Prime 90s Cowboys vs Prime Tom Brady's Patriots

Flamma

Reaction score
The best Patriots team was in 2007, and they choked that away to the giants. Defenses like the '92 and '93 Cowboys had can make good offenses look bad. Hell, I don't think those Patriots teams beat the early 90s 49ers.

plymkr

Reaction score
The best Patriots team was in 2007, and they choked that away to the giants. Defenses like the '92 and '93 Cowboys had can make good offenses look bad. Hell, I don't think those Patriots teams beat the early 90s 49ers.
I agree I feel the early 90's teams of the Cowboys and 49ers would beat any Patriots team. The teams pre salary cap era were better and deeper than the teams in the post salary cap/expansion era. Just that 92 49ers team we beat in their house was stacked. They had Steve Young, HOFer as a starter and Joe Montana, arguably history's best QB, as a back up. That's like beating a team that's so deep offensively that Patrick Mahomes is the starter and Tom Brady is the backup. And we beat that team in their house with our team that was 3 deep in every position. I still feel that 92 NFCCG was the best football game I've watched considering the two teams that played. Both Dallas and SF had HOFers in their prime on offense and defense and it was a slugfest for the ages.

Anyway just me rambling but I feel strongly the 92 and 93 Cowboys would have beaten any of the Patriots teams. No disrespect to the Patriots but those pre salary cap teams were deeper and we were young and everyone was in their prime. JMO.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Which team wins that game?
The Patriots. Football players in the 2000s are better then the 90s. Although I would have loved to see the 92 Cowboys vs the 2007 Patriots. That would have been a classic.

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree I feel the early 90's teams of the Cowboys and 49ers would beat any Patriots team. The teams pre salary cap era were better and deeper than the teams in the post salary cap/expansion era. Just that 92 49ers team we beat in their house was stacked. They had Steve Young, HOFer as a starter and Joe Montana, arguably history's best QB, as a back up. That's like beating a team that's so deep offensively that Patrick Mahomes is the starter and Tom Brady is the backup. And we beat that team in their house with our team that was 3 deep in every position. I still feel that 92 NFCCG was the best football game I've watched considering the two teams that played. Both Dallas and SF had HOFers in their prime on offense and defense and it was a slugfest for the ages.

Anyway just me rambling but I feel strongly the 92 and 93 Cowboys would have beaten any of the Patriots teams. No disrespect to the Patriots but those pre salary cap teams were deeper and we were young and everyone was in their prime. JMO.

Yeah, even those Bills teams were stacked. Them against the 2007 Patriots would be a good matchup. Likely the Bills get beat because that's what they do, get beat LOL.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Brady Bucs are to me the equivalent of the 1990s Bills. Dallas beat them badly.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Geeeee... I wonder what the majority of people will say on a Dallas Cowboys message board?

I'm sure you will get a bunch of unbiased, educated, and thought provoking responds to your question.....

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The Patriots. Football players in the 2000s are better then the 90s. Although I would have loved to see the 92 Cowboys vs the 2007 Patriots. That would have been a classic.
2007 patriots lost to Gints D , isnt it ?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Geeeee... I wonder what the majority of people will say on a Dallas Cowboys message board?

I'm sure you will get a bunch of unbiased, educated, and thought provoking responds to your question.....

This is what I was thinking too.