Prime 90s Cowboys vs Prime Tom Brady's Patriots

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With homefield advantage on the line, the 1993 Cowboys beat the #1 defense Giants during arguably Emmitt Smith's best game of his career. Guts.

Fast forward. Different team. Same franchise. And the Patriots could not beat New York with the Super Bowl on the line. Twice.

The 1990's Buffalo Bills would have outscored any team Tom Brady has ever quarterbacked.

Why are the 90's Cowboys being lowered for New England's benefit?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Prime 90s Cowboys would've beaten Brady's Patriots. Nothing against Brady, but prime 90s Cowboys weren't burdened by a salary cap and were a deeper team.

I'm more interested in 2022 Cowboys versus anyone, including old Brady's Bucs. I'm sick of talking about the 90s.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Which team wins that game?

Let's consider the rule changes that occurred as well. Defenses in the 90's could hit the QB relentlessly. Jamming at the line, push offs, and hand placement were allowed within 5+ yards of the LOS. Often WR's and DB's would hand check one another down the field with ball in the air. The defensive rules would alter the game even more into Dallas Cowboys favor.

kskboys

Reaction score
With homefield advantage on the line, the 1993 Cowboys beat the #1 defense Giants during arguably Emmitt Smith's best game of his career. Guts.

Fast forward. Different team. Same franchise. And the Patriots could not beat New York with the Super Bowl on the line. Twice.

The 1990's Buffalo Bills would have outscored any team Tom Brady has ever quarterbacked.

Why are the 90's Cowboys being lowered for New England's benefit?
Prime 90s Cowboys would've beaten Brady's Patriots. Nothing against Brady, but prime 90s Cowboys weren't burdened by a salary cap and were a deeper team.

I'm more interested in 2022 Cowboys versus anyone, including old Brady's Bucs. I'm sick of talking about the 90s.
Strangest thing, watching our own fans completely not have a clue as to how good those super bowl teams were. Those 90s teams are in the conversation w/ the 70s Cowboys and Steelers, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, and the Bucs 02 team. Pats would've been squashed by any of them.

Havic

Reaction score
prime 90's cowboys vs prime patriots with tb / bb, I think honestly its a coin toss on who wins.