Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.
That's false. Romo had a defense that pitched back to back shut outs and almost had another shut out in the playoffs the very next week...... Which he won that game. Romo was a very good QB but anybody saying he would win a Superbowl with this team is only fooling themselves. Romo failed in the playoffs much more than he did in the regular season.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I love how people

This is complete utter bs. If Dak Prescott doesn’t reveal to you all that Romo was masking for Garrett, then you are just delusional

I been a Romo fan from day one, but I’m not gonna sit here and pretend prime Romo wasn’t a risk taking mofo...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That's false. Romo had a defense that pitched back to back shut outs and almost had another shut out in the playoffs the very next week...... Which he won that game. Romo was a very good QB but anybody saying he would win a Superbowl with this team is only fooling themselves. Romo failed in the playoffs much more than he did in the regular season.

Romo was excellent in 50% of the playoff games he played in. There is more to the current team and past team than just the defense.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No, that was 2009. The 2007 D was decent, but mostly effective because they had a ton of leads and played against a bunch of crappy offenses. They played 6 games against teams ranked 20th or worst in offense (Miami, Buffalo, Carolina, NYJ, Chicago, St. Louis) and another 8 against teams ranked 14-19. The Patriots (48) and Packers (27) scored a ton of points.

Ok so he had a defense just as good in 2009 then.

Let’s stop the alternative history some people parrot that Romo never had any help.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Loved Romo for his part and being the face of the franchise but it's time to put this to bed.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Prime Roger Staubach and Prime Troy Aikman would have multiple titles.... What's the point.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here we go again. Hypothetical wins are great. I think Dan Marino would win more SBs than Tony Romo given the same team capable of winning the SB. Does that count for anything?

kskboys

Reaction score
No, you have it wrong. The oline went from terrible before Romo to 3 (undeserved) pro bowls when he becane the QB.

The 2007 defense was 13th in opposing points per game, so even though I think this defense is getting overrated due to weak opposition thus far, this isn't true.

Going back to the main point of this thread, I doubt Dallas wins it all with JG as head coach, but there is little doubt that it would be a better opportunity than any Romo had in his career.
No, I don't have it wrong.

I don't mind you saying I got something wrong, that definitely happens, but at least try to present some proof when you proclaim it. Pro bowls prove exactly nothing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A defense this good *is* what we needed during the Romo years. We blew the chance to make it good enough by taking circus shots on troubled or injured players and sitting on our hands a bit too much in FA. And by spending our premium draft capital at the wrong position.

But this OL isn't what it was or what it needs to be, either, unfortunately.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Yeah yeah we've heard that one before........Prime Romo could walk on water too.........

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have a hypothetical.
If Romo didn't bobble the snap in 2006, we would have gone on to play Chicago.
That doesn't count because apparently nobody believes the defense would have made a stop or we would win the next year.

His poor game in 2007 doesn't count either because Crayton also made an error and he gets all the blame.

Him being a turnover machine in the season ending losses to Eagle and Vikings in 2008 and 2009 don't count because we got blown out.

Week 17 losses in 2011 and 2012 don't count because nobody believes we could have won the SB anyway with the defense.

Nope, Romo only had a chance in 2016-2018 and Garrett ruined his guaranteed SB wins.