Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Owens maybe. But how could you say that about either of the other two?
Bryant ran horrible routes, and the back shoulder throw was his best friend, because Romo could put it exactly where it needed to be.
Witten, while I love the guy, didn't exactly make spectacular grabs. He got open momentarily, which is what he was supposed to do...and Romo knew when to throw him the ball to take advantage of that. I haven't seen anything like that from Dak....yet.
Easy. Owens and Witten were HOF caliber, reliable players. They always created separation, got open and had great hands. Not sure what you saw but they made some great catches and in their prime made some great after the catch. Owens was elite everywhere he played. Witten played forever. Bryant made some great grabs in his prime, those weren't all perfectly placed passes. I get your point about a couple of mediocre WR's that bombed when they went elsewhere, but you can literally say that about many WRs on other teams.

It's reasonable to assume id Prescott had an Owens, Witten or Bryant in their prime perhaps he'd have some bigger numbers.

I really don't understand the Romo fascination. He was very good in the regular season. I wish the same excuses fans still use for Romo were afforded to Prescott. That and it's unrealistic at best to compare 12 years to 2 and a half. Even Romo said he wasn't a very accurate or strong passer in his early years and that he developed.

Maybe Prescott won't get any better. Who knows. But the biased around here is crazy. Fans are STILL drooling over Romo.

jsb357

Reaction score
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.

SO?

He work for CBS now.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Did you just not watch the late 2000's Cowboys?

Also we should start with Romo winning making it past the 1st round before claiming absolutes such as him winning the SB for certain.

I hope next week hurries up, there have been some truly awful threads being made.

We can start with this defense not giving up a ton of points and add that Romo had the highest QB rating for a playoff loss. Add in fresh zeke. And based on the average points our defense gives up every team that pretty much scores what we allow currently has lost in the playoffs. I'd say there's a good chance to make a run deep with our current team. And you add Cooper to this, definitely.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Love Romo - but I have no idea why someone would start this thread.

Same old - same old - why would someone want to regurgitae the song and dance!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Coming soon..

We’ll see if Dak slobberers hold him to the same bar they did Romo and the teams results.
People cheering for the current qb are not dak slobberers they want to win. Romo is over with so the Romosexuals are really irritating. As much as you might **** off to it. He will never win a sb or more than 2 playoff games. Time to move on. Most here that like dak would not say hes better than average right now or that he deserves over 20 million a year. I remember I went crazy cuz romo got paid like a sb mvp qb cuz jerry loves him. We are still getting out from his **** contracts. Lets just hope it takes us less than a decade this time to realize we don't have the right QB.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Easy. Owens and Witten were HOF caliber, reliable players. They always created separation, got open and had great hands. Not sure what you saw but they made some great catches and in their prime made some great after the catch. Owens was elite everywhere he played. Witten played forever. Bryant made some great grabs in his prime, those weren't all perfectly placed passes. I get your point about a couple of mediocre WR's that bombed when they went elsewhere, but you can literally say that about many WRs on other teams.

It's reasonable to assume id Prescott had an Owens, Witten or Bryant in their prime perhaps he'd have some bigger numbers.

I really don't understand the Romo fascination. He was very good in the regular season. I wish the same excuses fans still use for Romo were afforded to Prescott. That and it's unrealistic at best to compare 12 years to 2 and a half. Even Romo said he wasn't a very accurate or strong passer in his early years and that he developed.

Maybe Prescott won't get any better. Who knows. But the biased around here is crazy. Fans are STILL drooling over Romo.

I would agree with you, I think Dak would be better with years of work with Witten and Owens.

The fascination with Romo comes from his rise from obscurity, his loyalty and sacrifice to the organization, his talent and I think most of all, the way he handled the end of his career and even the popularity by people for his broadcasting.

Now I'll drive you crazy--

Romo was also a pretty good playoff QB.

8TD's - 2 INT's - 93 QB Rating.

He was never Rodgers or Peyton that could single handedly carry a franchise to a Super Bowl but he did his job.

If Dilfer, Rypien and Flacco can win Super Bowls he certainly could have.

Zman5

Reaction score
With JG as the HC, I doubt it.

We lost games with Romo when we had a 3TD lead. Murray was running well yet we ended up losing that game due to ints. Had we just ran the ball we would have won.

Dumb coaching.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Romo didnt win. I was on the Romo train long before many others. Regardless what has happened, he didnt win and no point playing the "if he had" He had an organization thats not in it to win. You want facts, fans have to come around to teh reality. The Jones brothers want the money, winning is only a side effect. At no point would Dallas give Romo what needed. Its what would sell and what keeps the stadium going.

Romos legacy is written, the rest is speculation and fantasy.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.

SMH. Let it go already. Romo is done and he isn't coming back. Romo had his chance in 2007. He had an off week to prepare for a home playoff game against the Giants and decided to go to Mexico on vacation with Witten. Our defense was only allowing 20 points a game that season. He had Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, and Marion Barber. He was 18-36 (50%) for only 201 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int in that playoff game. Our Defense only allowed 21 points that day as Romo sealed the loss with a game ending interception. We put up a whopping 3 points on the board in the 2nd half of that home game that we were favored to win. Btw, Romo was in his 5th year as a pro in 2007 because he spent the first 3 years on the bench learning. I like Romo and I am glad that we had him as a QB all those years but I remember loss after loss in critical times of the season and many those came due to his reckless plays on the field. Kind of like Dak's reckless play in the endzone against the Commanders on Sunday.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We can start with this defense not giving up a ton of points and add that Romo had the highest QB rating for a playoff loss. Add in fresh zeke. And based on the average points our defense gives up every team that pretty much scores what we allow currently has lost in the playoffs. I'd say there's a good chance to make a run deep with our current team. And you add Cooper to this, definitely.

What?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Super bowl, World series, Stanley cup, the Masters, Bassmasters, world cup, Wimbledon, they all were his for the taking, but alas no team around him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hmm, let's see Tony Romo during his prime years (2012 - 2015)?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't think it's fair to say that Tony would have won with this team. Tony didn't always have a great team or the best team but there were years when he had pretty damn good teams and lost.