Prescott vs Wilson

CWR

Reaction score
Even if you don't like Dak, we have no choice but to pay him. There simply isn't much in the cupboard to replace him.

People can trout out Cooper Rush all they want, but if you don't like what Dak has done this season, why would you want Rush to replace him?

I agree, most likely you do have to pay him. However, I dont think its smart to rush it. Normally thats a move we make to save money, but would it not he safer to see if he continues to improve first? We are still figuring out what we have with Dak imo. Why not let him play next year before we commit such a massive amount of cap space?

Zman5

Reaction score
So the QB can’t win games on his own?

Interesting since one of the arguments that people make for why Dak is so good is because he “wins”.

QBs can win games for you but not many QBs can win a SB without a very good defense. Only QB I can think of who won a SB without a good defense was Aaron Rodgers.

GMO415

Reaction score
and.....Wilson won a SB his second year and went to a SB his third year. If we hadn't lost EzE for six games, we could have made the playoffs last year. We are now in the playoffs again, and we'll see what Dak is going to do. Exciting stuff.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mentioned this in another thread to a hater. He/she has been silent since.

Haters hmmm you guys are trying to make this site into something it shouldn't be....dang...and shame.....here's your response without love or hate just football....all of Dak's Super stats you guys bring here are mostly dink and dunk passes as this is as far his arm and talent will allow him....now keep trying to take this site over and LOWER its football intelligent level....:facepalm:

aikemirv

Reaction score
He had a stellar defense. Dominating defense. Great home field advantage too. We still don’t have a defense that was that good. And we sure the hell don’t have the home field advantage like Century Link.
Yeah cause Wilson never made plays to get them to a victory did he.

By the way, In those years I never thought Wilson was some great Qb but he did make plays consistently. Dak does not make plays consistently.

The Realist

Reaction score
Not sure. But not really the point.

The target shifts with Dak. When the Cowboys win, you guys want him to heap all the praise on him and reward him because he “wins”.

When the Cowboys lose, suddey it’s a team game and the loss doesn’t apply to the QB. Only wins, I guess.

Then when the comparisons come up to other QBs their accomplishments and “wins” are mitigated and downplayed because they had this or that.

You guys literally are playing on both sides of the fence.

Your lying and you know it. You know how good Seattle’s defense was and I’m sure like most Cowboys fans, you coveted it. But let’s keep on pretending like you don’t care.

Heap all the praise on Dak? Yeah, as if those who support Dak don’t love and appreciate the Cooper trade and production, the improved OL under Colombo, better play at LG since X took over, improved TE play in the last month, Jarwins amazing game and Cole’s amazing game winning catch. No one is heaping all the praise and Dak. That’s your straw man argument.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
This was brought up in the other thread: Dak slobberers continue to be clueless that the NFL QB numbers shoot up every year.

Wilson (2012-2014)
Yards per attempt: 3rd
Adjusted Net yards per attempt: 5th
QB Rating: 5th
Completion %: 10th
TD %: 4th
INT %: 8th

Prescott (2016-2018)
Yards per attempt: 14th
Adjusted Net yards per attempt: 13th
QB Rating: 11th
Completion %: 8th
TD %: 14th
INT %: 8th

This doesn’t totally invalidate the premise that Dak could improve and be a good QB as his numbers are respectable, but there is still a significant gap between the two. Wilson was pretty much a star right away; Dak is a dink and dunk guy.

Now there is a rebuttal:thumbup:

Birdgang

Reaction score
So how about the GWD stat ..... Chart below might tell different story , as some think its a QB stat more then team. But why is the games always so close ? Do you think Zeke has more to do with ? You know since the Oline and Zeke can take clock down to where other team has no chance again. You would thik Dak would have a higher 4q rating :D

DvcrxYQWkAUGQGW.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Haters hmmm you guys are trying to make this site into something it shouldn't be....dang...and shame.....here's your response without love or hate just football....all of Dak's Super stats you guys bring here are mostly dink and dunk passes as this is as far his arm and talent will allow him....now keep trying to take this site over and LOWER its football intelligent level....:facepalm:
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2:

Sydla

Reaction score
Your lying and you know it. You know how good Seattle’s defense was and I’m sure like most Cowboys fans, you coveted it. But let’s keep on pretending like you don’t care.

Heap all the praise on Dak? Yeah, as if those who support Dak don’t love and appreciate the Cooper trade and production, the improved OL under Colombo, better play at LG since X took over, improved TE play in the last month, Jarwins amazing game and Cole’s amazing game winning catch. No one is heaping all the praise and Dak. That’s your straw man argument.

This post refuted zero of what I said. And it’s no straw man. There are literally fans in other posts who cite Dak’s total wins as the most important “stat” for him and why we need to pay him and why he is a really good to great QB.

Now when someone brings up Wilson’s accomplishments and his wins we suddenly get analysis that he had a great D, etc and people try to mitigate or downplay what he has accomplished.

The Realist

Reaction score
This post refuted zero of what I said. And it’s no straw man. There are literally fans in other posts who cite Dak’s total wins as the most important “stat” for him and why we need to pay him and why he is a really good to great QB.

Now when someone brings up Wilson’s accomplishments and his wins we suddenly get analysis that he had a great D, etc and people try to mitigate or downplay what he has accomplished.

