Game Day ***Preseason Cowboys vs Cardinals Post-Game thread***

rambo2

Reaction score
Osa looked good. Bohanna did not look good. More efforts like last night from Bohanna will get him cut. Bohanna’s play last night was not worthy of a roster spot.
Lol, Bohanna is not getting cut. I have no clue how you came up with this ridiculous opinion.

basel90

Reaction score
Obviously the money was spent on the stars and the starters . The depth is shallow beyond starters . There were some good promising players like
Knox
Hardy
Wilson
Fekoho
Oso
Wright

Gilbert looked ok and his receivers dropped many balls . Rush did not play long enough I wonder why so little snaps . DiNucci had some moments and MM is really giving him so many reps, but you feel he is just not there .

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Saw some good things from both sides of the ball. More so from the defense. Parsons is a beast and he alone will cause many 3 and outs. DiNucci had his moments but he and the rest of the QB’s are just not worthy.
nice.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh, you like holding and getting burned. Okay. :rolleyes:
so i guess even the HOF Cbs have never got a penalty or beat EVER?? they have zero cathes against .. wow i dint know that great payers were flawless and that we focus on a few and plays all players make and never see the entire game..he wasn't burned great throw and catch he was there just missed swipe at it..the grab for panty happens its smart play dont allow the guy free release for big play take the penalty..again it happens..player get beat and have penaltys, even the best and the greatest..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Lol, Bohanna is not getting cut. I have no clue how you came up with this ridiculous opinion.

I’m sorry. I didn’t get the memo that Bohanna is gifted a spot on the roster due to being a very big player and being a 6th round pick makes him a lock. Regardless of how he actually plays.

817Gill

Reaction score
I’m sorry. I didn’t get the memo that Bohanna is gifted a spot on the roster due to being a very big player and being a 6th round pick makes him a lock. Regardless of how he actually plays.
I guess this is why lol. Hating a player for fan narratives is hilarious haha. You’re acting as if Bohanna has been taking it easy and not even working hard. The gifted a roster spot thing is a fan conversation, Bohanna has nothing do with it lol why direct so much anger at him?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Hope nobody is falling on their swords this morning. Nothing was as bad as y'all make it out to be. Maybe I've tempered my expectations but frankly, not every play makes the highlight reel, nor should it, that's why they have a highlight reel.

I know this, if I were Tom Brady, I'd be watching those Chris Streveler QB draws on loop. Tom may not be fast, he may not be a runner, but he is smart. And the key is his knowing when to run if the need arises.

rambo2

Reaction score
He hates Bohanna for some reason lol I have 0 idea why
They have needed a dtackle like this for years. Bohanna is big, quick, and can actually run. He has shown it all and will actually play.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I noticed the tackling is alot better in our secondary.

Parsons, Cox, Wright, Mukuamu, and OO are impressing as rookies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hope nobody is falling on their swords this morning. Nothing was as bad as y'all make it out to be. Maybe I've tempered my expectations but frankly, not every play makes the highlight reel, nor should it, that's why they have a highlight reel.

I know this, if I were Tom Brady, I'd be watching those Chris Streveler QB draws on loop. Tom may not be fast, he may not be a runner, but he is smart. And the key is his knowing when to run if the need arises.
It’s what CZ members do. They don’t seem to realize that it’s preseason and the starters aren’t starting and the offensive scheme is vanilla and the defensive scheme is vanilla. The haters just love to pounce on preseason losses as if it’s the ultimate litmus test.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Use him alot in early weeks and a desperate team wiil pay dearly

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Joseph got picked on a lot, made one pbu in the redzone that balanced me back with my feelings on him. Really want him to earn the spot and Quinn played him a lot good sign
honestly i thought i was watching Awuzia again.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well how about the obvious play making abilities they showed? You should be damn excited about it.
Don't waste you time on JoeKing. He doesn't really have an opinion, he just likes to state the opposite the specific post to which he has replied.

He'll often state the opposite of what he says in one post in other threads. He has admitted in the past that he is only here to annoy people.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I guess this is why lol. Hating a player for fan narratives is hilarious haha. You’re acting as if Bohanna has been taking it easy and not even working hard. The gifted a roster spot thing is a fan conversation, Bohanna has nothing do with it lol why direct so much anger at him?

Huh? I look at the play on the field. Last week against Pgh, Bohanna had a decent game. He got penetration and push. He got good push on the extra points and FGs. He would have had a stop on the TD by Pgh if he were not held. The refs didn't call holding. I thought Bohanna would continue to show improvement the second game. He did not in my opinion.

There were a couple (?) 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 where the Cards ran right up the gut. If Bohanna can't stop that, then what use is he? The Cards scored on a TD where Bohanna failed to make a stop. Bohanna was completely wiped out of the play and a total non-factor. He couldn't get penetration and he couldn't shed his block. He got stonewalled on every FG and extra point. I think he even had an offsides in spite of being lined up right in front of the ball.

I don't hate the player; I don't love the player. Bohanna is competing with Faolui, Carter, and Hamilton for a spot on the roster. May the best player win. I call it like I see it. There isn't much talent separation with players drafted 4-7 and UFAs. Comes down to getting reps, wanting it, and hard work.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nashon Wright was genuinely great this game. If he keeps it up, a lot of people will be eating crow, me included. Bossman Phat had a disappointing game but looked better the last game. Micah Parsons already looks like our best linebacker. He's always around the ball.

Offensively, I can't really judge this team because we didn't really draft many offensive players this time around and none of the 1st stringers were out there playing like that, but from what I did see of those players out there, this offense struggled mightily.
quit hard for the qbs and overall offense to look good with two fumbles, drop passes, and many bad snaps..drive killers..

JBond

Reaction score
He added nothing. He sounds stupid. I know it’s harsh, but that guy is stealing money. If I was a Cardinals fan I couldn’t listen to him
He sounded like a WWE announcer. Jessie Ventura?