Prescott vs Wilson

Chrispierce

Reaction score
After the Giants game the Dak-Homers have come out in droves.....its only a matter of time till they go back into their Dak-Holes and then resurface blaming everyone except Dak why the offense once again esp the passing game stunk up the house....
Well,it’s not that good of a game going back over it. I had missed a good portion of the first half,and holy snot a couple of those throws were total picks to the house. What is his malfunction? He did it last week too on some passes. Right to the defender again.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well,it’s not that good of a game going back over it. I had missed a good portion of the first half,and holy snot a couple of those throws were total picks to the house. What is his malfunction? He did it last week too on some passes. Right to the defender again.

He STINKS as a QB simple as apple Pie.....more flaws than a fergozzi Diamond....

Chrispierce

Reaction score
He STINKS as a QB simple as apple Pie.....more flaws than a fergozzi Diamond....
Well I don’t think he’s the worst thing ever,and really would like to see him refine a lot of those flaws,but I don’t know what there is to work on about throwing a ball to a person running by himself. Those type of things I don’t have tolerance for. It’s a no brainer like playing catch in the backyard for them,and he’s sailing it into the neighbors window.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Who cares how many times more he threw the ball, it's the end result that matter. Zeke can carry the ball 5 times for 100 yards, Barkley can carry 1 for a 100, at the end of the day it's still 100 yards.
50 rushes for 1 yard each are completely different from 1 rush for 50 yards. If you can't understand that, there's no point trying to explain why rate/efficiency stats matter.

The Realist

Reaction score
That’s the argument you keep wanting to make my post as,but it’s not what it’s about. Why don’t you pull up the Giants game I’m watching,and tell me what 4 specific passes really look troubling to you? And these are mistakes he makes nearly every game. It’s about the severity of his throws. They aren’t just bad,they’re down right awful. Wilson is a much more polished,and mechanicly sound QB. He’s not missing Cooper on these throws,and I don’t know why you keep insisting he is or that this is a normal thing in the business,when it’s not.

Wait, so your saying Wilson, a QB in his 7th is more polished than a 3rd year QB? No way, that’s absurd!!! Imagine that, a QB improving over time. Remember all those people saying Wilson was polished and had perfect mechanics and accuracy his 3rd year? Russell Wilson year 3: 63%, 20 TD’s, 7 INT’s. Dak Prescott year 3: 67.7%, 22 TD, 8 INT’s.

The problem is you don’t have Russell Wilson’s full career under a microscope like you do Dak’s. I guarantee you can go back and see Wilson missing people on the deep ball, and struggling with accuracy throughout his career. You also hold Dak’s incompletions to a higher standard than you do Wilson’s interceptions this year, because you rant and rave about missed deep ball and dropped pick 6 but you give Wilson a pass for 2 pick 6’a this year and 5 pick game in 2016.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Given the choice between Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson at any given point in each of their careers, I'd take Wilson every time. Over his first 3 years Wilson was more consistent than Dak was. He didn't have a sophmore slump where his efficiency cratered. He has better mechanics/fundamentals/ball placement than Prescott and is a better runner as well.

HOWEVER, people tend to exaggerate the magnitude of the differences between the two. For his first 3 seasons Wilson was in no sense a pure pocket passer either, he didn't put up high volume numbers week-in and week-out any more than Dak did, and he was really bad at taking pointless sacks too.

The most important difference is that Wilson played for historically great defenses early in his career instead of just decent ones, and played for a much better head coach.

Dre11

Reaction score
Well the defense is not always going to get a stop when needed, not even that Seattle defense of the past. The quarterback needs to be able to make plays to overcome that, which is something Russell can do. 2016 Dak could do it too, but it's something that he lost now, or hasn't been seen from him lately.

Dak dis do it, It was his defense that failed him, Russell's defense did it for him. His defense was exceptional

Dre11

Reaction score
50 rushes for 1 yard each are completely different from 1 rush for 50 yards. If you can't understand that, there's no point trying to explain why rate/efficiency stats matter.

You can't explain it, the numbers are what they are, and they're being talked about because they're significant.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak dis do it, It was his defense that failed him, Russell's defense did it for him. His defense was exceptional

This year the defense has been exceptional. Still, I don't think that any defense is exceptional at all times. I also hate the excuse making, for when a defense has an off day, to blame it all on them, saying that they failed Dak, when it would be nice to have the quarterback just make plays to overcome any deficiency. People are trying to say Dak is elite, but well thats what elite quarterbacks would do. What Russell has shown he can do.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This is pretty simple. One is a proven Quarterback and the other one has yet to prove himself

Dre11

Reaction score
This year the defense has been exceptional. Still, I don't think that any defense is exceptional at all times. I also hate the excuse making, for when a defense has an off day, to blame it all on them, saying that they failed Dak, when it would be nice to have the quarterback just make plays to overcome any deficiency. People are trying to say Dak is elite, but well thats what elite quarterbacks would do. What Russell has shown he can do.

Still this defense is nowhere near the Seattle's D during the legion of boom time. The biggest difference is turnovers that they either score on, or put your offense in great field position