No fan thinks a QB’s won/loss record is 100% on him and you should be smart enough to know that. This is why people are happy with changes made and improved play by our WR’s, OL and TE’s....it helps the team win....just like our improved D helps us win and Seattle’s D in Wilsons early years helped them win.

Ken

Reaction score
Not sure. But not really the point.

The target shifts with Dak. When the Cowboys win, you guys want him to heap all the praise on him and reward him because he “wins”.

When the Cowboys lose, suddey it’s a team game and the loss doesn’t apply to the QB. Only wins, I guess.

Then when the comparisons come up to other QBs their accomplishments and “wins” are mitigated and downplayed because they had this or that.

You guys literally are playing on both sides of the fence.
I really don't know how many times i have to explain this but...

When you have 14 game winning drives in your first 3 years...wins are a valid indicator for that qb. I know Wilson has had a number in his first three years as well.

Having said that...when a team has literally the #1 scoring Defense in the league for 3 straight years...it helps tremendously with winning. Especially when the qb in question leads his team to the worst offense in the league in those same years.

Sydla

Reaction score
No fan thinks a QB’s won/loss record is 100% on him and you should be smart enough to know that. This is why people are happy with changes made and improved play by our WR’s, OL and TE’s....it helps the team win....just like our improved D helps us win and Seattle’s D in Wilsons early years helped them win.

You should read some posts around here. There are definitely fans who want Dak rewarded because he “wins” as if he’s the biggest reason we win all these games.

If you don’t think there are fans who think Dak is the biggest factor in our wins and why he’s a great QB and not treated fairly by fans here, you haven’t paid attention.

Sydla

Reaction score
I really fon't know how many times i have to explain this but...

When you have 14 game winning drives in your first 3 years...wins are a valid indicator for that qb. I know Wilson has had a number in his first three years as well.

Having said that...when a team has literally the #1 scoring Defense in the league for 3 straight years...it helps tremendously with winning. Especially when the qb in question leads his team to the worst offense in the league in those same years.

See there’s your problem. You think I don’t think having a great D helps get wins. Or better WRs. Or a good OL. In fact it’s been the exact opposite. I’ve argued that simply sayin. Dak has 32 wins or whatever it is over the last three years and therefore he’s a great QB is an overstatement of his worth.

My point is that the criteria is different from some with Dak. To some, this team’s wins reflect his skill set, why he’s “great”, etc.

Then someone points out another QB arguably even more successful and suddenly it’s “well that QB had this or that......”

Birdgang

Reaction score
I really don't know how many times i have to explain this but...

I guess you missed post above. GWDs are more team then QB stat ... But why are so many games that close ? Why cant he score before 4th Q ? Why is he not rated higher in 4th q if he is all that ? Think maybe the Oline and Zeke have more to do with it ? Even the Defense ? Oline and Zeke take more clock , it turn can leave a teams chance to also score limited to none . Hmmm like OT drain clock and score even if a FG. Hell even a kicker has more to do with it ...... last minute FGs maybe like 50-60 yards Dak could not get ?

Ken

Reaction score
See there’s your problem. You think I don’t think having a great D helps get wins. Or better WRs. Or a good OL. In fact it’s been the exact opposite. I’ve argued that simply sayin. Dak has 32 wins or whatever it is over the last three years and therefore he’s a great QB is an overstatement of his worth.

My point is that the criteria is different from some with Dak. To some, this team’s wins reflect his skill set, why he’s “great”, etc.

Then someone points out another QB arguably even more successful and suddenly it’s “well that QB had this or that......”
I think the criteria is the same. While Dak had a great great OL his rookie year on Par with how good Seattles defense was...he only had it one of his 3 years.

As much grief as Dak gets for having Zeke...Wilson had Lynch gaining 1300 or more each season.

So these are very comparable but the single biggest difference is Wilson's defense. It is proven by him guiding the literal worst offense in the league 2 of those three(26th in the other year) years to all of those wins.

Dak would be crucified if he did the same.

Ken

Reaction score
I guess you missed post above. GWDs are more team then QB stat ... But why are so many games that close ? Why cant he score before 4th Q ? Why is he not rated higher in 4th q if he is all that ? Think maybe the Oline and Zeke have more to do with it ? Even the Defense ? Oline and Zeke take more clock , it turn can leave a teams chance to also score limited to none . Hmmm like OT drain clock and score even if a FG. Hell even a kicker has more to do with it ...... last minute FGs maybe like 50-60 yards Dak could not get ?
Then take his 4th quarter and OT rating to validate his late game performance.

It is off the charts.

The Realist

Reaction score
You should read some posts around here. There are definitely fans who want Dak rewarded because he “wins” as if he’s the biggest reason we win all these games.

If you don’t think there are fans who think Dak is the biggest factor in our wins and why he’s a great QB and not treated fairly by fans here, you haven’t paid attention.

100% of those fans you’re talking about want the best team around him, because they realize Hurns, Thompson, and Swaim aren’t startingvcaliber NFL talent, hence they know it isn’t all on Dak.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
So how about the GWD stat ..... Chart below might tell different story , as some think its a QB stat more then team. But why is the games always so close ? Do you think Zeke has more to do with ? You know since the Oline and Zeke can take clock down to where other team has no chance again. You would thik Dak would have a higher 4q rating :D

DvcrxYQWkAUGQGW.jpg

What’s Dak’s 4th quarter/OT rating, around 96?