Twitter: Prescott to sign franchise tender

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Quit the childish name calling. You are right on this point, but that doesn’t mean he’s lying or trolling. It may just mean he believes something that is incorrect.
The guy slobbers too much.

phildadon86

Reaction score
40-24 wasn’t enough the last 4 years to generate respect for Garrett which team record is a HC’s stat.
None. Because it’s a group thing. Just like win records aren’t a quarterback stat. Wins and losses are a cumulative stat of everyone involved. However I do believe that the team was winning in spite of Garrett and I’m not going to get into a debate with 1 of the 3 remaining Jason Garrett fans on this board. If you love the guy so much. Go support the giants. You wouldn’t even have to change your name. It works perfectly

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To those thinking he plays under the tag this year and signs a deal next year is going against history.

Only twice has a QB played under the tag, and each time they signed a long term deal with ANOTHER team. Brees and Cousins.
Not worried about next year right now. And neither is Prescott. It’s the same thing since he’s come in the league. I played one season at a time prove myself pay me. It’s never been about the money. It’s been about proving himself and then the money

12+88=7

Reaction score
Goodbye Andy. I think the rookie going to beat him out

If that was the case Dalton never would have been signed. DiNucci would have beat out Rush and you're back at square one.

DiNucci will be on the practice squad this year.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If that was the case Dalton never would have been signed. DiNucci would have beat out Rush and you're back at square one.

DiNucci will be on the practice squad this year.
My reply was Andy being the starter. I guess I didn’t make it clear enough We always knew Prescott was going to sign. Dalton was just the cheapest back up we could get. And then goodbye rush when that happened. I still think the rookie can beat out Dalton

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think only 2 QBs have ever played on the tag at all.
I think the bigger point is if a QB plays on the Tag it’s unlikely the team extends them.

Most QB’s are extended before the deadline. If Dak isn’t extended before July 15th this could be it unless we Tag him again next year.

And of course there’s also the Good possibility we don’t have a season and the negotiations continue playing out.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the bigger point is if a QB plays on the Tag it’s unlikely the team extends them.

Most QB’s are extended before the deadline. If Dak isn’t extended before July 15th this could be it unless we Tag him again next year.

And of course there’s also the Good possibility we don’t have a season and the negotiations continue playing out.
Prescott’s going to sign the tag. And before the season starts he’s going to sign a deal. He’s not gonna play the entire year under the tag in my opinion. only reason why he’s going to sign the franchise tag is to let the team know hey I’m here. And we clearly don’t need to use it on anyone else This season

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
My reply was Andy being the starter. I guess I didn’t make it clear enough We always knew Prescott was going to sign. Dalton was just the cheapest back up we could get. And then goodbye rush when that happened. I still think the rookie can beat out Dalton

I think that with adding a couple players to the active roster that the Cowboys may keep Dalton and the rookie. Dalton just in case Prescott misses his first game to injury and not have to go with a rookie QB. Dalton is cheap and the rookie is even cheaper so I don't think money will play into this.

leeblair

Reaction score
The Cowboys blew this one by not using the non-exclusive tag on Dak. For a guy who prides himself on his deals, Jerry really choked on this opportunity to capitalize on a chance to benefit from Dak.
But the franchise tag pretty much ensured that Dak would be with the Cowboys for at least one more year.
It's time to move on. Hopefully Jerry won't be dumb enough to extend Dak before he's played a season with McCarthy.
Dak's a great athlete. Maybe McCarthy can get some of that "Garrett incompetence" out of him and show him what is really expected from a quarterback.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think that with adding a couple players to the active roster that the Cowboys may keep Dalton and the rookie. Dalton just in case Prescott misses his first game to injury and not have to go with a rookie QB. Dalton is cheap and the rookie is even cheaper so I don't think money will play into this.
I just don’t like Andy. But I have to agree that’s what makes sense. LOL but wouldn’t it be something if the rookie really did meet him out

shabazz

Reaction score
He's getting paid "elite" money this year no matter what.

I look at it as him getting some reward when he exceeded his 4th round pay. Evens things up.

Roughly 34 million total for 5 years at an average of 7 million a year but the beauty part is that he gets to drive the bus for just one more season and we are free to move on via draft, FA, or any other means.

I wish him all the best and a kindly adieu

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys blew this one by not using the non-exclusive tag on Dak. For a guy who prides himself on his deals, Jerry really choked on this opportunity to capitalize on a chance to benefit from Dak.
But the franchise tag pretty much ensured that Dak would be with the Cowboys for at least one more year.
It's time to move on. Hopefully Jerry won't be dumb enough to extend Dak before he's played a season with McCarthy.
Dak's a great athlete. Maybe McCarthy can get some of that "Garrett incompetence" out of him and show him what is really expected from a quarterback.
Why would they go nonexclusive. Presidents going to sign the deal before July 25. And we don’t need the franchise tag on anyone else so this was great for everybody Do you really want to waste a season with Andy Dalton behind Center

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

The Cowboys have a long history of signing players at the very last moment so until July 15 goes by I'm not speculating that Prescott won't get a long term deal done.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys have a long history of signing players at the very last moment so until July 15 goes by I'm not speculating that Prescott won't get a long term deal done.
I thought we had until July 25?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think you mean expected of a team. Because Prescott showed everything that was expected of a quarterback. Maybe someone wasn’t paying attention.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ahhhhh but the drama is entertaining . Speculation is what drives the discussion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Prescott’s going to sign the tag. And before the season starts he’s going to sign a deal. He’s not gonna play the entire year under the tag in my opinion. only reason why he’s going to sign the franchise tag is to let the team know hey I’m here. And we clearly don’t need to use it on anyone else This season
He signed the Tag today. Or stated his intention to. And hence the discussion.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys and Dak will have three weeks to hammer out a deal.

Whether or not they'll manage to do so is probably anyone's guess!

If both sides were destined to agree, they likely would have by now!

Last edited: