Prince Jonathan Taylor

RaZon

Reaction score
Well both things can be true.. Yes a great runner and yes a horrible run defense. Still let's not award him the rushing title just yet.. He's played two more games than Zeke to this point and he's got the Bucs, Bills, Pats and Cards still ahead on his schedule.. He's probably going to slow down a bit in those games. On the flipside he has the Jags twice and the Texans.. so it should balance out.

I knew it, a Zeke vs Taylor, ok man, I get it.

When you have Zeke better than Marcus Allen who is sixth all time scoring TD;s with 146, that says it all.

Zeke is great, but he ain't no Marcus Allen.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Well we both know that Jerry likes to use the second round as his "risk" pick. In Hill's case he grabbed a kid who was really young who needed time to grow and mature. He has a great physical toolset but had a lot of growing up to do coming into the league at 20. We'll see if he can turn it around.. I'm rooting for him..

Either Wright or Joseph has to come through for this draft . CB was a point of concern coming into the 21 draft need to come away with one player from that position .

RonWashington

Reaction score
My man, ha!!! Here is a guy who had over 4000 yards in HS, over 4000 at the NCAA level, had over 1000 a a rookie,will lead the NFL this season,, and you.....Jets can;t stop the run.....hahaha!!!!!!!

How about....yep, great runner?

Q Williams out of Bama with a banjo on my knee was drafted numero uno exactly to fill the middle and stop teams from running all over the Jets living room . Nope didn’t stop anyone .

RaZon

Reaction score
Q Williams out of Bama with a banjo on my knee was drafted numero uno exactly to fill the middle and stop teams from running all over the Jets living room . Nope didn’t stop anyone .
Heck Lincoln Coleman would have rumbled for a buck fity against the J E T S

Work with me here amigo,,,

Jonathan Taylor

Junior HS...1095 yards/8 TD
Senior HS....2824/35
Frosh NCAA...1977/13
Soph...2194/16
Junior...2003/21
NFL Rookie...1169/11

And you wanna tell me about the Jets, ha!!!!!

RonWashington

Reaction score
For the second time in three weeks a team went for over 500 yards of offense against the J E T s. Pathetic . And stats from J Taylor’s elementary school days doesn’t change things.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jeff Ulbrich is the D coordinator for this bunch . Came over from Atlanta which wasn’t a rousing success last yr either. I can see a new DC in the J E T s horizon similar to the exit of Mike Nolan in Dallas . Can only give up so many 500 yard games before your asked to pack up your things in a cardboard box see ya .

RaZon

Reaction score
For the second time in three weeks a team went for over 500 yards of offense against the J E T s. Pathetic . And stats from J Taylor’s elementary school days doesn’t change things.

When a guy has rushed for over a 1000 yards his last seven seasons, was third in the NFL in rushing as a rookie ya don't talk about the Jets. So next week when he puts up another 100 yards what then? When he ends up leading the NFL in rushing what then? Why this need to try and belittle a big night for the guy?

I have this feeling if Zeke had put up 170 rushing yards you wouldn't be.......no big deal vs that defense,

RonWashington

Reaction score
When a guy has rushed for over a 1000 yards his last seven seasons, was third in the NFL in rushing as a rookie ya don't talk about the Jets. So next week when he puts up another 100 yards what then? When he ends up leading the NFL in rushing what then? Why this need to try and belittle a big night for the guy?

I have this feeling if Zeke had put up 170 rushing yards you wouldn't be.......no big deal vs that defense,

Razon I understand your a huge fan of Taylor I get it. The point your missing is your gushing over a guy who played against a team that has given up 54 to a NE team with a rookie QB and a bottom third set of receivers followed by the Bengals hanging 31 then that “ powerful “ 3-5 Colts squad hangs 45 could have easily been 52. Get back to me when Taylor and the Colts go off on Buffalo in the snow to win the AFC .

RaZon

Reaction score
Razon I understand your a huge fan of Taylor I get it. The point your missing is your gushing over a guy who played against a team that has given up 54 to a NE team with a rookie QB and a bottom third set of receivers followed by the Bengals hanging 31 then that “ powerful “ 3-5 Colts squad hangs 45 could have easily been 52. Get back to me when Taylor and the Colts go off on Buffalo in the snow to win the AFC .

