Game Day Preseason Cowboys vs Chargers first and second half game threads **MERGED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_dub88

Reaction score
Not a bad idea if Weems continues to look bad. I'd keep Free at RT and move him if necessary to LT and let someone come in to play RT.

I only say that because we know Free can play both tackle positions. I can't see spending all this time with Collins at LG and now teaching both tackle spots.

Plus Free is a little fragile and could use the rest while riding the pine.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Collins looks really, really good. They have to get him on the field.

You are right.
And i cant help he is no guard. Looks so much more like a tackle when i watch him play. His pass blocking is really good. But his run blocking on the other side is less then medicore. I'd love to watch him as a tackle just to have a comparison.

BTW Weems looked really bad i think.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Vaughn avoiding a sack

There were numerous times where he showed nice evasive moves to escape the pocket, one play in his own end zone comes to mind. I remember at least one sack where there was practically a jailbreak through the middle of the line leaving him with little chance. He's capable, just needs to get more comfortable.

erod

Reaction score
Not sure I'd play anybody next week either on that turf disaster in San Francisco.

superonyx

Reaction score
Showers has practice squad written all over him.
Let's be honest. He isn't ready to play. He is a potential project.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
For what Showers is, he's showing me something. Granted, it's against his 3rd/4th string peers, but he is outshining them I think. Will be really interesting to see him and Vaughan in the next few games.

When Romo came in, he started against 3rd/4th stringers. Not saying Showers is the second-coming of Romo, but at least he got snaps tonight b/c he'll likely see fewer snaps until Game4.

he's looked like what I expected. Good mobility (but not a running QB/run-first mentality). good arm, reads the D and routes well.

I did see him w/ a faster release on a couple of plays than I saw at UTEP. I hope that means that he's adjusting to NFL speed and the game is slowing down for him already.

We'll see. IF he can make the practice squad, I'll be happy
(I am a biased UTEP alum)

tideh20heel

Reaction score
You are right.
And i cant help he is no guard. Looks so much more like a tackle when i watch him play. His pass blocking is really good. But his run blocking on the other side is less then medicore. I'd love to watch him as a tackle just to have a comparison.

He's a football player that is apparent. That mean streak they talked about pre draft is legit.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Pessimist_cowboy said:
I didn't like either running back today. Not impressed with Johnson or Seastrunk

It is just one game and Lache played with the scrubs, it would be different if he played with the real starters.
gus did good on the td run
give them 2-3 more games and see if they do better

d_dub88

Reaction score
There were numerous times where he showed nice evasive moves to escape the pocket, one play in his own end zone comes to mind. I remember at least one sack where there was practically a jailbreak through the middle of the line leaving him with little chance. He's capable, just needs to get more comfortable.

I haven't seen many QB's be evasive when their tackle pushes a DE in their chest.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
You are right.

Reason they like him at G is because he does not have quick feet to excel at T.

Status
Not open for further replies.