called on a given play to attack the 9 passing zones with different combinations that forces the defense to make decisions and allow the QB to attack what the defense gives him. Moore wasn't very good with that and often tried to run WRs in the same area, trying to confuse the defense, which often failed. that approach greatly depends on perfect execution as opposed to attacking the defense and creating opportunities and taking what's there.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Uh no..

1. Jason Garrett was not allowed to touch play-calling after 2013, even though to start 2013 he was stripped of play calling. Dak Prescott didn’t play one down with Jason Garrett as an OC, Scott Linehan was the OC and had complete control of the offense. In fact, Dallas with Dak Prescott went to third in play action usage, while with Jason Garrett with Romo, they were traditionally bottom of the barrel along with bottom of the league in rushing attempts when all was said and done, just like when Garrett went to NY and was fired in about a year and a half. It would have been halfway into his first season calling plays of Joe Judge had his way, but Garrett was connected to Mara through his father going way back. That’s the only reason he got a job after the Cowboys anyways.

2. Sean Payton was never the OC in Dallas in the 2 years he was here,he was QB coach and a passing game coordinator. Tony Sparano coached the OL and RG. Parcells offense here was actually a conservative version of the Erhardt-Perkins.

You don’t even know what your talking about.
Romo was one of the biggest chokers in Cowboys history. you need to come to terms with that. he got pushed to the bench by a better QB and forced to retire because nobody else would give him a chance.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t have to give an impression, because Dak is in year 8 and these picks are the same type of picks he’s always throws. “I’m not even going to bother to look and throw it”…
one thing for sure, proven for years now. after cowboys win, you will disappear. and that's going to happen more often than not.

btw, you were tooting your horns on Dalton. promised. guaranteed that he would take the offense to the next level. I wonder what happened to your red headed wonder boy?