Previous Years Pet Cats: Did they Pan Out Yet?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Just curious to see whose pet cats have already shown some flashes in the pan. I remember wanting Ray Rice (Although very happy with Felix and Choice) two years ago, especially when many were comparing him to Emmitt Smith. He just had a really good year.

Last year I think I wanted Mack or Unger but don't recall vocalizing it. I remember somebody wanted Delmas and another guy wanted Chung.:D

Who were your pet cats from previous years or even last year and where are they now?

This might help jog the brain:
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151283&highlight=pet+cats

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3264793 said:
Just curious to see whose pet cats have already shown some flashes in the pan. I remember wanting Ray Rice (Although very happy with Felix and Choice) two years ago, especially when many were comparing him to Emmitt Smith. He just had a really good year.

Last year I think I wanted Mack or Unger but don't recall vocalizing it. I remember somebody wanted Delmas and another guy wanted Chung.:D

Who were your pet cats from previous years or even last year and where are they now?

This might help jog the brain:
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151283&highlight=pet+cats

that was me

I ****ing owned that thread!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
im not in that thread, so i dont have to worry about trying to save face.

I am a UT homer, so all Longhorns are on my pet cat list. Some have been successful, while others have bombed mightily. Most however, go on to have solid NFL careers.

About my non-Longhorns pet cats....

Chris Johnson - awesome
Antoine Cason - good start to his career in SD
Manny Lawson - oft-injured, not very productive so far
Josh Johnson - backup to Josh Freeman in Tampa....I doubt he ever becomes more than a career backup

at the moment these are the only ones I can think of.....two good, two not so good. I will take 2-2, beats 0-4.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3264804 said:
that was me

I ****ing owned that thread!

Ya and then you ultimatly got owned by me.

Delmas 4 life!!!

Don't argue against guru Slate.

Sean Smith. bye.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
One of my pet cats who had a pretty good year this year was Johnny Knox...

One who didn't was Duke Robinson... so I ain't no oracle... :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3264836 said:
Ya and then you ultimatly got owned by me.

Delmas 4 life!!!

Don't argue against guru Slate.

Sean Smith. bye.
I wonder if Silverbear still thinks guys like Sean Jones, Adrian Wilson, Dawan Landry(mr. I get all my ints off of tipped passes) and Jermaine Philips are top safeties:laugh2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Well guys it can take a good 3 years if not more for a guy to develop so there is no shame in throwing darts at a board...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rampage;3264854 said:
I wonder if Silverbear still thinks guys like Sean Jones, Adrian Wilson, Dawan Landry(mr. I get all my ints off of tipped passes) and Jermaine Philips are top safeties:laugh2:

Anybody who doesn't think Adrian Wilson is a top safety needs to stop doing drugs...

But hey, it's music to my ears, hearing you invoke my name... it means that I'm deep under your pelt...

Gaede

Reaction score
I've missed on a lot, admittedly, but the one guy I wanted above all others a couple years ago was Ray Rice. I'm proud of that one, for sure.,

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Michael Oher-yes

people who i thought would suck
sanchez - he sure as hell sucked

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3265023 said:
Michael Oher-yes

Yeah, I'm still really pissed we could have had Oher if we didn't trade for Roy Williams but it's all old news now.

Last year the first two rounds were full of talent and we took no one and still made it past our first playoff game in however many years. So while it would have been great to come out with some of those guys, we're still in pretty good shape.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I liked Sean Smith, Mike Thomas, and Delmas....but probaly others that are not so easy to mention. I'll have to look back and see.

One thing I did notice is the this years defensive ROY, Brian Cushing, got little to no mention.

Mike Thomas got several mentions...and as a 4th rounder, I do think he will prove to be very good value.

Duke Robinson got several mentions. So far, that would be a "no". But I'm not sure if he was injured in the preseason last year and kept out.

Delmas was very good. Chung was so-so, but on a much better team...so he may be okay.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DFWJC;3265062 said:
I liked Sean Smith, Mike Thomas, and Delmas....but probaly others that are not so easy to mention. I'll have to look back and see.

One thing I did notice is the this years defensive ROY, Brian Cushing, got little to no mention.

Mike Thomas got several mentions...and as a 4th rounder, I do think he will prove to be very good value.

Duke Robinson got several mentions. So far, that would be a "no". But I'm not sure if he was injured in the preseason last year and kept out.

Delmas was very good. Chung was so-so, but on a much better team...so he may be okay.

I don't think anyone thought we had a chance at Cushing.

I wanted Clay Mathews myself, but really I wanted any 3 of those USC linebackers and I hate USC. I also wanted Chung, but some fools kept on saying he was Roy Williams II because every safety unless they are under 200 lbs are now Roy Williams if they play for the Cowboys.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3264854 said:

your boy SLATE had a thing for Laron Landry :laugh2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3265023 said:
Michael Oher-yes

I'm assuming you are joking about Sanchez. I think most (maybe even 95+%) would say for a rookie, he did not suck.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DFWJC;3265160 said:
I'm assuming you are joking about Sanchez. I think most (maybe even 95+%) would say for a rookie, he did not suck.

He sucked, so you can put me in the 5%.

The Jet's run game and defense completely carried him.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3264875 said:
Anybody who doesn't think Adrian Wilson is a top safety needs to stop doing drugs...

But hey, it's music to my ears, hearing you invoke my name... it means that I'm deep under your pelt...
oh so now it's just Adrian Wilson? 1 out of 4 ain't bad:laugh2:

under my pelt? you must mean belt. I don't want any man under my belt. If you swing that way good for you.......

DFWJC

Reaction score
TheCount;3265205 said:
He sucked, so you can put me in the 5%.

The Jet's run game and defense completely carried him.
:laugh2:
Okay, that's two.

If you start as a rookie at QB and your team goes out nd wins any games in the playoffs, you have done your job...imo.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DFWJC;3265211 said:
:laugh2:
Okay, that's two.

If you start as a rookie at QB and your team goes out nd wins any games in the playoffs, you have done your job...imo.

Where the team played well and whether he played well are two completely different conversations.