What you are missing is I posted this thread BEFORE the game and lo and behold....200 yards.

This really isn't about that game it is about now that Henry is out here is the best RB in the NFL right now, a guy who was incredible in HS, amazing at Wisconsin, and great as a young NFLer. This thread will be updated as he piles up yards, watch how it goes.

2020...over 1100 yards with a 5.0 avg, the guy can play!

Bringing up the Jets defense tells me for some reason you need to take a negative stance,guessing the old....can only brag on Cowboys.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What you are missing s I posted this thread BEFORE the game and lo and behold....200 yards.

This really isn't about that game it is about now that Henry is out here is te best RB in the NFL right now, a guy who was incredible in HS, amazing at Wisconsin, and great as a young NFLer. This thread will be updated as he piles up yards, watch how it does.

Bringing up the Jets defense tells me for some reason you need to take a negative stance,guessing the old....can only brag on Cowboys.

Like I said.. both things can be true.. Taylor can be the next great NFL rb AND the Jets can be one of the worst run defenses the game has seen. You know me.. I'm a fan of all great running backs.. and I love Taylor.. Loved him in college, and he's obviously hit the ground running (pun intended) in the NFL. He certainly has all the tools to be a great one.. Though the glitch he has playing QB is going to work against him at some point.

RaZon

Reaction score
Like I said.. both things can be true.. Taylor can be the next great NFL rb AND the Jets can be one of the worst run defenses the game has seen. You know me.. I'm a fan of all great running backs.. and I love Taylor.. Loved him in college, and he's obviously hit the ground running (pun intended) in the NFL. He certainly has all the tools to be a great one.. Though the glitch he has playing QB is going to work against him at some point.

Thing is "one" game means nothing here, this was never about "just" the Jets. The guy has gained on everyone and will continue to do so.

I brought him up because the Colts had a prime time game so we all got a good look at him and as we saw he delivered just like he's been doing all his football life.

225 pounds, 4.3/10,4 with some wiggle and can catch the ball, yep, total package.

I think I mentioned a notebook I keep that I started in the mid 60;s

Chapters

Them Blues...pre 1950
The Rasslin'...just love it fake or not
Football
Track
Football/Track connection

Every running RB who was anyone is listed, as is all the track exploits for NFL players people don't get just how many of these guys were also track cats in HS/college.

Yep, geek/freak will work, do prefer,.....history buff.

Stuff like this, Oregon 9.5 sprinter Amos Marsh

1961T-Amos-Marsh-Dallas-Cowboys-350x350.jpg

RonWashington

Reaction score
You must not read what I post I constantly post on the NFL section about other teams other payers the draft . It’s a 32 team league not just the Pokes. I mentioned a receiver out of Arkansas that would be a good fit for the sad Lions who need weapons. It was met with a yawn . Peace out !

RaZon

Reaction score
You must not read what I post I constantly post on the NFL section about other teams other payers the draft . It’s a 32 team league not just the Pokes. I mentioned a receiver out of Arkansas that would be a good fit for the sad Lions who need weapons. It was met with a yawn . Peace out !

Being this thread was posted before the game, I simply expect.....good game....or nothing at all. Now if posted after the game then....come on man the Jets suck.....would fit.

Ok, moving on~~~~~

RaZon

Reaction score
116 yards today, yep,,,The Prince

So he enters the 1000 yards seasons first two years Club. Not sure who all is in that Club, but hey!!!

RonWashington

Reaction score
Could Jacksonville beat Alabama and Georgia?

Depends on who shows up that day. Years ago the NFL champs played an exhibition against college All Stars and game wasn’t competitive . So Jax would have a very good chance even though they are one rung above the Jets.

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
Depends on who shows up that day. Years ago the NFL champs played an exhibition against college All Stars and game wasn’t competitive . So Jax would have a very good chance even though they are one rung above the Jets

Actually college all stars teams beat the NFL champs nine times.

Taylor has been gaining big yards since his HS days, it doesn't matter who he plays was my point.

RonWashington

Reaction score
He’s very good playing very bad teams . Maybe like I said depends on who shows up that day maybe the pros had 2nd 3rd string in the game . Bart Starr Paul Horning Fred “ the hammer “ Williamson were given the night off I would imagine .