Game Day ***Preseason Cowboys vs Cardinals Post-Game thread***

kevm3

Reaction score
Nashon Wright was genuinely great this game. If he keeps it up, a lot of people will be eating crow, me included. Bossman Phat had a disappointing game but looked better the last game. Micah Parsons already looks like our best linebacker. He's always around the ball.

Offensively, I can't really judge this team because we didn't really draft many offensive players this time around and none of the 1st stringers were out there playing like that, but from what I did see of those players out there, this offense struggled mightily.

rambo2

Reaction score
Obviously you don’t.
Ok tell me, how many plays did Joseph play and how many of those would you say that he struggled on and why? Don't leave out the nice play on the goal line that he almost caused an interception with the deflection. The one bad play was the holding penalty.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Too many dropped passes I thought. D looked better than last week. Jaylon….(sigh). Dinucci is not it, he looked skittish under pressure. A few penalties showed up today. A real bad one that could have sealed away the game. Gotta get that cleaned up, can’t have that when the real bullets start flying. Hated to Gallimore go down.

DanA

Reaction score
Big ST tackles from Wright and Cox were positive considering I'd expect both to be heavily evolved. Both played well on defense although I think Cox may have blown a gap assignment on one play to give up a big run.

Carson

Reaction score
Too many dropped passes I thought. D looked better than last week. Jaylon….(sigh). Dinucci is not it, he looked skittish under pressure. A few penalties showed up today. A real bad one that could have sealed away the game. Gotta get that cleaned up, can’t have that when the real bullets start flying. Hated to Gallimore go down.

The false start by Arizona which won them the game lol

Nooch is straight garbage. Dude could complete many more passes if he weren’t throwing it off his back foot avoiding contact

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The biggest difference I see between Dallas and the competition so far is the QB play. The Cowboys are taking a huge gamble if they roll into the season with the QB room as is.

Secondarily, the Cowboys depth always seems to be of lessor quality than the competition. Their scrubs generally get handled by the the opposing scrubs.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After 2 games.

Dak healthy, we'll be stout on both sides of the ball.
Dak out(which i consider 50/50 at this point) trade Coop for a #1 use 3 #1s to draft 1st QB off the board.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nashon Wright was genuinely great this game. If he keeps it up, a lot of people will be eating crow, me included. Bossman Phat had a disappointing game but looked better the last game. Micah Parsons already looks like our best linebacker. He's always around the ball.

Offensively, I can't really judge this team because we didn't really draft many offensive players this time around and none of the 1st stringers were out there playing like that, but from what I did see of those players out there, this offense struggled mightily.

That some will be. He's been excellent. I was excited on draft night when we drafted him.

johneric8

Reaction score
Agreed.

But Dinucci really had a terrible final drive. He did his part.
Dinicci looked like Romo minus the uncanny mistakes and heroics. I think some of you are forgetting it's big Mike's style to groom a QB over a few years, he is stellar at this. And for those who believe that Mike will be fired soon are smoking some good stuff.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well…..

Anae looks exactly like we thought and hoped….A dude that needed to just get a chance. This kid is going to be good. He plays violent.

Wright is so smooth and covers like a blanket.

Connor at Center is an awful experience.

Rondell Carter looked pretty darn good as well.

Simi looked better as well.

Parsons looks like our best player already. He’s all over the place.

Gallup was back to his drops again.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I only watched the first half but I could only think Championship.

(have to have humor to offset the pain)

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed how good Osa and Bohanan are?

Osa looked good. Bohanna did not look good. More efforts like last night from Bohanna will get him cut. Bohanna’s play last night was not worthy of a roster spot.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
After 2 games.

Dak healthy, we'll be stout on both sides of the ball.
Dak out(which i consider 50/50 at this point) trade Coop for a #1 use 3 #1s to draft 1st QB off the board.
There is not a single nfl team that would trade a #1 for cooper.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Our second and third stringers always look worse than the other teams. Key back up positions like QB look pretty bad.

Jerry & Stephen put together rosters like a bad fantasy football owner than never make the post season in fantasy football. It’s an amateur clown show going on 27 years.